HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers' most exciting player...

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 06:39 PM
NJDevs430

vCash: 500
Rangers' most exciting player...

Hey guys...
I was talking today to one of my friends who's a Rangers fan, and he commented that the Rangers have no exciting players.
Who would you guys say is the most exciting player on your roster right now?
}:-)>

Old
10-28-2003, 06:44 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430
Hey guys...
I was talking today to one of my friends who's a Rangers fan, and he commented that the Rangers have no exciting players.
Who would you guys say is the most exciting player on your roster right now?
I would say Leetch and Kovalev are two of the most exciting in the league. If Bure counts he's arguably the most exciting of this era.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:50 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I would say Leetch and Kovalev are two of the most exciting in the league. If Bure counts he's arguably the most exciting of this era.

I think Nedved, Leetch, Kovalev, Poti and Lindros when healthy are the top 5 to watch.

Old
10-28-2003, 07:53 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Bure if healthy, but as of now Kovalev, and Leetch when he returns...

Old
10-28-2003, 09:00 PM
LeServ

Well gosh, I just got back from the game tonight and I would ... have to concur with your friend. For the first time in my life I left before the game ended. I've seen more spark in a bucket of ice. This is just an extraordinarily uninteresting team. (When did Mess cease to be able to hold a pass?)

Old
10-29-2003, 06:44 PM
NJDevs430

Thanks...I appreciate all the responses.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:28 AM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Ben Stein.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:34 AM
Bacchus

Brian Leetch

Old
10-30-2003, 08:00 AM
Shadowtron

Mike Comrie :dazzle:

Old
10-30-2003, 09:33 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
I'd have to go with Poti. Yes Poti.

Why? He makes the game exciting to watch, all the turnovers, rushes into the offensive zone with no one covering.... poke checking everything in site and creating chances for the OTHER team. He may not make the Rangers exciting but he sure as hell makes the game exciting (Especially if you're a fan of the opposition)

Old
10-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown

Why? He makes the game exciting to watch, all the turnovers, rushes into the offensive zone with no one covering.... poke checking everything in site and creating chances for the OTHER team. He may not make the Rangers exciting but he sure as hell makes the game exciting (Especially if you're a fan of the opposition)

Old
10-30-2003, 09:55 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:

That's certainly the case last year but I have to admit that I think his defensive play has improved this year. He's tending to take the body more and has not been caught out of position as much in the past. Case in point the other night where he used his body on an opposing foward, swatted the puck away and then continued to rough him up a little. I was wondering who put a bug up Poti's :moon: . Now if he can continue that kind of play then he's much improved. Whether he does that or not is a whole other can of worms.

Old
10-30-2003, 09:59 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
I was wondering who put a bug up Poti's :moon: . Now if he can continue that kind of play then he's much improved. Whether he does that or not is a whole other can of worms.
Agreed. I have no idea who the guy wearing #3 was the other night, but it was certainly NOT the Poti we've come to know and loathe. Not only did he rough up somebody behind the Rangers net, but he also threw a pretty good hit into a Ducks player who was rushing into the zone along the boards. The type of hit that we are still waiting for Kasper to deliver.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:03 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Agreed. I have no idea who the guy wearing #3 was the other night, but it was certainly NOT the Poti we've come to know and loathe. Not only did he rough up somebody behind the Rangers net, but he also threw a pretty good hit into a Ducks player who was rushing into the zone along the boards. The type of hit that we are still waiting for Kasper to deliver.

Yeah. And I hear he's a game time decision because of it.

10-30-2003, 10:22 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
That's certainly the case last year but I have to admit that I think his defensive play has improved this year. He's tending to take the body more and has not been caught out of position as much in the past. Case in point the other night where he used his body on an opposing foward, swatted the puck away and then continued to rough him up a little. I was wondering who put a bug up Poti's :moon: . Now if he can continue that kind of play then he's much improved. Whether he does that or not is a whole other can of worms.

Oh I know I'm just busting his balls, he's done a decent job so far this year, as should be noted by the LACK of threads, topics on his play. I hope he develops into a poor man's leetch or something of that sort, someone that can play a good offensive role from the defense but also be at least responsible on defensive side of things. I did see that hit on the ducks player, my mouth was wide open and i had to clear my eyes.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Oh I know I'm just busting his balls, he's done a decent job so far this year, as should be noted by the LACK of threads, topics on his play. I hope he develops into a poor man's leetch or something of that sort, someone that can play a good offensive role from the defense but also be at least responsible on defensive side of things. I did see that hit on the ducks player, my mouth was wide open and i had to clear my eyes.
50 years from now, they'll still be writing songs about that hit.

Closed Thread