HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers: Sather is hoping to blow whistle on refs' non-calls

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 02:56 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Rangers: Sather is hoping to blow whistle on refs' non-calls

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...6970138920.xml

Old
10-30-2003, 03:42 AM
nervousranger

vCash:
Sather should postpone his whining for now and concentrate on the basics of hockey. We're already the laughing stock and we dont need to be the big babies on the block too. Shut up Glen and enough with the excuses. Leave that for Mario.

Old
10-30-2003, 03:53 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

that game the other night was there were some of the worst none calls againts the ducks. if your going to call penalites on the rangers you have to call the same penalites on the ducks. i think the rangers have a bad rep with the refs for 3 reasons. barnaby kovalev and kasper. three players that are known for diving.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:03 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
that game the other night was there were some of the worst none calls againts the ducks. if your going to call penalites on the rangers you have to call the same penalites on the ducks. i think the rangers have a bad rep with the refs for 3 reasons. barnaby kovalev and kasper. three players that are known for diving.
Dude, get over it. MAtty and Kasper have not dived in 2 years. Kovalev a know diver? Since when? Barnaby does draw penalties, but not by diving. I have no idea what noncalls on the RAngers you were talking about, but there were several inteference calls that were made. Nedved and Kovalev have been hauled down on a regular basis and nothing has been called.
The one sided officiating began when Messier ripped the refs a few years back and has not changed since.
Not to way that reffing has been the reason for our record so far. It hasn't. But one-sided calls have been the norm around here for a good long time.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:09 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Dude, get over it. MAtty and Kasper have not dived in 2 years. Kovalev a know diver? Since when? Barnaby does draw penalties, but not by diving. I have no idea what noncalls on the RAngers you were talking about, but there were several inteference calls that were made. Nedved and Kovalev have been hauled down on a regular basis and nothing has been called.
The one sided officiating began when Messier ripped the refs a few years back and has not changed since.
Not to way that reffing has been the reason for our record so far. It hasn't. But one-sided calls have been the norm around here for a good long time.
dude get over what. its funny if its been two years since "matty and kasper dove" when was the last time and game. you must know if its been two years. once you have a rep in the league as a diver thats it. kovalev is a known diver around the league. he has been since the first time he put the uniform on. im not blaming the refs for our lose. there were plenty of none calls in the last game alone let alone since the begining of the season.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:09 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Actually TB, Kovie had quite a rep for diving when he was a ranger the 1st time around but he seems to hav gotten rid of that stigma. I'm guessing that the Refs are just tired of Barnaby's antics but I don't see them as not calling penalties because of him. Kaspar hasn't been much of a diver that I've ever seen.

It's not just us that the refs aren't calling penalties for. It's rampant throughout the NHL.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:35 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

i guess true blue has no response

Old
10-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Yes, we know obstruction hasn't gone away and we know diving takes place. That's not the reason the Rangers lost. The Rangers need to find someone other than the refs to blame for their underachievment. Like themselves.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:57 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
i guess true blue has no response
To what? JC stated his opinon and it is certainly valid. What am I supposed to respond to?

"That's not the reason the Rangers lost. The Rangers need to find someone other than the refs to blame for their underachievment."

If there is something that we are all agreeing on,it is the fact that no one here is blaming the losses on the refs.

Old
10-30-2003, 09:00 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Yes, we know obstruction hasn't gone away and we know diving takes place. That's not the reason the Rangers lost. The Rangers need to find someone other than the refs to blame for their underachievment. Like themselves.
Well I'll certainly agree with the fact that you can't blame the rangers' loss on the Refs. And you should know that diving takes place with the likes of Forsberg on your team. I brought up the obstruction because frankly it's taken away from the entertainment value of the game. When the team I cheer for wins and i still come away from the game feeling it was boring to watch then something is wrong. I just want the flow to return to the game along with legal hard hitting.

Closed Thread