Seat Upgrades - have you? would you? Summer conversation

Old
07-15-2017, 10:33 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNut View Post
I am completely frustrated with TN's system of offering upgrades. I have a request in for upgrade and am in constant contact with my ticket rep for the past 4 years. Not one call for upgrade/relocation. I know two guys personally that don't e autor and didn't request a relocation in their account and they get a phone call with an offer? Wtf??!!!
Have you ever responded to a SSH survey with anything but glowing praise for the entire organization? That might be the reason.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 11:53 AM
JetsNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Have you ever responded to a SSH survey with anything but glowing praise for the entire organization? That might be the reason.
I certainly did. Told it how it was and I'm the comments section went into details.

JetsNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 05:31 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
I am completely frustrated with TN's system of offering upgrades. I have a request in for upgrade and am in constant contact with my ticket rep for the past 4 years. Not one call for upgrade/relocation. I know two guys personally that don't e autor and didn't request a relocation in their account and they get a phone call with an offer? Wtf??!!!
Have you ever publically or in response to a survey ever said anything negative about TNSE or the Jets?

I know I have , but although my comments have never been done without respect, and I feel were valid issues, I do feel I have been blacklisted.

Is this fair....: Last season a STH sitting in the exact same row as me made the exact move that I have been asking to do for 5 seasons. He only asked once that season to be moved. The only difference as far as I can tell talking to him... he never complained about his view being impacted by the loge seats even though he was.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 08:26 PM
hockeyfanatic89

Prices are getting too costly. Team needs to make tickets more affordable.

hockeyfanatic89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 09:36 PM
buggs
nanoo nanoo

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Have you ever publically or in response to a survey ever said anything negative about TNSE or the Jets?

I know I have , but although my comments have never been done without respect, and I feel were valid issues, I do feel I have been blacklisted.

Is this fair....: Last season a STH sitting in the exact same row as me made the exact move that I have been asking to do for 5 seasons. He only asked once that season to be moved. The only difference as far as I can tell talking to him... he never complained about his view being impacted by the loge seats even though he was.
I've made respectful but what could be construed as "negative" comments in the annual season survey each year. I call it constructive criticism meant to move the situation forward for all. I suspect I'll be critical of the lockout policy this year because I fear the lower concourse will be grossly overcrowded this season.

I've also asked for an upgrade each year and have heard nothing. Are those two things related? Perhaps but my seats are fine and the people around us are mostly pretty cool so not moving doesn't hurt that much. I'll ask again next year.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 10:00 PM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
I've made respectful but what could be construed as "negative" comments in the annual season survey each year. I call it constructive criticism meant to move the situation forward for all. I suspect I'll be critical of the lockout policy this year because I fear the lower concourse will be grossly overcrowded this season.

I've also asked for an upgrade each year and have heard nothing. Are those two things related? Perhaps but my seats are fine and the people around us are mostly pretty cool so not moving doesn't hurt that much. I'll ask again next year.
A small sample size granted but the responses I'm hearing do nothing to dispel my notion that TNSE do not take criticism well. I think there is an expectation on their part that we should all be eternally grateful for their acquisition of the Thrashers, and kiss their boots accordingly. Hopefully, my SSH has been effusive in his praise of the organization, and even commented to our ticket rep that he is a very handsome man with a pleasant aroma about him. Clearly, the squeaky wheels do not get greased, they get the Denver boot.

Old
07-15-2017, 11:40 PM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanatic89 View Post
Prices are getting too costly. Team needs to make tickets more affordable.
Ticket prices are only moving in one direction until demand falls off. If the team starts making the playoffs and contending, demand will be high for a long time.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 01:37 AM
TheDeuce

vCash: 367
Just for fun I called my ST rep and let her know that if the identical seats I have in 205 (on the blue line) became available in 206 that I'd like to make the move. But since those seats in 206 are, imho, the very best seats in the house, I'm not expecting a call any time soon.

That said, imho (again) the seats we have are the second best seats in the house so I'm not unhappy in the least. Especially since they changed the rules so that teams switch sides for overtime in the regular season. If we follow the Leafs' example both ends of the ice will be 'Jets shoot twice' for a lot of games.

m.

TheDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 08:50 AM
Stej

I got offered to move BACK one row (we're in row 11 of the upper deck so would marginally prefer row 12 to row 11, but ideally we would be able to move CLOSER to the ice).

