HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Hf top 100

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 06:54 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
HF's top 100

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1790038

pulled it from Fox not one damn Oiler in the top 25

edit:Thought this would generate more interest. anyone think someone should be higher or lower?

Old
10-28-2003, 06:17 AM
LawnDemon

i guess hemsky doesn't qualify? seems odd to me...

Old
10-28-2003, 06:26 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
i guess hemsky doesn't qualify? seems odd to me...
Hemsky doesn't qualify. That's why he's not on the top 20 list on the Oiler page either. He's played 41 games in one season already meaning he is no longer a prospect according to HF criteria.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:26 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Why is Spezza a prospect when he played 43 games last season?

10-28-2003, 06:28 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
Why is Spezza a prospect when he played 43 games last season?
He didn't, he played in 33 games. Playoffs don't count.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:35 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
He didn't, he played in 33 games. Playoffs don't count.
so has hockeysfuture come to some sort of agreement with Fox to do this now? or are they just using the name? or.......

Old
10-28-2003, 06:37 AM
O.T.

Finally Deslauriers is getting the recognition that he deserves!

He is our #1 prospect, and by the HF top 100 rankings he is that third best goaltending prospect in the NHL. Here's hoping he makes Canada at the WJC.

Way to go Deslauriers!

And I think the best propect on that list is the one they rank #33, Marion Hossa.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:42 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
so has hockeysfuture come to some sort of agreement with Fox to do this now? or are they just using the name? or.......
Yes there is an agreement. Shane, one of the big guys for HF, has done lots with FOX in the past. That's why there's a link to Fox Sports on the main page for HF.

No I don't know any details.

Old
10-28-2003, 08:13 AM
Slats432

Very interesting about Deslauriers.

The fact that HF has him rated above....

Bacashihua
Leclaire
Emery
Ward
Harding
Toivunen
Raycroft
Ahonen
(The other goalies I left out I figured he was ahead of them without question)

Is Deslauriers better than all these guys? If that is the case, then I am very excited about him.

Old
10-28-2003, 08:18 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Very interesting about Deslauriers.

The fact that HF has him rated above....

Bacashihua
Leclaire
Emery
Ward
Harding
Toivunen
Raycroft
Ahonen
(The other goalies I left out I figured he was ahead of them without question)

Is Deslauriers better than all these guys? If that is the case, then I am very excited about him.
IMO he has more potential. Emery MAYBE I would have a tough time putting over - I think they are fairly close in potential. JDD was probably the biggest steal in the second round in a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time!!!

Old
10-28-2003, 08:39 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
IMO he has more potential. Emery MAYBE I would have a tough time putting over - I think they are fairly close in potential. JDD was probably the biggest steal in the second round in a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time!!!
OK...I have seen JDD at Oilers camp and that is it. IMO he is a very good prospect who has even looked better than Tommy Salo at times in two Septembers.

I am going to pick a couple of guys that I have heard glowing reports and if you could give me an opinion as to why JDD is a better prospect I would love to hear it.(And no...this isn't an attack...this is just information gathering.)

Josh Harding was the WHL player of the year 2003. Why would you rank JDD higher?

Hannu Toivonen shone in camp for the Bruins.

Cam Ward top WHL goalie 2002.

Why is our guy getting this good press?

Old
10-28-2003, 09:00 AM
O.T.

Quote:
OK...I have seen JDD at Oilers camp and that is it. IMO he is a very good prospect who has even looked better than Tommy Salo at times in two Septembers.

I am going to pick a couple of guys that I have heard glowing reports and if you could give me an opinion as to why JDD is a better prospect I would love to hear it.(And no...this isn't an attack...this is just information gathering.)

Josh Harding was the WHL player of the year 2003. Why would you rank JDD higher?

Hannu Toivonen shone in camp for the Bruins.

Cam Ward top WHL goalie 2002.

Why is our guy getting this good press?
I personally think that Deslauriers is better than the goalies that you mentioned there. But one reason that I think he is above those goalies on that list is because he is ranked our #1 prospect.

The other goalies on that list are mainly ranked #3 prospect or lower on the team pages at HF. I do not agree with some of the rankings by each teams editor. For example Lenevue is Pheonix's last ranked prospect at #17 I believe, while Harding is Minnesota's #9. I think that if Lenevue was ranked in Phoenix's top 5 he would automaticaly be in the top 100, IMO he should be between 60-80 (instead he was'nt even ranked).

I have'nt seen much of the goalies that you are talking about but by judging Ward on his tryouts with the WJC, he has not looked as good as Deslauriers. Ward was one of the first round cuts for Canada last year if I remember correctly, and at this years summer camp, he was once again probably the worst goalie.

