Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seat Upgrades - have you? would you? Summer conversation

Old
07-12-2017, 12:04 PM
jimsabo21

vCash: 500
Seat Upgrades - have you? would you? Summer conversation

Just wondering how many people have been offered to upgrade (or perhaps downgrade) their season seats? If so, did you move? Why or why not? Just some summertime conversation.

For us, we were originally located in Sec 319 row 3. Two years ago were offered to move to 315 Loge (which we took). This summer my ticket rep called me and offered us seats in 306 Loge - so we're moving again.

I have a good friend with season seats in Sec 322. Last summer he was offered seats in Sec 218 (P2s). He eventually turned them down because we couldn't justify the price jump.

What's your stories?

jimsabo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 12:28 PM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

The only seat upgrade I'm planning this year is to swap seats with my wife so she can deal with all the damn leaners that regularly populate the loge beside us. She has a much greater capacity for being polite with stupid, inconsiderate yobs.

nobody important is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 12:49 PM
its a process

I requested relocation to a section closer to centre ice within P6 as I'm currently the section closest to P7 with two conditions, being it doesn't move me higher than my current row (6) and is close to the aisle (I currently have aisle seats and love it). I was offered seats a section over and in row 3, however it was seats 11-12 which is right in the middle so I declined.
I'm very happy with my current seats so I'm able to be very picky with my request, this probably means I'll be staying where I am.

its a process is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Tombsy

vCash: 572
I got offered an upgrade from 322 to 109 last year. Took it. No regrets.

I think it helped that our group went from 4 seats to 2.

Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 01:25 PM
thexfactor82

Asked my ticket rep if there was a possibility of moving from P5's down to P4's in the lower bowl. Nothing available this season as it is not a renewal year was the answer I got.

thexfactor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 01:31 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexfactor82 View Post
Asked my ticket rep if there was a possibility of moving from P5's down to P4's in the lower bowl. Nothing available this season as it is not a renewal year was the answer I got.
Don't hold your breathe. I've been asking to be moved to P4s from P6s for 5 years now..... crickets.

In fairness to the Jets I think the P4s are a very in high demand price range... not overly expensive, but still in the lower bowl.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

I'm in 318 row 12 and would only move closer to center if I could stay in row 12. Having the space behind your seat to store things and the ability to stand up all game without blocking someone elses view is great.

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsabo21 View Post
Just wondering how many people have been offered to upgrade (or perhaps downgrade) their season seats? If so, did you move? Why or why not? Just some summertime conversation.

For us, we were originally located in Sec 319 row 3. Two years ago were offered to move to 315 Loge (which we took). This summer my ticket rep called me and offered us seats in 306 Loge - so we're moving again.

I have a good friend with season seats in Sec 322. Last summer he was offered seats in Sec 218 (P2s). He eventually turned them down because we couldn't justify the price jump.

What's your stories?
I'm assuming you'd asked your rep to upgrade if possible? We've never asked, or been offered out of the blue. 315 Loge to 306 Loge is a pretty nice upgrade for the same price!

And I think your friend was right to turn his offer down - going from P5s to P2s is kind of a poor value.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 03:38 PM
broinwhyteridge

vCash: 50
I'm happy with my finished basement, recliner, 65" tv, private bathroom facilities, and reasonably priced alcohol/concessions. Plus 3 cats that like watching with me.

That said, I'd be open to a few games in decent seats, but I don't need a full share.

Glad to see people are moving around to better selections.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 05:28 PM
drumzan
#NHLJets

I was offered loge seats and declined. Was also offered seats by the visiting teams bench. Was clear it was going to be obstructed by players and coaches standing in the bench area. For basically double the price of P5, just wasn't worth the price increase, so we declined.

Just get so frustrated with all the leaners in P5.

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 11:00 PM
JetsNut

Quote:

What's your stories?
Nice have! Just wondering, did they offer you the whole Loge or just a pair...?

JetsNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 11:02 PM
flyingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
I was offered loge seats and declined. Was also offered seats by the visiting teams bench. Was clear it was going to be obstructed by players and coaches standing in the bench area. For basically double the price of P5, just wasn't worth the price increase, so we declined.

Just get so frustrated with all the leaners in P5.
Do you call out the leaners? We call them out all the time. It's mostly new people who don't come to very many games. We'll wait for a commercial or intermission to approach them and let them know it's really blocking peoples' view.

We've had a few leaners with a stick up their butt...but the vast majority are apologetic and make an effort to sit in the back of their seat. We try to treat them with respect and understanding.

flyingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 12:07 AM
jimsabo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNut View Post
Nice have! Just wondering, did they offer you the whole Loge or just a pair...?
We had four seats in 315 Loge, and were offered 4 seats in 306 Loge (it's a 6 man box) ... not sure the back story on why they came available.

As soon as we were offered 315L two seasons ago, I immediately updated my seat relocation survey to indicate that we'd be interested in moving closer to centre ice. I'm surprised it happened so soon.

