HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Markov : Would you marry me thread?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2017, 06:15 PM
  #101
scrubadam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
No NO NO, seriously. You have defended our manager even while saying he isn't great. He is terrible. Prices terrible contract is the tip of the ice burg. You don't trade our future for Drouin unless you resign Markov and Radulov and try to even upgrade at center. Win now or don't kind of move.

I liked the move when it was announced with the caveat that the next two weeks we did some good moves. Instead we have a manager going in public like an ass and saying stuff that doesn't fly in private let alone in public. Horrible people skills all around.

Resigning Sylvain...really? That alone is enough to sink this ship going forward, not that it matters because he traded away our best asset for something we didn't need....unless you look at it cynically. Its a cover for the local media, getting one of their own. Makes me sick to think this is why it was done, but it has all the hallmarks of "darkest day in habs history!" newspaper headline. We HAD to add to what we had last year. Most of those moves are more D orientated when we needed a lot more O.

I am not looking forward to this season, even if he oversheets it will cost us our future, but at least its something. What happens if he picks up a few 3 million dollar bottom 6 guys before the season starts...uggh

YOU KNOW that if you thought we were hard on MB last season, we will be looking at every single mistake that Alzner and Schlemko make. Its inevitable. No we don't intend on doing it, but say Nate looks good on Buf, gets his confidence back(thanks MB for keeping on MT too long to ruin so many young players) and puts up 35 points and looks OK defensively. You KNOW we will be in here ripping on him. And if he crashes and burns it will be other doing the same to us. I swear MB is on this board and making moves to troll posters.

IMO Its really crazy some of the moves made. Nate, Markov, Radulov and SL pretty much destroy any positive moves he could have or will make. He is flying by the seat of his pants and its more obvious every time he makes a move. NO PLAN at all.
and all of that is fine and your prerogative just like I have my choice to agree with some of MB's moves or disagree with them.

And FYI resigning Sly is another move I don't agree with as well.

Losing Markov+Radu with no replacements will also be another move I won't like from MB. Drouin was a nice back up plan to Radu but either Markov needs to come back or MB needs to use the cap space on something (and Streit would not count).

I am just not going to hate on MB because our 2 UFA's over valued themselves and are deciding to take their services elsewhere. For Markov he has 1 year left maybe 2. Come back for 4.5 he already made a ton of money and it leaves the team room to sign another player. Or he can continue to ask for 6 Mill leaving the team with nearly nothing and handcuffing them next year.

Radu his demands were out to lunch. I know we can't really compare RFA to UFA but AG took 4.9, Drouin 5.5, Palat 5x5.3 Jonson 7x5. I bet in 2 years all of these players will have better years than Radu and in 3 years for sure. At 6.25 Radu is already overpaid and he turned that contract down.

The day MB is fired I won't shed a tear and will support the new guy because the new guy will be the GM of my team the Montreal Canadians. The habs are a collection of BOTH the players and the members of Hockey operations. It isn't Management vs Players, they are both on the same team until one or the other is removed.

scrubadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 06:39 PM
  #102
Belial
Registered User
 
Belial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,608
vCash: 50
Apparently, Markov didn't even have a honeymoon, he's back in Florida...

Quote:
"There was no honeymoon. There's no time for that...once he's done playing." said Sergei Berezin, the former NHLer who is one of Markov's closest friends, an adviser and his off-season trainer. "He took three or four days off to get married, came back and boom! Back to work. That's the kind of person he is."

Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 06:42 PM
  #103
scrubadam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
Apparently, Markov didn't even have a honeymoon, he's back in Florida...
Back to work doing what? Right now he doesn't have a job. Why is he taking so long to chose a team. Fine he doesn't want to be a hab or MB isn't giving him enough money or respect. Chose another team. Dont get why another team won't sign him either he is still a good D.

scrubadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 06:52 PM
  #104
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,760
vCash: 500
We have $23 million tied up in Defense Cap money. It would be idiotic to add $6 million more to that total.

The Markov ship has sailed away, I think....and hope.

The Habs need help at forward.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 06:56 PM
  #105
Belial
Registered User
 
Belial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,608
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
Back to work doing what? Right now he doesn't have a job. Why is he taking so long to chose a team. Fine he doesn't want to be a hab or MB isn't giving him enough money or respect. Chose another team. Dont get why another team won't sign him either he is still a good D.
Maybe because he's really pushing for 2 years and won't sign a one year deal?

Berezin thinks Markov has 6 more years in him!

Quote:
When asked if he's surprised Markov hasn't signed a new contract yet, Berezin said: "No ... there are a few different scenarios. I wish it was done by now. ... He's working on it ... he's representing himself and that's quite an experience. I wish him well and I'm sure everything's going to be all right. I know he has a few options.
Here's the whole Stu Cowen article:

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/ho...n-to-canadiens

Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 07:05 PM
  #106
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
Apparently, Markov didn't even have a honeymoon, he's back in Florida...
Well then. Guess he's just being patient.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 07:11 PM
  #107
1stLineCenter
Registered User
 
1stLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
First off I hate that being pro management is some how seen as a negative. Last I checked the mangers are part of the team as well. So I am not pro management I am pro habs.

2nd off I am against the Price contract. Don't like it at all and think it was a bad move by MB.

and 3rd in regards to Markov like I said I don't want to blame him and understand his POV but as a fan I want him back and I want him to take one for the team to give it more flexibility going forward. Markov at 6 leaves nothing left to sign any other players this year. and then for a 2nd year at 6 leaves nothing left for next year either.

As a fan if you had a choice of watching Markov + Jagr next year, or just Markov because he took a bigger salary which do you chose?
Have you ever voiced that to him in meetings? Jagr? Are you serious? he is 45 years old, Markov all day long and while you're at it, ask Mr Weber which one he prefers? What D on this team is going to do what Markov does? Jeff I have 3 good games and disappear for 2 weeks Petry?

1stLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 07:14 PM
  #108
1stLineCenter
Registered User
 
1stLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorius View Post
I am watching hockey since the mid-sixties. Gimme a break !

Not comparing Markov and Alzner's talent. Alzner was hired to replace Emelin or Beaulieu. It was an easier decision to sign that guy who is just 28 (and needed on the second pairing) than re-hiring a 38 old man who wants 12 million over two seasons.

And who's telling you that Markov really wants to re-sign with the Habs ? Maybe, he doesn't want at all ???


He is close to 1000 games in a habs jersey, does that mean nothing?

1stLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 07:47 PM
  #109
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan
 
Habaholicgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,337
vCash: 500
Very strange Markov has no deal yet (with or without the Habs). Something's brewing and it's quiet. Tells me there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

Habaholicgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:20 PM
  #110
deandebean
Registered User
 
deandebean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau
Country: uriname
Posts: 15,423
vCash: 500
What's with this Florida thing in the freaking summer heat!?! I mean, I know we don't have the greatest summer in the world, but man, Florida in July is just unbearable.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:22 PM
  #111
Brainiac
Registered User
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLineCenter View Post
[/B]

He is close to 1000 games in a habs jersey, does that mean nothing?
Maybe he thinks in base 5?

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:28 PM
  #112
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan
 
Habaholicgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
What's with this Florida thing in the freaking summer heat!?! I mean, I know we don't have the greatest summer in the world, but man, Florida in July is just unbearable.
To a snowman yes?

Habaholicgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:30 PM
  #113
KawaYui
Registered User
 
KawaYui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
If Markov resigns with us, we could have 2 players in our team reach the 1000 games milestone next season (Markov and Plekanec).

We hadn't had one in 30 years

KawaYui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:34 PM
  #114
1stLineCenter
Registered User
 
1stLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Maybe he thinks in base 5?
I am old and don't understand the reference.

1stLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:37 PM
  #115
scrubadam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLineCenter View Post
Have you ever voiced that to him in meetings? Jagr? Are you serious? he is 45 years old, Markov all day long and while you're at it, ask Mr Weber which one he prefers? What D on this team is going to do what Markov does? Jeff I have 3 good games and disappear for 2 weeks Petry?
MB tells me things in meetings not the other way around

Jagr was an example. any 3-4 Million dollar forward.

I want Markov back. I would even pay him 6 Mill for 1 year. But thats it. And 12 Mill for 2 years? What if Markov decides he had enough after this year? Even with Pleks off the books it doesn't leave much room once Price's contract kicks in.

scrubadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:38 PM
  #116
Brainiac
Registered User
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLineCenter View Post
I am old and don't understand the reference.
Don't worry, it's just a geek thing.

Base 5 is just using the number 5 as a reference for everything instead of 10 (our good old decimal system).

5
25
625
3125

In base 5, Markov has absolutely no interest in coming back.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:39 PM
  #117
scrubadam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
Maybe because he's really pushing for 2 years and won't sign a one year deal?

Berezin thinks Markov has 6 more years in him!



Here's the whole Stu Cowen article:

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/ho...n-to-canadiens
He should just sign the 1 year deal and go on a handshake agreement with Molson to become habs "russian scout" when he retires.

scrubadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:50 PM
  #118
1stLineCenter
Registered User
 
1stLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Don't worry, it's just a geek thing.

Base 5 is just using the number 5 as a reference for everything instead of 10 (our good old decimal system).

5
25
625
3125

In base 5, Markov has absolutely no interest in coming back.
Cool, I never heard that before but as I said I am old. Markov wants to be here but i fear that our GM wants to be free of Russia.

1stLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:58 PM
  #119
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan
 
Habaholicgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLineCenter View Post
Cool, I never heard that before but as I said I am old. Markov wants to be here but i fear that our GM wants to be free of Russia.
I don't believe our GM wants to be free of Russia. Your talking about circumstances that fit your narrative... could be true but I doubt it

Habaholicgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 11:07 PM
  #120
Mick11
Registered User
 
Mick11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Great North
Country: Niue
Posts: 1,234
vCash: 500
1. Sign the man to a 1 year 8 millions deal, like SJ did to Thornton.

2.Get an handshake agreement for the second year at a small cap hit.

3.????

4. Profit

Mick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 11:55 PM
  #121
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
Back to work doing what?
Training.

There is no off-season anymore. Especially if you want to play deep into your 30's.

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 06:46 AM
  #122
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 21,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
and all of that is fine and your prerogative just like I have my choice to agree with some of MB's moves or disagree with them.

And FYI resigning Sly is another move I don't agree with as well.

Losing Markov+Radu with no replacements will also be another move I won't like from MB. Drouin was a nice back up plan to Radu but either Markov needs to come back or MB needs to use the cap space on something (and Streit would not count).

I am just not going to hate on MB because our 2 UFA's over valued themselves and are deciding to take their services elsewhere. For Markov he has 1 year left maybe 2. Come back for 4.5 he already made a ton of money and it leaves the team room to sign another player. Or he can continue to ask for 6 Mill leaving the team with nearly nothing and handcuffing them next year.

Radu his demands were out to lunch. I know we can't really compare RFA to UFA but AG took 4.9, Drouin 5.5, Palat 5x5.3 Jonson 7x5. I bet in 2 years all of these players will have better years than Radu and in 3 years for sure. At 6.25 Radu is already overpaid and he turned that contract down.

The day MB is fired I won't shed a tear and will support the new guy because the new guy will be the GM of my team the Montreal Canadians. The habs are a collection of BOTH the players and the members of Hockey operations. It isn't Management vs Players, they are both on the same team until one or the other is removed.
It is, to management fans, you can stop pretending.

Whenever there's something going on between management and players, some of ou guys ALWAYS side with management.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 07:50 AM
  #123
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!
 
Whalers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Plymouth, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Don't worry, it's just a geek thing.

Base 5 is just using the number 5 as a reference for everything instead of 10 (our good old decimal system).

5
25
625
3125

In base 5, Markov has absolutely no interest in coming back.
The number 625 does not exist in a base 5 system. Only digits 0 thru 5 are valid representations.

Sorry for the digression. Please continue the Bergy bashing.

Whalers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 08:00 AM
  #124
MrNasty
Registered User
 
MrNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
It is, to management fans, you can stop pretending.

Whenever there's something going on between management and players, some of you guys ALWAYS side with management.
Generally speaking fans side with players. It is why pretty much all the threads are started by people that hate management or the scouting department, or the coaching staff. It is rarely the players fault he didn't do X.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 08:23 AM
  #125
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
We have $23 million tied up in Defense Cap money. It would be idiotic to add $6 million more to that total.

The Markov ship has sailed away, I think....and hope.

The Habs need help at forward.
theres zero forwards available that will put up as many points as markov does from defense. everyone good has already moved and we have no assets other teams desire to make a trade.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.