HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RFA Negotiations: Tatar & AA

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Beltv

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Wow. He's really producing at a ~.43PPG? That's not bad at all...
Limited ice too.

Old
07-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Wow. He's really producing at a ~.43PPG? That's not bad at all...
His scoring/60 are even more promising.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...0&sortdir=DESC

This is the stat I like most.

Old
07-08-2017, 10:31 AM
chances14

if this article is translated correctly, this is interesting regarding tatar

https://www.cas.sk/clanok/569179/tat...e-ho-caka-sud/

Quote:
"Arbitration is the last option, I have to sign off, it's just a mandatory contract. Unless I agree with Detroit, I'll go to the court, where they'll give me a year's contract. That would probably be my last season in Detroit. We'll see in a few days or weeks before it all comes together," said Tatar.

Old
07-08-2017, 10:51 AM
jolly roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chances14 View Post

Holland and Blashill have built a really strong relationship with Tatar as evidenced by this article.

How much longer can those two survive?

Old
07-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Lazlo Hollyfeld
Tanking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly roger View Post
Holland and Blashill have built a really strong relationship with Tatar as evidenced by this article.

How much longer can those two survive?
It'd be hilarious/infuriating if after handing out a 5 year deal to the likes of Helm, Holland suddenly gets gunshy about contracts with one of the few guys on the team who can score goals.

Old
07-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Flowah

Quote:

Something could be lost in translation but to me it sounds like he's just expanding on the hypothetical in the case they actually go to arbitration. But he even says, arbitration is the "last option."

Old
07-08-2017, 11:16 AM
StargateSG1

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments...id-arbitration

"Arbitration is the last option, I have to sign off, it's just a mandatory contract. Unless I agree with Detroit, I'll go to the court, where they'll give me a year's contract. That would probably be my last season in Detroit. We'll see in a few days or weeks before it all comes together," said Tatar.

Old
07-08-2017, 11:21 AM
StargateSG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan 4 life View Post
AA doesn't have the leverage or enough of a track record to command a long term deal or high salary in the short term.

There is no cap room for AA to sign long term deal.
There is barely cap space to give him a decent bridge deal.
What the hell are you people even arguing about?

Old
07-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Reds4Life

In that article, Tatar says he's gotten multiple offers from DRW (1 year, 4 years, 5 years) and that both term AND money are being discussed. He says there's no rush.
He ends with saying that IF he goes to arbitration, he'll get a one year contract and that it would likely be his last season in Detroit.

Old
07-08-2017, 02:28 PM
chances14

Quote:
Something could be lost in translation but to me it sounds like he's just expanding on the hypothetical in the case they actually go to arbitration. But he even says, arbitration is the "last option."
Part i found interesting is that he says will be done with detroit if he has to go to arbitration. Doesn't seem like he has much interest in taking a discount (not that I blame him).

I would not be at all surprised if it goes to arbitration if that's the case

Old
07-08-2017, 02:33 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 704
Quote:
Part i found interesting is that he says will be done with detroit if he has to go to arbitration. Doesn't seem like he has much interest in taking a discount (not that I blame him).

I would not be at all surprised if it goes to arbitration if that's the case
Good to know we can trade him at the deadline then.

Old
07-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Wood Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Good to know we can trade him at the deadline then.
Yeah so sweet to trade a 27 year old upcoming UFA would **** numbers due to Blash. Beautiful mindset.

Old
07-08-2017, 04:48 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Stick View Post
Yeah so sweet to trade a 27 year old upcoming UFA would **** numbers due to Blash. Beautiful mindset.
Is it not better to know this would be his mind-set if we hit arbitration???

I pushed hard for the last several months that okay trade Nyquist, just get rid of one of these guys.

If Tatar doesn't come under contract and he is telling them he will hold that as a one year deal where we are eliminated the next off-season we are best to move him at the deadline for what we can get.

Tatar has millions of reasons to be have a good season at that point.

Old
07-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Wood Stick

Quote:
Is it not better to know this would be his mind-set if we hit arbitration???

I pushed hard for the last several months that okay trade Nyquist, just get rid of one of these guys.

If Tatar doesn't come under contract and he is telling them he will hold that as a one year deal where we are eliminated the next off-season we are best to move him at the deadline for what we can get.

Tatar has millions of reasons to be have a good season at that point.
Nyquist has a multiple year deal which will definitely include his prime. Trading a pending UFA with 25 games left isn't a good option for Detroit. From all reports of this, Tomas Tatar is completely unhappy in Detroit. He's my favourite Red Wing. You don't wait until the deadline though. I'm hoping they reach a multi-year agreement.

If we lose Tatar for virtually nothing I'm going to be completely upset. As for having a great year. Sure, he needs it. So does everyone else. Everyone's numbers are dropping with Blash though. Nothing stands out to me about guys having insane bounce back seasons with Blash.

I do think Larkin hits 55 points though

Old
07-08-2017, 05:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

Quote:
Nyquist has a multiple year deal which will definitely include his prime. Trading a pending UFA with 25 games left isn't a good option for Detroit. From all reports of this, Tomas Tatar is completely unhappy in Detroit. He's my favourite Red Wing. You don't wait until the deadline though. I'm hoping they reach a multi-year agreement.

If we lose Tatar for virtually nothing I'm going to be completely upset. As for having a great year. Sure, he needs it. So does everyone else. Everyone's numbers are dropping with Blash though. Nothing stands out to me about guys having insane bounce back seasons with Blash.

Well a 23 point lift in production from Larkin has to help other players.

I liked how Tatar finished and I am hoping the surgery helps him.

