HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Part 二 (Ni)

Old
07-12-2017, 02:13 PM
GeauxPreds1
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm assuming it was a Ristolainen reference but I don't totally get it either. I thought I did, but I don't.
Rasmus Ristolainen =RR just initials not to hard to understand.

GeauxPreds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 02:43 PM
CacOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds1 View Post
Rasmus Ristolainen =RR just initials not to hard to understand.
Risto is RD and if you wnat Risto+McCabe for Ekholm I'm outta here. Have a nice day

CacOBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 05:29 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
You're parsing words. I just meant that Poile could lose convincingly. You may as well argue that he wouldn't get "murdered" because he'd still be alive after the hearing.

even so, the point is even if Arvidsson gets the award he asks for, its still a win for Poile because its a 1 year deal and he remains an RFA and has to "prove it" next year.

07-12-2017, 07:19 PM
NoNecksCurse

shoutout to subban for getting a shoutout on the ESPYs. cut to him having fun with a hot chick and fake chugging alcohol. he may have already chugged it lol. loved it.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
even so, the point is even if Arvidsson gets the award he asks for, its still a win for Poile because its a 1 year deal and he remains an RFA and has to "prove it" next year.
well unless Poile would cut him (I can't see that), giving Arvidsson what he wants eliminates a prove it like deal because his next offer has to be whatever he gets from this year + 10% I think if we were to qualify him when he is a RFA again.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 10:44 AM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
shoutout to subban for getting a shoutout on the ESPYs. cut to him having fun with a hot chick and fake chugging alcohol. he may have already chugged it lol. loved it.
And he caught "flack" from a woman interviewing him because he called Lindsey Vonn hot.

But, ya know, ESPN.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 12:03 PM
David Singleton

Regarding arbitration around Arvidsson...

This is a player-elected arbitration case. Since Arvidsson elected for arbitration, the Nashville Predators will have the option/expectation to choose the term of the contract (chosen as part of their opening filings, not after hearing any evidence) to be either a one or two year contract. If not specified, one-year is the default.

As Arvidsson is 24 years old and will not be old enough or have the number of accrued seasons needed for UFA status, I expect the Predators to elect the two-year contract option. That election would avoid the automatic raise via a Qualifying Offer (and another potential player-elected arbitration) after a year-one contract.

Walk-away options for the Predators

There are some options if Arvidsson is awarded $3.5 million or more and the Predators had elected a two-year term. The Predators would have the option to move back to a one-year term at the arbitrated salary. If the Predators choose to do that however, Arvidsson would be immediately classified as an UFA upon expiration of that one-year contract, regardless of age and accrued seasons.

I mention that for completeness, but I do not see a scenario where the Predators choose that course of action.

CBA: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA...A_2013_CBA.pdf

Last edited by David Singleton: 07-13-2017 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Link to the CBA
David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 02:36 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
And he caught "flack" from a woman interviewing him because he called Lindsey Vonn hot.

But, ya know, ESPN.
i must have missed that part....

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Poile and Sakic need to hammer out a trade on Duchene. He needs to be in Nashville. I know the holdup is Sakic here. The fit is strong. The desire for Nashville and Duchene is strong. If he could be brought in without sacrificing our top 4 defense, it jettisons this team up in terms of power.

07-13-2017, 03:26 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
Regarding arbitration around Arvidsson...

This is a player-elected arbitration case. Since Arvidsson elected for arbitration, the Nashville Predators will have the option/expectation to choose the term of the contract (chosen as part of their opening filings, not after hearing any evidence) to be either a one or two year contract. If not specified, one-year is the default.

As Arvidsson is 24 years old and will not be old enough or have the number of accrued seasons needed for UFA status, I expect the Predators to elect the two-year contract option. That election would avoid the automatic raise via a Qualifying Offer (and another potential player-elected arbitration) after a year-one contract.

Walk-away options for the Predators

There are some options if Arvidsson is awarded $3.5 million or more and the Predators had elected a two-year term. The Predators would have the option to move back to a one-year term at the arbitrated salary. If the Predators choose to do that however, Arvidsson would be immediately classified as an UFA upon expiration of that one-year contract, regardless of age and accrued seasons.

I mention that for completeness, but I do not see a scenario where the Predators choose that course of action.

CBA: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA...A_2013_CBA.pdf
I forgot that the team is the one who could ask for the two year award. Id be interested to know what Arvys ask is. If its anything reasonable Poile should just accept it for two years and move on.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 01:15 PM
Gh24

Two years keeps him RFA right? I'll take it.

