HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT: Boston @ Montreal 4/1/06 7PM EST RDS,NESN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2006, 06:35 PM
  #101
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,445
vCash: 500
You guys are funny. Perfect setup by Ribs to Kovy who misses a golden opportunity and everyone blames Ribs for missing the rebound.

Muhaaa some things will never change

zx81 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:35 PM
  #102
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
Once again, I want Sundstrom, Zednik and RIBEIRO gone!!! Can these guys be any more inept with the puck? At least Ryder is gonna reach 30 goals despite his fumbling. Those 3 will barely combine for 35 by season's end!!!
I'm not quite sure what you mean... Ribeiro has been our best playmaker tonight (no pun intended to his linemates).

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:36 PM
  #103
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
They're both playing their best game in a while
True, but their offense is negligable and can be replaced if we spend wisely in the off-season. Right now, they ain't gettin the job done. Hopefully they can redeem themselves and pot some, but if not they wear the goat horns... again.

Hab-a-maniac is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:37 PM
  #104
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
True, but their offense is negligable and can be replaced if we spend wisely in the off-season. Right now, they ain't gettin the job done. Hopefully they can redeem themselves and pot some, but if not they wear the goat horns... again.

you must be one of the most negative posters i have read

Toro is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:38 PM
  #105
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
True, but their offense is negligable and can be replaced if we spend wisely in the off-season. Right now, they ain't gettin the job done. Hopefully they can redeem themselves and pot some, but if not they wear the goat horns... again.
Unless you're ready to spend an extra 3-4m$/year you won't get a center with more creativity/passing/playmaking skills than Ribeiro. If he's willing to re-sign a 1m$/1 year deal, I don't get why we wouldn't re-sign him.

Edit: If you don't understand why I say this, it's simply cuz if he can't do better than what he's done this year...send him to hamilton, won't do much against our cap.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:38 PM
  #106
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,592
vCash: 50
Thrashers: 2
Hurricanes: 0

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:39 PM
  #107
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
Thrashers: 2
Hurricanes: 0
Canes have been bad since the olympic break.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:40 PM
  #108
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Unless you're ready to spend an extra 3-4m$/year you won't get a center with more creativity/passing/playmaking skills than Ribeiro. If he's willing to re-sign a 1m$/1 year deal, I don't get why we wouldn't re-sign him.
I'm not negative, I just think we need better secondary scoring. If we want to move on to being an elite team, these guys need to be better. Sure we can keep Ribs if it comes that cheap, but I think we need somne changes cause our offense may be good but it's not great. I want it to be better, don't you? Ribeiro and Zednik are having great games so far, but does that make up for all the floating they've been doing? For me, not yet. Now, if they show up for the playoffs I may have a change of heart.

Hab-a-maniac is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:40 PM
  #109
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Unless you're ready to spend an extra 3-4m$/year you won't get a center with more creativity/passing/playmaking skills than Ribeiro. If he's willing to re-sign a 1m$/1 year deal, I don't get why we wouldn't re-sign him.

exactly some people here don't know how the new NHL works. The cap, free agency and all the other new rules.

IN the offseason we can work on our weak spots but now we play with what we have please stop talking about bull *****.

enjoy the game

Toro is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:40 PM
  #110
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,592
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Canes have been bad since the olympic break.

they still managed to run us over

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:41 PM
  #111
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,445
vCash: 500
Not a good first by Marvov

zx81 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:42 PM
  #112
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
I'm not negative, I just think we need better secondary scoring. If we want to move on to being an elite team, these guys need to be better. Sure we can keep Ribs if it comes that cheap, but I think we need somne changes cause our offense may be good but it's not great. I want it to be better, don't you? Ribeiro and Zednik are having great games so far, but does that make up for all the floating they've been doing? For me, not yet. Now, if they show up for the playoffs I may have a change of heart.
Imo if we re-sign Ribeiro, get a UFA for the 2nd line have Ribeiro center the 3rd (Plek play RW/LW) and you've got a good 3rd/PP center capable of 60 pts (say what you will, speed might hurt him but if Allison can rack up points in the new NHL I'm convinced Ribs can).

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:42 PM
  #113
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,148
vCash: 500
Komisarek is getting into a bit of hot water here. Hard to get the momentum going with penalties like this.

Hab-a-maniac is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
  #114
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Nice pass Dagenais...Oops I mean Murray.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:44 PM
  #115
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Imo if we re-sign Ribeiro, get a UFA for the 2nd line have Ribeiro center the 3rd (Plek play RW/LW) and you've got a good 3rd/PP center capable of 60 pts (say what you will, speed might hurt him but if Allison can rack up points in the new NHL I'm convinced Ribs can).
Ribs would certainly thrive if he had a big, strong winger that could push people around to help him and a young scoring winger from our prospect pool. Then we'd have a great 2nd line. I don't see any room left for Zednik or Sundstrom (though with Sunny, no one sees any room).

Hab-a-maniac is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:45 PM
  #116
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,592
vCash: 50
1st period

advantage habs

all thanks to line 2, Kovy, Ribs and Zednik were flying out there. They had mulitple scoring chances and if they keep it up will surely score a couple by the end of the game.

We need to stay out of the box!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:45 PM
  #117
High flyin' Habs*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
relax wow they are on fire right now are you watching the game?


All this negativity during the game when were playing great really annoys the hell out of me
Being on fire means getting lots of points. Ribeiro aint getting lots of points.

High flyin' Habs* is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:45 PM
  #118
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,560
vCash: 179
Buffalo are miserable now. Montreal have to win both games vs them

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:46 PM
  #119
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,942
vCash: 50
Nice entertaining pinball game in the first, now hockey please.

Phil Parent is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:48 PM
  #120
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,560
vCash: 179
TB losing 1-0

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:49 PM
  #121
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
Ribs would certainly thrive if he had a big, strong winger that could push people around to help him and a young scoring winger from our prospect pool. Then we'd have a great 2nd line. I don't see any room left for Zednik or Sundstrom (though with Sunny, no one sees any room).
Personally, that's the reason I'd like to have him around till Lats is up with the club.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:49 PM
  #122
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,978
vCash: 500
I really love watching the Habs games on RDS , I think P.Houde is a great play by play man ....I really can't complain for the most part....even when games are on CBC I'll still watch RDS because I can't stand cole/neil .... BUT
If I have to hear houde and pednault ejaculate one more time when they mention Bergeron's divine greatness I think I'm gonna puke!!! God they're sickening

I realize it's the "homegrown" effect but for ****s sakes give it a rest

tritone is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:50 PM
  #123
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,560
vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
I really love watching the Habs games on RDS , I think P.Houde is a great play by play man ....I really can't complain for the most part....even when games are on CBC I'll still watch RDS because I can't stand cole/neil .... BUT
If I have to hear houde and pednault ejaculate one more time when they mention Bergeron's divine greatness I think I'm gonna puke!!! God they're sickening

I realize it's the "homegrown" effect but for ****s sakes give it a rest

now i know why i didnt listen in french class. its paying off

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:50 PM
  #124
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by High flyin' Habs
Being on fire means getting lots of points. Ribeiro aint getting lots of points.
He's talking about this game. Ribs is on fire this game.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-01-2006, 06:50 PM
  #125
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,280
vCash: 500
Zednik is AWFUL again tonight, Kovy must be pissed to play with that pee-wee

TheDamned is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.