I will be curious if Blash keeps the Nyquist - Zetterberg - Tatar together that closed the year. It worked quite well even though it is a pure skill deal. But much like a lot of us were upset when they ripped apart Hudler - Zetterberg - Filppula I hope they at least give this skill line a shot, they looked to have chemistry.

A 20 goal scorer should return a second at least or if a bidding war heats up a first. I think Tatar doesn't walk for something that isn't useful to our rebuild even if he must be moved at the deadline.

Old
07-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Wood Stick

Quote:
Well a 23 point lift in production from Larkin has to help other players.

I liked how Tatar finished and I am hoping the surgery helps him.

I will be curious if Blash keeps the Nyquist - Zetterberg - Tatar together that closed the year. It worked quite well even though it is a pure skill deal. But much like a lot of us were upset when they ripped apart Hudler - Zetterberg - Filppula I hope they at least give this skill line a shot, they looked to have chemistry.

A 20 goal scorer should return a second at least or if a bidding war heats up a first. I think Tatar doesn't walk for something that isn't useful to our rebuild even if he must be moved at the deadline.
I'd guess a late first + a conditional pick based on GP/Playoff run/Re-signing.

A lot of the guys struggle without Zetterberg. I too am hoping they continue with that line. At the same time Larkin and Frans should both be getting second line C minutes. I at the same time want Z on the wing but he clearly doesn't want that. Frans has a good offensive game and works with skill so using him and paying him so much to be a third line defensive guy is kind of pointless.

Tatar-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Abdelkader-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Frans-AA
Sheahan-Glendening-Witkowski/???

Let's just speculate a Helm injury in preseason or something.

I don't think the PP gets fixed based on the 2 years of it absolutely sucking.

Old
07-08-2017, 07:33 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

Quote:
I'd guess a late first + a conditional pick based on GP/Playoff run/Re-signing.

A lot of the guys struggle without Zetterberg. I too am hoping they continue with that line. At the same time Larkin and Frans should both be getting second line C minutes. I at the same time want Z on the wing but he clearly doesn't want that. Frans has a good offensive game and works with skill so using him and paying him so much to be a third line defensive guy is kind of pointless.

Tatar-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Abdelkader-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Frans-AA
Sheahan-Glendening-Witkowski/???

Let's just speculate a Helm injury in preseason or something.

I don't think the PP gets fixed based on the 2 years of it absolutely sucking.
I like those lines. Helm should be on the fourth line if he isn't hurt.

I might go with a kid line with AA or Bert up there, but they have to show the ability to defend to get there so Gator is safer for that reason. I am encouraged that Blashill and Larkin might have rounded a corner at the World Championships. We will find out and I know the ice surface is different but that was probably big for both guys really getting a lot of trust back in each other.

Old
07-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Custance is suggesting Tatar could be looking at $5.5+ million, and talks about the problem of the amount the Wings would have tied up in him, Gator, and Nyquist.

Quote:
I like those lines. Helm should be on the fourth line if he isn't hurt.

I might go with a kid line with AA or Bert up there, but they have to show the ability to defend to get there so Gator is safer for that reason. I am encouraged that Blashill and Larkin might have rounded a corner at the World Championships. We will find out and I know the ice surface is different but that was probably big for both guys really getting a lot of trust back in each other.
I'd actually try Sheahan there. I've never been a big fan of the guy, but I think last season was just a freak thing. If he still can't contribute offensively wit Larkin&Mantha, then cut bury him before cutting him loose in the summer (or dealing him at the deadline). But if he does look like an actual hockey player again, he either helps us there or he ups his trade value.

07-08-2017, 10:32 PM
chances14

i think it would be in both sides best interest to just take a one year deal. wings can get assets for him at the trade deadline for rebuilding and tatar can go to a contender

what would really suck is if the wings are on the playoff bubble at the deadline and holland decides to keep him just so they can squeak into the playoffs. and then wings lose him for nothing at the end of the year

Old
07-09-2017, 06:04 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Hollyfeld View Post
It'd be hilarious/infuriating if after handing out a 5 year deal to the likes of Helm, Holland suddenly gets gunshy about contracts with one of the few guys on the team who can score goals.
Those would be rebuilding acts.

Sell one of your best goalscorers for futures ?

Old
07-09-2017, 06:18 AM
jolly roger

Quote:

What "reports"? In the Czech Republic?

I haven't seen "reports" here. But it wouldn't surprise me that he didn't like playing for Blabhill and dealing with Holland.

Old
07-09-2017, 07:01 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Custance is suggesting Tatar could be looking at $5.5+ million, and talks about the problem of the amount the Wings would have tied up in him, Gator, and Nyquist.

I'd actually try Sheahan there. I've never been a big fan of the guy, but I think last season was just a freak thing. If he still can't contribute offensively wit Larkin&Mantha, then cut bury him before cutting him loose in the summer (or dealing him at the deadline). But if he does look like an actual hockey player again, he either helps us there or he ups his trade value.
Tatar is not a 5.5 million dollar player. I would be happy to move on at that point.

I was not real happy about 5 to be honest, but I understood that is where it could be. He doesn't bring enough to the table to be up there.

On Sheahan he is going to have to earn his way up the lineup again as far as I am concerned. I agree it was a very strange year and I doubt it happens like that again. But still they talk a lot about earning things around here, he needs to work his way up the lineup as far as I am concerned.

Old
07-09-2017, 08:31 AM
FireBird71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Those would be rebuilding acts.

Sell one of your best goalscorers for futures ?
Better than another long term contract

Old
07-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Heaton

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBird71 View Post
Yep, we need to purge this team of long bloated contracts, not add to it.

Old
07-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBird71 View Post
Yep. This is what we need more in here. Positive thinking.

Tatar leaving would be bad, but there's always also positives on this kind of moves.

Closed Thread