7. Michael Spacek, C/RW

Won tiebreaker (80 to 75)

8. Jansen Harkins, C

Won tiebreaker (67 to 62)

9. Dylan Samberg, D

61.2% of vote

10. Logan Stanley, D

37.9% of vote

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 07-15-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 09:22 AM
puck stoppa

vCash: 500
Kovacevic. I think he's very under rated and no one talked about him till pick 10. He will climb the ladder quicker than Poolman. Should turn pro in the spring.

puck stoppa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 09:26 AM
Jets4Life

Add: Mikhail Berdin

Jets4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 09:29 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 366
Foley

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 09:38 AM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Foley
Foley
Lemieux
Kovy

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 09:57 AM
ps241
.915 please Steve

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Kovacevic. I think he's very under rated and no one talked about him till pick 10. He will climb the ladder quicker than Poolman. Should turn pro in the spring.
Stanley will need a big draft +2 season to close the gap on Kovacevic who had a strong season as a rookie in the NCAA.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 11:37 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Stanley will need a big draft +2 season to close the gap on Kovacevic who had a strong season as a rookie in the NCAA.
Yeah I honestly have no idea how Stanley wins over a guy that produced similar in the NCAA to what Stanley produced in the OHL. I think some people have been pushing Stanley just to get him up the rankings but to each their own.

Daximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 11:56 AM
ps241
.915 please Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
Yeah I honestly have no idea how Stanley wins over a guy that produced similar in the NCAA to what Stanley produced in the OHL. I think some people have been pushing Stanley just to get him up the rankings but to each their own.
I think at this point most of us are winging it and there is allot of growth involved in any of these players to make the show. I am not a Stanley fan but I respect guys that have made that choice.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 12:05 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
I think Green is going to have a big year this season. He will leapfrog several places by this poll next year.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 12:12 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I think he will. I thought he had a good start last year before his injury. He should get more opportunity this year on the PP which will see his numbers go up.

Old
07-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

As I mentioned in the least thread, I don't think either Green or Stanley is going to have as good a draft+2 season as Kovacevic had. So I'm voting him with the hope that he keeps improving.

Old
07-15-2017, 12:14 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
This is a big year for him. I will eat crow no doubt if he does not progress like I think he can. Time will tell, but Im not trolling, I really think he can develop but Ive been wrong before (only once in my life tho)

Old
07-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
I think Green is going to have a big year this season. He will leapfrog several places by this poll next year.
I agree he will be getting top pairing minutes and PP1 time now. Something Saint John couldn't give him. His production shot up by about .10 ppg when he was traded to Sherbrooke. I think he will finish the season at or around 50-60 points.

Quote:
This is a big year for him. I will eat crow no doubt if he does not progress like I think he can. Time will tell, but Im not trolling, I really think he can develop but Ive been wrong before (only once in my life tho)
Stanley will likely be getting better minutes and PP time with all the defensive talent leaving Windsor. I still have my reservations about him but if he can play the full season it will be telling.

Daximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 12:32 PM
csk

Kovacevic

Probably Virtanen next

csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 12:32 PM
ruffus23

Nogier as he will play NHL games on third pair this year.

ruffus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 12:49 PM
csk

Quote:
I have him at #4 on my list

csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 12:52 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The thing is that his start was just what would be expected going from D+0 to D+1. It was marking time. His numbers will almost certainly go up this year. They will probably get to where they should have been in his D+0 year but it will be D+2. The odds still say he never becomes an impact player in the NHL.

Voting for him at #10 can mean a few things. It can mean voting on hope and optimism or voting based on faith in Chevy. Or it can mean that we have no more than 9 actual prospects.

I still have hope for him. It is still possible for him to become a good NHL player. I can't see him as any higher than 14 or 15 on our prospect list though. Maybe next year.

Old
07-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
If he does, he will be to me the dman equivalent of Harkins.

Rheged did a neat plot that showed Harkins development was almost a perfect upward trajectory with the same growth between seasons......except with the massive caveat that his 17 and 18 yearold seasons were reversed...it is really quite strange.

Would be funny to see if green does the same.

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 01:58 PM
ruffus23

Quote:
I think he will. I thought he had a good start last year before his injury. He should get more opportunity this year on the PP which will see his numbers go up.
Stanley was improving as season progressed. If he can improve skating dramatically he will be a good one.

Very little difference between prospects 10 to 16 or so.

New prospects are completely unknown to the majority. I think that vasaleinen was only voted #3 due to draft position.

Is there a way to provide different weights to different voters? Those with +10000 posts get more votes than those with 100 posts?

ruffus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Deif

vCash: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus23 View Post
Stanley was improving as season progressed. If he can improve skating dramatically he will be a good one.

Very little difference between prospects 10 to 16 or so.

New prospects are completely unknown to the majority. I think that vasaleinen was only voted #3 due to draft position.

Is there a way to provide different weights to different voters? Those with +10000 posts get more votes than those with 100 posts?
What? Vesalainen is clearly the #3 here, being a tier ahead of the prospects at 4 and below and a tier behind someone like Roslovic.

And not sure if sarcasm, but just because you post more doesn't mean you have a "better vote" than someone who posts less.

Deif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 02:35 PM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus23 View Post
That's a horrible mechanism to weigh the relevance of people's votes, IMO. We can't do it, and we wouldn't if we could.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
If he does, he will be to me the dman equivalent of Harkins.

Rheged did a neat plot that showed Harkins development was almost a perfect upward trajectory with the same growth between seasons......except with the massive caveat that his 17 and 18 yearold seasons were reversed...it is really quite strange.

Would be funny to see if green does the same.
I think you have to expect some variations in the trajectories of almost all the players. Some have the bad season earlier and some later. When it is later it is called a sophomore slump. These are human beings we are talking about, not machines. They suffer a loss of confidence, or they become overconfident. They have personal issues or physical problems.

Green was taken 79th. That alone marks him as quite a long shot. But quite a few good Dmen come from that range of the draft. They usually take more than 1-2 years to develop though. I have a little higher expectations of Green than I do of Stanley. The 2 have different battles to fight but Green has shown flashes of higher end talent that Stanley has never shown. He needs to learn to make those flashes his norm. Whether he can do that or not we won't know for another couple of years.

Old
07-15-2017, 03:16 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
That's a horrible mechanism to weigh the relevance of people's votes, IMO. We can't do it, and we wouldn't if we could.
What about vCash? (Insert sarcasm emoji)

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 03:20 PM
truck

Quote:
Same. If he has another strong season I think we'll see him turn pro in short order.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deif View Post
What? Vesalainen is clearly the #3 here, being a tier ahead of the prospects at 4 and below and a tier behind someone like Roslovic.

And not sure if sarcasm, but just because you post more doesn't mean you have a "better vote" than someone who posts less.
Have to agree with the bold though I'd get more votes.

Would Vesalainen be that clearly #3 if you didn't know where he was drafted? To some extent , yes. There are scouting reports, highlight videos and a little glimpse in Dev Camp. But if you had been told he was taken in the 4th round would you still be so sure? The only outstanding thing on his resume is a 7 game sample at the U18's. His D-1 looked good but it is harder to project from that young age. Not a lot to go on.

Just considering the question. His missing so much of his draft season may have given us a real steal at #24. Had he played a full season he might have gone much higher. Possibly. Personally, I am going to hold on to that fantasy until his progress disappoints.