HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Comparison ( New to the Boards!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Wow 3 consecutive Habs fan without the "D25/Potatoes" Avatar...

Old
03-31-2006, 11:25 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan
Wow 3 consecutive Habs fan without the "D25/Potatoes" Avatar...
Potatoes contain 0% Beer.
I'm about to ask for the d25 add on!

Old
04-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold_Snepps_Rocks
Hey Guys,

Love reading the boards and finally decided to sign up a few days ago. Just wanted to give my two cents on certain things.

First I know that there is already a Chris Higgins thread going but I wanted to sort of steer the comparisons in another direction. I`m surprised that nobody has mentionned this yet but Chris really reminds me of a poor man`s Simon Gagne. Both guys are about the same size, both very good at both ends of the ice, they`ve both have got speed to burn and have great shots. To me, when I watch him play...I just think of Gagne right away. Chris might even be able to hit 35-40 goals in his peak year playing on an offensive line...I mean the guy is the real deal and probably already the most complete played on the team. His transformation and maturity over the course of the year in front of our eyes is truly amazing.

We`ll have a great player for many years who will one day captain this team. I know , I know....I don`t want to get ahead of myself...but hopefully Chris keeps progressing. Even if he stays like this..a 15-20 goal scoring two-way winger is extrememly valuable. Anyways..Bruins are Next!!

Frank
Well, I like to compare Chris Higgins to Ryan Kesler. They have an identical game except that Higgins has softer hands

Old
04-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73
yeah i do realize all that. Blowing by the D while kicking the puck around is quickness/acceleration/puck control.
Now notice that Higgins gains full control at the puck when he crosses the red line (no more footwork with the puck).
Notice also that both Higgins and Goc cross the Red line almost at the same time. However, Goc first half-pivots, then skates sideways a bit and still Higgins barely manages to seperate from him until Goc falls to the ice.

I remember a few years ago when everybody was going nuts about how Martin St-Louis was so amazingly fast... and then he looked pretty bad at the All-Star skills competition on the full lap sprint.

St-Louis is QUICK, but not particularly FAST. Just like Higgins.

Do you really think Higgins would skate the full lap as fast as Gagné?
Are you nother NewHabsArea? Because you don't seem to understand much about hockey players...I understand your point and there's a little part of it that is true, but Higgins is still a pretty fast player. He's quick, and fast!

I don't know where he would be ranked in the team but he would be close from the top, in front of Ryder for sure. top 5 IMO...

So you will probably not agree until you see a team contest...

Old
04-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Habsaku

Why are people replying and frustrating themselves with gohabs73's ridiculous claim. Let him be a blind man looking for his pretzel under the couch.

Old
04-01-2006, 11:18 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Higgins has indeed good wheels.I like his acceleration...

I'd say Higgins is a Rolston type of player. He can score 20 to 30 goals a year while being effective on the pk and all...

Welcome aboard!

Old
04-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Teufelsdreck

There are a number of April 1 posts mixed in here that should be ignored.

Old
04-01-2006, 12:27 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Higgins has indeed good wheels.I like his acceleration...

I'd say Higgins is a Rolston type of player. He can score 20 to 30 goals a year while being effective on the pk and all...

Welcome aboard!
Thanks, I appreciate it!!

Old
04-01-2006, 02:30 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Actualy...i wasnt discussing the Gagné vs Higgins comparison. You basicaly flattend everyone here by your Ribs = Ryder = Higgins comment. Ryder and Ribs arent fast.
And to answer your question. I dont think Higgins would win a race with Gagné. But he's much closer to Gagné then he is to Ryder or Ribs. No doubt in my mind.

I'm gonna add my 2 cents here...

I agree with you, znk, about your Higgins-Gagne comparason. I also agree with the Ribs and Ryder being slower...I think theres only one person on this board who would think so

The only part I disagree with is the Ribs=Ryder in terms of speed. I think Ryder has some decent speed; he's used it nicely on a couple occasions. Now mind you Ryder moves fairly well without the puck...with the puck, its a whole other story.

Old
04-01-2006, 02:55 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
I'm gonna add my 2 cents here...

I agree with you, znk, about your Higgins-Gagne comparason. I also agree with the Ribs and Ryder being slower...I think theres only one person on this board who would think so

The only part I disagree with is the Ribs=Ryder in terms of speed. I think Ryder has some decent speed; he's used it nicely on a couple occasions. Now mind you Ryder moves fairly well without the puck...with the puck, its a whole other story.
I agree with you that Ryder is faster then Ribeiro. Ryder actually has decent speed but he just looks so ugly doing it. It looks like hes skating in sand but he actually moves pretty fast when hes doing it and can actually beat defenders to the outside once in a while. Ribeiro looks equally awful skating but he has no power behind his strides, so he really does go very slow.

Closed Thread