And as for Harding I think that the are pretty close right now, but IMO Deslauriers has a bigger upside.

And I cannot comment on Toivonen at all because I have not seen him play, or even heard anything on him, other than he had a good camp for the Bruins.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:36 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.T.
I personally think that Deslauriers is better than the goalies that you mentioned there. But one reason that I think he is above those goalies on that list is because he is ranked our #1 prospect.

The other goalies on that list are mainly ranked #3 prospect or lower on the team pages at HF. I do not agree with some of the rankings by each teams editor. For example Lenevue is Pheonix's last ranked prospect at #17 I believe, while Harding is Minnesota's #9. I think that if Lenevue was ranked in Phoenix's top 5 he would automaticaly be in the top 100, IMO he should be between 60-80 (instead he was'nt even ranked).

I have'nt seen much of the goalies that you are talking about but by judging Ward on his tryouts with the WJC, he has not looked as good as Deslauriers. Ward was one of the first round cuts for Canada last year if I remember correctly, and at this years summer camp, he was once again probably the worst goalie.

And as for Harding I think that the are pretty close right now, but IMO Deslauriers has a bigger upside.

And I cannot comment on Toivonen at all because I have not seen him play, or even heard anything on him, other than he had a good camp for the Bruins.
I think that you maybe hit the nail on the head. Leneveu not even being on the list.(which I missed...good catch ) gives me more speculation that it is suspect.

Old
10-28-2003, 02:05 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
I think that you maybe hit the nail on the head. Leneveu not even being on the list.(which I missed...good catch ) gives me more speculation that it is suspect.
David LeNeveu! Oh right, the guy the WJC took instead of JDD. What did he do again? That's right, he tanked it in his one game. Let in 3 soft goals, one from a terrible angle, side boards if I recall.

The politics of the WJC is the only thing keeping JDD off, not his play. LeNeveu (spelling?) was drafted by Phoenix, and the guy that was directly responsible for them picking him was on the selection committee for the WoJus last year. That's hockey canada. And I don't think me and Bob Stauffer are alone on an island on this one. With M-A Fleury surely not going this year I think it will be Ward and JDD as the tandem for the WJC 2004.

Old
10-28-2003, 04:01 PM
O.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
David LeNeveu! Oh right, the guy the WJC took instead of JDD. What did he do again? That's right, he tanked it in his one game. Let in 3 soft goals, one from a terrible angle, side boards if I recall.

The politics of the WJC is the only thing keeping JDD off, not his play. LeNeveu (spelling?) was drafted by Phoenix, and the guy that was directly responsible for them picking him was on the selection committee for the WoJus last year. That's hockey canada. And I don't think me and Bob Stauffer are alone on an island on this one. With M-A Fleury surely not going this year I think it will be Ward and JDD as the tandem for the WJC 2004.
I was very disapointed when Canada kept Lenevue instead of Deslauriers, I think they kept him because he was a year older and they both preformed well at the camp, so they decided to keep the older one.

I was too say the least very upset when they anounced that they cut JDD. Although the game Lenevue played in proved my point that Deslauriers should have been there, he is still IMO a top 100 prospect, probably no less that a top 70 prospect.

As for predictions I say Canada goes with Deslauriers and Harding.

Old
10-28-2003, 04:54 PM
FacelessButcher

Anyone think Stoll should be on the list? I know he would be very borderline in the top 100 but I thought he might sneak in its hard to find talented two-way players like him. Thought about Mihknov too but probably doesn't get enough p.r. over here. Who here would trade Mihknov for Ramzi Abid(82)?

Old
10-28-2003, 06:20 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Anyone think Stoll should be on the list? I know he would be very borderline in the top 100 but I thought he might sneak in its hard to find talented two-way players like him. Thought about Mihknov too but probably doesn't get enough p.r. over here. Who here would trade Mihknov for Ramzi Abid(82)?
If this is a rhetorical question then.... not a chance. Funny how Rita went from 14th all the way down to 75...yikes. I still think he should atleast in the upper 30s-40s. Getzlaf at 22? He's going to play in the NHL but no way is he better Pouliet IMHO.

GXL

Old
10-28-2003, 06:25 PM
VayaConDios

Isn't it great how Parise is ranked 29th and Pouliot is ranked 55th?

Old
10-29-2003, 07:02 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalieDude
Isn't it great how Parise is ranked 29th and Pouliot is ranked 55th?
I may whine about the Pouliot over Parise pick for at least the next ten years. M-A Pouliot....PROVE ME WRONG!!!!

IMO that rank is accurate.

Closed Thread