Gh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 01:15 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Poile and Sakic need to hammer out a trade on Duchene. He needs to be in Nashville. I know the holdup is Sakic here. The fit is strong. The desire for Nashville and Duchene is strong. If he could be brought in without sacrificing our top 4 defense, it jettisons this team up in terms of power.
Or we wait 2 years and sign him as a UFA. Since he loves Nashville and wants to be here, it would just be about $$. Although, that will be the same offseason we decide whether we pay Ellis. May not be able to do both so it'll have the effect of trading Ellis for Duchene.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 02:44 PM
GeauxPreds1
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
Or we wait 2 years and sign him as a UFA. Since he loves Nashville and wants to be here, it would just be about $$. Although, that will be the same offseason we decide whether we pay Ellis. May not be able to do both so it'll have the effect of trading Ellis for Duchene.
as much as I love Ellis I would see if you can put him in a package to get duchene. I'm sorry but knowing that if we don't make a move for duchene or another 2nd line center were gonna be stuck with bonino as our 2nd line center and that sucks. I like the bonino pick up but not as our 2nd line center. he's a 3rd line guy and he's really good at it.
so tell me would you rather have
2nd line smith bonino fiala
3rd line hartnell krok aberg
top 4 SUBBAN, ekholms, josi and Ellis
or
2nd line smith duchene fiala
3rd line hartnell bonino jarnkrok
top 4 SUBBAN, ekholms, josi, emelin?

Old
07-14-2017, 02:55 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Again, what separates Bonino from Fisher? They're basically the same player. If we could get by with Fisher as the 2C, we can get by with Bonino as the 2C. It's not ideal but it's manageable.

And I would much rather keep our top 4 defense intact than trade one of them for Duchene.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:15 PM
RickP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
That may sound crazy, but maybe Tavares would be willing to sign in Nashville as a UFA next summer? It would be a good fit for him IMO.

Nashville is a cup contender, a hockey city without the crazy Canadian media, if I'm not mistaken the taxes are low (or no taxes at all?), decent weather?

One of his best friends growing up was PK:

I think this is a possibility. Not very likely, but still a possibility.

RickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:36 PM
King Weber

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP View Post
That may sound crazy, but maybe Tavares would be willing to sign in Nashville as a UFA next summer? It would be a good fit for him IMO.

Nashville is a cup contender, a hockey city without the crazy Canadian media, if I'm not mistaken the taxes are low (or no taxes at all?), decent weather?

One of his best friends growing up was PK:

I think this is a possibility. Not very likely, but still a possibility.
I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'd be ecstatic to have him. One of my favorite players in the league.

King Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:42 PM
GeauxPreds1
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Again, what separates Bonino from Fisher? They're basically the same player. If we could get by with Fisher as the 2C, we can get by with Bonino as the 2C. It's not ideal but it's manageable.

And I would much rather keep our top 4 defense intact than trade one of them for Duchene.
please stop with the same player stuff because Fisher is way better than bonino. Fisher was a 2nd line center who got old and became a 3rd line center with him losing a step because of age. 7 times in fishers career he topped over 40 points, twice getting 50 +. bonino top 40 points 1 time. health was always an issue with Fisher. he hardly even played more than. 70 games. last year he played 72 and he got 42 points. Fisher has also topped 20 plus goals 6 times. bonino topped 20 goals once. you see Fisher and bonino are not like the same player. they have similar styles but Fisher had and has more skills than bonino ever will. if Fisher decides to come back for 1 more year I hope he's on our 2nd line with smith and fiala at least I think he can keep up with them. you have top 6 forwards and bottom 6 forwards. Fisher was a top 6 forward who after years and years of playing dropped to or should drop to a botrom 6 forward. bonino has never been a top 6 forward and at 29 he isn't trending up. I hope I'm wrong about him. I hope he makes me put my foot in my mouth. but after watch him for years I don't see him as a true 2nd line center. we have very talented wingers forsberg arvi smith fiala aberg sissons jarnkrok yes I think those last 2 are better wingers. we need center help and I hope poile addresses it before the season starts

Old
07-14-2017, 04:06 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
please stop with the same player stuff because Fisher is way better than bonino.
When they stop being the same player, I'll stop with the same player stuff.

