HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mason Appleton Signs ELC

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2017, 01:08 AM
  #51
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Maybe because DeSalvo chose to sign elsewhere, the Jets pushed harder to get Appleton to turn pro?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
The egg. On this, there can be no debate.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 01:31 AM
  #52
Deif
Registered User
 
Deif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,337
vCash: 766
Foley next?

Deif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 07:34 AM
  #53
Channelcat
Registered User
 
Channelcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,923
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillEmAll83 View Post
Wasn't expecting it after he was named captain. Neat! Great addition for the Moose.
MSU is a bit of a mess right now. I guess he figured that things were not shaping up very well there.

Channelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 07:44 AM
  #54
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,925
vCash: 500
Good signing. Wonder why Foley isn't signed yet. He said in his interview in the prospect camp that the ball was in the Jets court. I think Foley is going to have a breakout year and the Jets would be wise to sign him this summer before the temptation of UFA kicks in at the end of next season

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 09:50 AM
  #55
Hobby Bull
Registered User
 
Hobby Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 984
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItCoolKiwi View Post
1 more year in NCAA and then to the Moose?
Ya.

The NCAA is pretty specific about this kind of thing...

Their multi-billion dollar industry doesn't want the help to make a thin dime. It would corrupt them.

Hobby Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:01 AM
  #56
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Good signing. Wonder why Foley isn't signed yet. He said in his interview in the prospect camp that the ball was in the Jets court. I think Foley is going to have a breakout year and the Jets would be wise to sign him this summer before the temptation of UFA kicks in at the end of next season
I seem to recall someone (not pointing the finger at you, don't remember who it was) saying when Vesalainen was drafted that they didn't think there was an organizational need for left wingers. Who do we have on the Moose for left wingers, besides Darren Kramer who absolutely, positively must be on the roster because... you know, shenanigans.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:20 AM
  #57
mcpw
WPG
 
mcpw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
I seem to recall someone (not pointing the finger at you, don't remember who it was) saying when Vesalainen was drafted that they didn't think there was an organizational need for left wingers. Who do we have on the Moose for left wingers, besides Darren Kramer who absolutely, positively must be on the roster because... you know, shenanigans.
De Leo, Tanev, Sgarbossa, Cormier, Lemieux, Harkins are LHS. Lipon is a RHS but has played LW before.

mcpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:30 AM
  #58
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,719
vCash: 300
Contract details from capfriendly


Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:32 AM
  #59
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Contract details from capfriendly

Pretty nice signing bonus for him.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:33 AM
  #60
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,719
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Pretty nice signing bonus for him.
He can buy a truck

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:36 AM
  #61
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,032
vCash: 777
I am not sure anymore but don't they get all 3 years of there signing bonus right off the start?

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 11:06 AM
  #62
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,719
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I am not sure anymore but don't they get all 3 years of there signing bonus right off the start?
That's not how I understand it. They are paid each July 1 for the year in question.. The Oilers for instance are not giving Connor McDavid $80M+ next July 1

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 11:24 AM
  #63
GrandChelems
Registered User
 
GrandChelems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Straight out of Green Bay Wisconsin .... does he have a face like Charles Bronson?

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 11:38 AM
  #64
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
That's not how I understand it. They are paid each July 1 for the year in question.. The Oilers for instance are not giving Connor McDavid $80M+ next July 1
I guess they're entitled to their signing bonus as soon as they sign the contract and it's then paid out over multiple years as stipulated in the contract. That's why they can't be bought out or withheld - the player signed the contract and is owed that money for signing.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 11:47 AM
  #65
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,719
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
I guess they're entitled to their signing bonus as soon as they sign the contract and it's then paid out over multiple years as stipulated in the contract. That's why they can't be bought out or withheld - the player signed the contract and is owed that money for signing.
It's also why some trades are announced after July 1 so the bonus is not paid by the acquiring team.

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 12:06 PM
  #66
robertocarlos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,576
vCash: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby Bull View Post
Ya.

The NCAA is pretty specific about this kind of thing...

Their multi-billion dollar industry doesn't want the help to make a thin dime. It would corrupt them.
Did you see that TSN? thing on what an NCAA basketball player could be paid?
Average of 170k a year and one team could pay $1.7 million a year for each player based on an NBA type split of the revenues.

robertocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 12:39 PM
  #67
SLAYER
GO JETS GO
 
SLAYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Straight out of Green Bay Wisconsin .... does he have a face like Charles Bronson?
He looks like a real Punk Guy.

Not enough NOFX love.

__________________

Hearts Racin', Cup Chasin'
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 02:11 PM
  #68
Deif
Registered User
 
Deif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,337
vCash: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Contract details from capfriendly

How does this compare to other ELCs our prospects have signed?

Deif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 02:46 PM
  #69
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deif View Post
How does this compare to other ELCs our prospects have signed?
Most similar to Lodge and Nogier's deals I think...but with a lower performance bonus.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/james-lodge
https://www.capfriendly.com/players/nelson-nogier

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:26 PM
  #70
truck
Registered User
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
He can buy a truck
I'm not for sale.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 03:34 PM
  #71
Oilpeg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
He looks like a real Punk Guy.

Not enough NOFX love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Straight out of Green Bay Wisconsin .... does he have a face like Charles Bronson?
Shoulda been on the cover of punk and disorderly.

Oilpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 07:58 PM
  #72
The Blue Baron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Good,looking kid hopefully he can make the Jets one day and be a gamer!!!

The Blue Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:56 PM
  #73
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 6,414
vCash: 500
Not sure if anyone noticed but someone in that Twitter feed (assuming his mom?) Mentioned that MSU will continue to honor his scholarship and he's going to finish his degree part time

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 09:35 PM
  #74
Lempo
I heart Toby Enström
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,856
vCash: 500
Gotta wonder if this is the CBA mandated legit Performance Bonus or if CapFriendly sticks also the Games Played bonuses under that column too. $25k would specifically be the maximum allowed bonus for 5 games played up in the N.

Lempo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 09:44 PM
  #75
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Not sure if anyone noticed but someone in that Twitter feed (assuming his mom?) Mentioned that MSU will continue to honor his scholarship and he's going to finish his degree part time
Interesting. Didn't know they did that.

Good for him though. What did he study?

__________________
Team Dunderhead
Winner of the inaugural Romang Award 2014
Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.