HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I have to get this out.

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I have to get this out.

Such positive stuff coming out this season for the Habs, it's been a decade since we've experienced this.

Higgins is about to get 20 goals in his first NHL season and he's one of the most complete player I've ever seen in an Habs jersey for years, he's excellent in the two zones. Seriously, he's my favorite player right now, I enjoy watching him play so much in both zones and around the boards.

Markov is becoming a top 10 defenceman in this league, he has 41 points in 58 games while being +10

Komisarek is blossoming

We signed the right Kovalev

Plekanec also did very well in his first season and is becoming a complete centerman

Perezhogin is showing flashes of brilliance even though he hasn't adapted quite yet to the NHL speed

The Huet and Bonk trade, oh boy, where the **** would we be right now without Huet? And Bonk is really coming into his own since he's playing with Begin, I think Begin is rubbing it in on him.

And the future is also looking very bright with Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Price, Latendresse, Emelin (Emelin and Markov anyone?), Sergei Kostistyn (though I'm not sold on him yet, I want to see him do well without his buddies Schremp and co).

Go Habs Go!

Old
03-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
03/04 was just as great , Ribeiro and Ryder leading the way .

Old
03-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Malakhov

Higgins, Chipchura, Ryder, Latendresse, Kovalev, Begin, Bonk...

I don't think we will be called the smurfs in a few seasons

Old
03-31-2006, 05:18 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Such positive stuff coming out this season for the Habs, it's been a decade since we've experienced this.

Higgins is about to get 20 goals in his first NHL season and he's one of the most complete player I've ever seen in an Habs jersey for years, he's excellent in the two zones. Seriously, he's my favorite player right now, I enjoy watching him play so much in both zones and around the boards.

Markov is becoming a top 10 defenceman in this league, he has 41 points in 58 games while being +10

Komisarek is blossoming

We signed the right Kovalev

Plekanec also did very well in his first season and is becoming a complete centerman

Perezhogin is showing flashes of brilliance even though he hasn't adapted quite yet to the NHL speed

The Huet and Bonk trade, oh boy, where the **** would we be right now without Huet? And Bonk is really coming into his own since he's playing with Begin, I think Begin is rubbing it in on him.

And the future is also looking very bright with Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Price, Latendresse, Emelin (Emelin and Markov anyone?), Sergei Kostistyn (though I'm not sold on him yet, I want to see him do well without his buddies Schremp and co).

Go Habs Go!
that was an orgasmic post.

Old
03-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Malakhov, im very proud of you!

Coming out of the closet is something a lot of people are scared of for fear of being judged by others, good for you!

Old
03-31-2006, 05:21 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Steadily improving since Savard took over. This year is the first time we get to see the Savard picks come into their own, lots more prospects waiting too.
We will need patience but the future not only looks promising but judging from this year should deliver on those promises.

Old
03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Would it not be great to Sergi turned into our Pavel Datsyuk

Old
03-31-2006, 05:55 PM
ToNedOuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
that was an orgasmic post.
Your telling me....

Quote:

Old
03-31-2006, 06:03 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
03/04 was just as great , Ribeiro and Ryder leading the way .
As much as I enjoyed the 03/04 season, it really had nowhere near the same feeling with Ribeiro and Ryder. When I saw them lead the team in points, I figured they had achieved their max potential and/or overachieved. With Higgins, I see a much higher ceiling and the team really is gelling like I haven't seen in years. Then again, there's been a few parts of the season where I just couldn't bear to watch them so hard to say where we'll be come playoff time or next year. Still, Higgins definately keeps me interested although Markov is definately my favorite player for the past 3 years.

Old
03-31-2006, 06:04 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

don't forget about O'byrne... Montreal says he's looking good and might develop very nicely for us
and Lapierre will be our pest sooner than later
and the cap room we freed up by getting rid of Theo
the future does look mighty bright....

Old
03-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR
Would it not be great to Sergi turned into our Pavel Datsyuk
don't get carried too far ...

Old
03-31-2006, 06:06 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
don't get carried too far ...
hey it's possible.. theres always that guy that is just a diamond in the rough... look at markov, didn't we draft him in the 6th or 7th??

Old
03-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD
hey it's possible.. theres always that guy that is just a diamond in the rough... look at markov, didn't we draft him in the 6th or 7th??
nothing is unpossible ... so maybe dagenais would learn to skate and come on a tear and help us win the stanley cup and win the conn smyth trophy ! !
I'll reserve my judgement on kost.jr future when he'll hit the AHL or the NHL.
And certainly don't try to compare him with Datsyuk

Old
03-31-2006, 06:15 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
nothing is unpossible ... so maybe dagenais would learn to skate and come on a tear and help us win the stanley cup and win the conn smyth trophy ! !
I'll reserve my judgement on kost.jr future when he'll hit the AHL or the NHL.
And certainly don't try to compare him with Datsyuk
whoa buddy...theres is no way in hell I'm comparing Sergei to Datsyuk... all I'm doing is playing devil's advocate in supporting what the other poster said about "wouldn't it be nice if he turned out to be". Heck it would be more than nice. It would be a miracle. You don't believe in miracles Kryoptix??