We were almost done the transaction and then I found out that I would have to sign a new TPA. I laughed and told my ticket rep that there is zero chance I'm locking in for another 4 years so I can move within arms reach of where I currently sit. His explanation as to why I needed to sign a new TPA was pretty hilarious. It basically amounted to "it's beyond our control", as though TNSE doesn't have the power to simply transfer the existing TPA.

They almost always act in their own self-interest and very rarely go out of their way to create goodwill or make a small concession (like letting us move back two feet) to forge a sense of trust and loyalty. It's amazing how much I've soured on True North in 6 years.

Last edited by Stej: 07-16-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 08:52 AM
JetsNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
I got offered to move BACK one row (we're in row 11 of the upper deck so would marginally prefer row 12 to row 11, but ideally we would be able to move CLOSER to the ice).

We were almost done the transaction and then I found out that I would have to sign a new TPA. I laughed and told my ticket rep that there is zero chance I'm locking in for another 4 years so I can move within arms reach of where I currently sit. His explanation as to why I needed to sign a new TPA was pretty hilarious.
What was his explanation?

Old
07-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Stej

Quote:
What was his explanation?
You caught me before an edit. See above.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 10:42 AM
JetsNut

Just don't know why they refuse to bend to accommodate their loyal fan base. After all when times get tough and they will one day, it's the loyal fan base that they will need to keep their venture a viable one.
Am I forever greatful to TN for bringing he Jets back....ABSOLUTELY. It would just be nice for them to show some appreciation by taking care of their loyal customers.

Old
07-16-2017, 10:48 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Just don't know why they refuse to bend to accommodate their loyal fan base. After all when times get tough and they will one day, it's the loyal fan base that they will need to keep their venture a viable one.
Am I forever greatful to TN for bringing he Jets back....ABSOLUTELY. It would just be nice for them to show some appreciation by taking care of their loyal customers.
Well, this year they will be taking even better care of us by making sure we stay warm and safe inside the arena.

Old
07-17-2017, 09:39 AM
Sabadecade
Die Hard Jets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Hopefully, my SSH has been effusive in his praise of the organization, and even commented to our ticket rep that he is a very handsome man with a pleasant aroma about him.
Our ticket rep has been changed again, we now have a woman.
She's nice and responds promptly.

I will say this... "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"

Quote:

We were almost done the transaction and then I found out that I would have to sign a new TPA. I laughed and told my ticket rep that there is zero chance I'm locking in for another 4 years so I can move within arms reach of where I currently sit. His explanation as to why I needed to sign a new TPA was pretty hilarious. It basically amounted to "it's beyond our control", as though TNSE doesn't have the power to simply transfer the existing TPA.

They almost always act in their own self-interest and very rarely go out of their way to create goodwill or make a small concession (like letting us move back two feet) to forge a sense of trust and loyalty. It's amazing how much I've soured on True North in 6 years.
My brother did that move (from Row 11 to Row 12), he loved it. It doesn't change your perspective, price or access to the seats that much but it does allow you to stand up at ANY time since nobody is behind you.

As for the new TPA, don't let that stop you. It has zero bearing on whether or not you can "upgrade" or relocate at a later date. It actually is "beyond their control" what seats are available at the time your relocation number is due. Unless you foresee a reason as to why you wouldn't want to extend your TPA, like you know for sure your group is going to disband after the current term is up.

It's all about taking advantage of each opportunity when it arrives. IMHO, make the small marked improvements when you can, not everyone hits the jackpot right away, especially when the demand is high. In Year 1, the demand for ANY Season Seat was high, now, the landscape has changed and the demand is high for "upgrades".

Last edited by Sabadecade: 07-17-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Sabadecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 04:00 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 714
Quote:

That's some serious BSing there. Last season I was offered to move seats due to the organ going in. Still not quite sure why cause my old seats didn't seem to be removed (top of the stairs where the organ is). Anyway, they gave me the option of signing a new 3 year agreement or just keeping it with the one year remaining. I was leaning towards not renewing so didn't take the three years. The seats were closer to centre ice and a number of rows down but had to deal with leaners that weren't a problem in row 12.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 08:20 AM
thexfactor82

Quote:

What section was this offer made for if you don't mind me asking? I've asked my rep the same thing for the past few years as I'm pretty sure the row 12 seats behind us are ticketmaster seats as there is always someone new (or nobody) sitting in them. Every year I get the same response that nothing is available.

thexfactor82 is offline   Reply With Quote