Old
07-14-2017, 04:12 PM
GeauxPreds1
Rookie User

Quote:
they're not the same player sooo

Old
07-14-2017, 04:18 PM
GeauxPreds1
Rookie User

Quote:
give me reasons why you think they are the "same player"

Old
07-14-2017, 04:28 PM
LastWordArmy

vCash: 450
The 2016-17 NHL season is officially over. The expansion draft and the 2017 NHL Entry Draft are in the rear-view mirror. Free agency is in its mid-July lull. With that being said, it is time for NHL general managers to examine their current rosters and to look at their prospects. When Nashville Predators general manager David Poile looks on his roster and organizational depth chart, there is no doubt that the emotion on his face is that of pure joy.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/07/...and-prospects/

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:
Fisher is way better than bonino.
"Way better" is quite a reach there.

Quote:
7 times in fishers career he topped over 40 points, twice getting 50 +. bonino top 40 points 1 time.
Fisher has been a full-time NHL player for 17 years. Bonino has been for 5.

Quote:
Fisher has also topped 20 plus goals 6 times. bonino topped 20 goals once.
17 years to 5.

Fisher is one of my favorite players but let's not sit here and act like Bonino is a significant downgrade from Fisher. This is not true.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 05:05 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
give me reasons why you think they are the "same player"
Well let's start with the obvious, both have 4 letter first names and 6 letter last names.

They're both two way centers who produce around the same number of goals, first assists, shot generation and suppression numbers.

You're making it sound like Fisher is putting up 60 points and Bonino is putting up 30 or something. Last year it was 42 to 37 with Fisher getting more PP time and Bonino getting more even strength points.

Just look at their 5 on 5 P/60 the past 5 years.

2012-13

Fisher - 1.21
Bonino - 1.62

2013-14

Fisher - 1.92
Bonino - 1.93

2014-15

Fisher - 1.98
Bonino - 2.04

2015-16

Fisher 0.90
Bonino - 2.02

2016-17

Fisher - 1.41
Bonino - 1.43

They couldn't be more similar if they tried.

Like I said, it's not ideal that Bonino is our #2C right now. I'd love Duchene but that doesn't mean I'm going to meet Colorado's insane asking price and weaken our team overall.

Who knows. Maybe Jarnkrok or Sissons takes another step and helps out the 3rd and 4th lines. Maybe with more ice time and especially PP time, Bonino becomes a 50 point center. Maybe an injury gives Kamenev a chance and he runs with it completely eliminating the need to go out and get a center.

The point is Bonino at 2C isn't a disaster waiting to happen.

Old
07-14-2017, 05:52 PM
GeauxPreds1
Rookie User

Quote:
Well let's start with the obvious, both have 4 letter first names and 6 letter last names.

They're both two way centers who produce around the same number of goals, first assists, shot generation and suppression numbers.

You're making it sound like Fisher is putting up 60 points and Bonino is putting up 30 or something. Last year it was 42 to 37 with Fisher getting more PP time and Bonino getting more even strength points.

Just look at their 5 on 5 P/60 the past 5 years.

2012-13

Fisher - 1.21
Bonino - 1.62

2013-14

Fisher - 1.92
Bonino - 1.93

2014-15

Fisher - 1.98
Bonino - 2.04

2015-16

Fisher 0.90
Bonino - 2.02

2016-17

Fisher - 1.41
Bonino - 1.43

They couldn't be more similar if they tried.

Like I said, it's not ideal that Bonino is our #2C right now. I'd love Duchene but that doesn't mean I'm going to meet Colorado's insane asking price and weaken our team overall.

Who knows. Maybe Jarnkrok or Sissons takes another step and helps out the 3rd and 4th lines. Maybe with more ice time and especially PP time, Bonino becomes a 50 point center. Maybe an injury gives Kamenev a chance and he runs with it completely eliminating the need to go out and get a center.

The point is Bonino at 2C isn't a disaster waiting to happen.
so a 24-29 bonino is the same player as a 33-38 Fisher ok I can take that. I just want a 2nd line center and I just don't think bones is that guy. I would give jarnkrok and a 2nd for bozak.
I've seen teams in our conference get better and I don't think we have gotten any better. we havent built off this recent success. our big signing is a Nick freaking bonino a 3rd line center, we lose Neal to protect a 3rd line center. surprise me poile like you did by trading Jones for ryjo and webs for pk. who is the next trade? please say you have something up your sleeve

Old
07-14-2017, 07:30 PM
GeauxPreds

Whoa I beat someone to the username punch, sorry for the offtopic post but I was flabbergasted

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote