HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out Of Town Thread - The Grass is Greener

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2017, 11:50 AM
  #51
DramaticGloveSave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei79 View Post
Same here, easily. The thing is, had MB signed Radulov, he'd have had the flexibility to trade one of his wingers (along with Plekanec for salary purposes).
There definitely wouldn't be the money to have Radulov and Giroux.

Besides I think Philly is more interested in youngsters knocking on the door.

Plekanec, Juulsun, and Scherbak for Giroux.

DramaticGloveSave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 11:51 AM
  #52
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Reason it pisses them off is because they can't stand having him as one of the faces of the league.
Just like our management.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 01:20 PM
  #53
E82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yea the 4 second tongue wagging drool look by Subban. (was that mouth wash or champagne in PKs hand?) ( ;

Best NHL player announced - Crosby.

accurate depictions for sure
ok lol

E82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 01:22 PM
  #54
E82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
lol the comments under that tweet are Gold. "Incoming salt tears from the Mike Milbury's"

E82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 01:25 PM
  #55
Adriatic
Registered User
 
Adriatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yea the 4 second tongue wagging drool look by Subban. (was that mouth wash or champagne in PKs hand?) ( ;

Best NHL player announced - Crosby.

accurate depictions for sure
That was cringeworthy

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 05:06 PM
  #56
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 28,647
vCash: 500
That act was set up and of bad taste, IMO. I guess it's what ESPN is looking for though.

The other dude is former pro Chris O'Sullivan

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 09:27 PM
  #57
Runner77
******************
 
Runner77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19,311
vCash: 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Does anyone know who the guy next to Federer is in this picture: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWIgTQ6A...bbanator&hl=en

Whenever I see pictures/videos of PK at different events, that guys almost always seems to be there. Who is he?
It's Chris O'Sullivan:

Quote:
Retired Pro Hockey Player-NHL (Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks, Anaheim Ducks) Pro Scout New York Islanders Owner of Mark Bavis Arena and Canton Sportsplex
You'll find the pic on his twitter account and it matches his twitter profile pic: https://twitter.com/cosullivan3

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 09:46 PM
  #58
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
BE HUMBLE
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country:
Posts: 71,987
vCash: 656
Friedman's 30 thoughts seems to indicate that executives in the league believe offer sheets are coming due to the lack of impact players that hit free agency.

__________________
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 06:55 AM
  #59
Bergevillain
Registered User
 
Bergevillain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
Friedman's 30 thoughts seems to indicate that executives in the league believe offer sheets are coming due to the lack of impact players that hit free agency.
Good! (Until we lose someone exciting)

Bergevillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 09:47 AM
  #60
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,878
vCash: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
Friedman's 30 thoughts seems to indicate that executives in the league believe offer sheets are coming due to the lack of impact players that hit free agency.
Well when was the last time a major player hit free agency? I'm thinking Parise and Suter back in 2012.

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:54 AM
  #61
japhi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Well when was the last time a major player hit free agency? I'm thinking Parise and Suter back in 2012.
Its becoming a no movement league similar to the NFL. Bergevin got slammed for it but the number of big signings and trades each year is laughable.

japhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 11:00 AM
  #62
scrubadam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 7,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by japhi View Post
Its becoming a no movement league similar to the NFL. Bergevin got slammed for it but the number of big signings and trades each year is laughable.
OTOH we saw Drouin/Schenn/Stepan/Eberle all traded this summer.

Peaks and Valleys. Last years UFA crop was pretty strong (or at least star studded) this year its a lot weaker.

Once teams start paying their young stars 8/9/10 etc we will see more guys hit UFA as they won't be able to afford them all.

Leafs will have one of Reilly/Marner/Matthews/Nylander hit UFA or be traded just due to how much salary these 4 will eventually need to take up.

scrubadam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 11:35 AM
  #63
RealityBytes
Trash Remover
 
RealityBytes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: British Antarctic Territory
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
OTOH we saw Drouin/Schenn/Stepan/Eberle all traded this summer.

Peaks and Valleys. Last years UFA crop was pretty strong (or at least star studded) this year its a lot weaker.

Once teams start paying their young stars 8/9/10 etc we will see more guys hit UFA as they won't be able to afford them all.