Old
07-13-2017, 12:20 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
We had four seats in 315 Loge, and were offered 4 seats in 306 Loge (it's a 6 man box) ... not sure the back story on why they came available.

As soon as we were offered 315L two seasons ago, I immediately updated my seat relocation survey to indicate that we'd be interested in moving closer to centre ice. I'm surprised it happened so soon.
Well, I hope they were turfed for being ****ing leaners!

Old
07-13-2017, 01:00 AM
jimsabo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Well, I hope they were turfed for being ****ing leaners!
Just curious, which loge are you in? Do the leaners beside you obstruct your view? Or, are you annoyed on behalf of the people behind you?

Old
07-13-2017, 01:22 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Just curious, which loge are you in? Do the leaners beside you obstruct your view? Or, are you annoyed on behalf of the people behind you?
303, right about where people want to view the action near the goal line. I'm annoyed for both reasons. People behind want to see what's happening in front of them, and I want to see what's happening at the far end. When people lean, or even leave something large and obtrusive like a mega bucket of popcorn sitting on the counter, it takes out a considerable portion of the ice surface for me. So then, I have to lean forward to see around them but also position myself low so I'm not adding to the problem for others. Which makes my back sore so I become even more irritated. My wife and I (in fact everyone in our loge group) make an effort to sit so that we are presenting the least blockage to those behind and around us. I just get really pissed off at people who are so ****ing clueless and self-centered that they can't figure out on their own what the correct behaviour is. Not to mention illiterate, because it says right in front of them on the counter DON'T ****ING LEAN, or words to that effect.

Old
07-13-2017, 08:51 AM
drumzan
#NHLJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjay View Post
Do you call out the leaners? We call them out all the time. It's mostly new people who don't come to very many games. We'll wait for a commercial or intermission to approach them and let them know it's really blocking peoples' view.

We've had a few leaners with a stick up their butt...but the vast majority are apologetic and make an effort to sit in the back of their seat. We try to treat them with respect and understanding.
The 4 seats in front of us are constantly sold to other people. So it's different people every game. I'd have to talk to different people every single game.

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 09:12 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
The 4 seats in front of us are constantly sold to other people. So it's different people every game. I'd have to talk to different people every single game.
Print a flyer go early and put it in their cup holders before every game Hahahaha

SCP Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 09:19 AM
damaaster

Quote:

218 are damn good seats. That guy must be an IDIOT

If it was a couple years ago and I was offered those seats I would have taken them..but with 2 kids now - and knowing I can't go to every game - its already hard enough finding people to buy tickets for 60-80 bucks in the upper bowl - didn't want the hassle of tryign to sell 150 dollar tix.

damaaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 11:03 AM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Print a flyer go early and put it in their cup holders before every game Hahahaha
Actually suggested the Jets do this. It's not that people for the whole are being ignorant... they just don't understand the bad effect it has... so explain it to them.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Sabadecade
Die Hard Jets Fan

Quote:

Nice moves!

I was wait listed the first year, got called about season seats in 304 the second year. Then moved into a pair loges in 303 4 years later.

Would I move again? Yes, but Only if I could get some loge seats in the 304-307 range. Of course, I only speak for myself, I'd run it by my group first if that opportunity ever came up.

I also filled out the relocation request for such a move but not right away like you did. We'll see.

Sabadecade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 12:05 PM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadecade View Post
Nice moves!

I was wait listed the first year, got called about season seats in 304 the second year. Then moved into a pair loges in 303 4 years later.

Would I move again? Yes, but Only if I could get some loge seats in the 304-307 range. Of course, I only speak for myself, I'd run it by my group first if that opportunity ever came up.

I also filled out the relocation request for such a move but not right away like you did. We'll see.
I would rather we go for an end or corner loge, preferably 312-314 in the attack zone. No chance of anyone beside me affecting my view, and it would be so much easier on my poor, old neck to be able to watch the entire game without having to move my head from side to side. I watched one game from a corner suite and I really liked the perspective you get.

Old
07-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Sabadecade
Die Hard Jets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
I would rather we go for an end or corner loge, preferably 312-314 in the attack zone. No chance of anyone beside me affecting my view, and it would be so much easier on my poor, old neck to be able to watch the entire game without having to move my head from side to side. I watched one game from a corner suite and I really liked the perspective you get.
Right, something like on the opposite side of the stairs from where we currently are.

Sabadecade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 07:01 PM
JetsNut

I am completely frustrated with TN's system of offering upgrades. I have a request in for upgrade and am in constant contact with my ticket rep for the past 4 years. Not one call for upgrade/relocation. I know two guys personally that don't e autor and didn't request a relocation in their account and they get a phone call with an offer? Wtf??!!!

JetsNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Toomuts

delete

Last edited by Toomuts: 07-15-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Toomuts is offline   Reply With Quote