Old
03-31-2006, 06:18 PM
RC51

Don't forget, Mathieu Aubin

Old
03-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Habsfan18

Habs future and present looks great!

Old
03-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51
Don't forget, Mathieu Aubin
Or Grabovski for that matter... Something tells me he's going to turn heads when (or if) he comes over.

Old
03-31-2006, 07:24 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz
Or Grabovski for that matter... Something tells me he's going to turn heads when (or if) he comes over.
Hey, awesome avatar...

Old
03-31-2006, 07:48 PM
oli500

If we can get a diferent rookie to contribute like higgins did this year every year we should be in good shape for many years to come. Im looking foward to seing kositsyn next year. My guess is that hes going to be the next rookie to step in take up a spot on the roster. I just hope ribeiro wont be with us by then. I dont know if anyone notice but everytime we put a rookie with ribeiro it seem like it slowed down his development but when we put the rookies with koivu it seemed to take that rookie game up another level. perezhogin at the begining of the year and know higgins, wich is why this team needs a true number two center a la arnott who can help those rookies develope. I would love to grab a center and have kositsyn and perezhogin on his other side. that line could be dynomite.

Kositsyn,latendresse,chipchura, are future looks bright.

I got a question, could kovalev play center ?? reasoning is that hes a great playmaker and hes a terific passer, Perezhogin- Kovalev-kositsyn could have the potential to become a dominant line and kovalev would the perfect mentor for those two. I still dont understand why perezhogin is not playing with kovalev like koivu is playing with higgins, it just makes since to put these younger players with the older vets. I mean zednik is not doing much on that line as it is so why not let perezhogin develope on a offensive role. If I were gainey I would go with duos such as Higgins-koivu 1 perezhogin-kovalev2 plekanec-zednik 3 and then add the extra player accordingly to theire styles.

Another thing we should consider is yashin. Theres been alot of talk that the islenders would by him out, if thats the case his stock has falling, why not give him a shot at 2 mill a season, could end up being a bargain. All take a 70 to 80 point season as a second liner from him any day of the week. A perezhogin could find him self right at home with a guy like yashin centering him.

Old
03-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

Quote:
Sergei Kostistyn (though I'm not sold on him yet, I want to see him do well without his buddies Schremp and co).

Go Habs Go!
He played without schremph for the first part oif the season didn't he?

Old
04-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_Scotia_Vees
He played without schremph for the first part oif the season didn't he?
He's getting most of his points from assists from guys like Schremp and Bolland, often on pps as well.

Old
04-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Clumsyhab

I'll be disappointed if we don't win the cup before our 100 years anniversary.

Old
04-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

and yet, if we lose the next game, I think people will change their minds on this team in a heartbeat.

I generally do agree with the vibe to this thread. The habs future looks pretty bright and I trust Gainey will find some more "Morrow" kind of players that this team can use. If there's one thing Gainey can recognize, its grit, leadership, and character. His dallas team was full of them and now we are starting to see it in Montreal too.

I just stress for people not to get too high with the highs and too low with the lows. Lets keep the big picture in mind and keep in mind that this team is in great hands and is clearly going in the right direction.

Old
04-01-2006, 03:25 AM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
and yet, if we lose the next game, I think people will change their minds on this team in a heartbeat.

I generally do agree with the vibe to this thread. The habs future looks pretty bright and I trust Gainey will find some more "Morrow" kind of players that this team can use. If there's one thing Gainey can recognize, its grit, leadership, and character. His dallas team was full of them and now we are starting to see it in Montreal too.

I just stress for people not to get too high with the highs and too low with the lows. Lets keep the big picture in mind and keep in mind that this team is in great hands and is clearly going in the right direction.
(Laughing) Yeah, a win and everyone see's the glass as half full, but a loss and everyone see's the glass as half empty (with a gaping hole in the bottom). Such is the existence of the typical Habs fan; the ebb and flow of their emotional life is determined, quite siginificantly, by the success (or lack there of) of the Habs. Oh well, there are worse ways that one could spend their time, uuhhh right?

Go Habs Go!

Old
04-01-2006, 12:29 PM
mikeg

This is something a lot of us on the boards (all of'em!) have been saying for a few years now.

I've always been "optimistic", it's nice to finally see some of that faith paying off now.

We all knew when Savard took over that we were headed in the right direction, in fact I'm still a little torn over whether or not he should have been demoted. His strength was building a team through it's own system, and not signing free agents or making trades. We all knew that.

So let's give credit where it's due. This team is really Savard's baby, being coached by the right people.

The next few years should be interesting indeed, I'm almost sold on the chemistry, but I still think we might see a prospect or two dumped for someone more established/draft pick.

Mike

Closed Thread