Leafs will have one of Reilly/Marner/Matthews/Nylander hit UFA or be traded just due to how much salary these 4 will eventually need to take up.
Keep in mind Drouin was only traded because of the Vegas draft protection limit for TB otherwise Yzerman would have kept him.

Lamoriello also seems to think and say different. He has Reilly signed for five more years already and Marner and Matthews have two more years and only then their first non arbitrated RFA. Nylander for one year and then first RFA. They'll be moving JVR and Bozak to free up some cap for those guys. They have a lot of new upcoming top quality replacements to slot in there. In four more years it will be tougher for them but that is still four more years away.

Top four with big salaries and fill 'em up with ELCs, you'll see a lot more teams building like that.

RealityBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 12:07 PM
  #64
Ozymandias
#firebergevin
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by japhi View Post
Its becoming a no movement league similar to the NFL. Bergevin got slammed for it but the number of big signings and trades each year is laughable.
And that's why it's paramount to retain assets instead of losing them to the market.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 12:10 PM
  #65
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 16,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
And that's why it's paramount to retain assets instead of losing them to the market.
Is Radulov the best forward lost to free agency since 2012?

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 12:14 PM
  #66
Ozymandias
#firebergevin
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Is Radulov the best forward lost to free agency since 2012?
Close to it probably.

Maybe Shatt? Gaborik?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 12:15 PM
  #67
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 16,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Close to it probably.

Maybe Shatt?
Who? Shattenkirk? I said forward :-)

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 12:35 PM
  #68
scrubadam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 7,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityBytes View Post
Keep in mind Drouin was only traded because of the Vegas draft protection limit for TB otherwise Yzerman would have kept him.
There was circumstances, but otoh we did see movement and trades this summer. Was it all due to expansion, we will have to see next summer I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityBytes View Post
Lamoriello also seems to think and say different. He has Reilly signed for five more years already and Marner and Matthews have two more years and only then their first non arbitrated RFA. Nylander for one year and then first RFA. They'll be moving JVR and Bozak to free up some cap for those guys. They have a lot of new upcoming top quality replacements to slot in there. In four more years it will be tougher for them but that is still four more years away.

Top four with big salaries and fill 'em up with ELCs, you'll see a lot more teams building like that.
We will see how it plays out. I just think going forward teams will have to invest bigger salaries in their young guns and their won't be enough money to go around. So players will start to slip through. EDM will get their too with Drai+McD. Someone will emerge their playing with those 2 and eventually will be let go.

We are in this weired place now where teams are still benefitting from back diving contracts and low AAV's because the cap jumped a lot over the past 10 years or so. It went from 39 Million to 75 Million. It jumped close to 25 Million from 07/08. A guy like Malkin or Crosby are a good example. 8.7 for them back then was a hug % of the cap, but today its a steal. Lots of players still on those types of AAV that were a lot higher back then but with a 20 Million increase in cap its lower.

scrubadam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:55 PM
  #69
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,616
vCash: 500
7th round draft pick (208th overall) in 2011. He played two seasons in Drummondville. The Habs drafted American high school defenseman Colin Sullivan (198th overall) with their 7th round draft pick that year.


SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:58 PM
  #70
Victorius
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
7th round draft pick (208th overall) in 2011. He played two seasons in Drummondville. The Habs drafted American high school defenseman Colin Sullivan (198th overall) with their 7th round draft pick that year.

Usual story...

Victorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 04:17 PM
  #71
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 28,647
vCash: 500
Habs sleeping on the Q and when they don't they usually trade them or lose them on waivers (Ghetto)

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:27 PM
  #72
Chili
Registered User
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: la Belle Province
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,136
vCash: 500
Last week Kevin Klein retires from the NHL, walking away from a $2.75mil contract.

This week he signs with the Swiss league?

Vat?

Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:51 PM
  #73
ffh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
Last week Kevin Klein retires from the NHL, walking away from a $2.75mil contract.

This week he signs with the Swiss league?

Vat?
Olympics

ffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 09:37 PM
  #74
japhi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
7th round draft pick (208th overall) in 2011. He played two seasons in Drummondville. The Habs drafted American high school defenseman Colin Sullivan (198th overall) with their 7th round draft pick that year.

Good news is we have 4 wingers as good or better then Palat. For all the moaning about our talent this guy plays behind Max and would battle for second best lw with AG.

japhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 09:47 PM
  #75
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 16,147
vCash: 500
Who gets to play in the 2018 Olympics?

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.