HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2005 Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2006, 04:43 PM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
The 2005 Draft

Does anybody else think this may go down as one of our best drafts in history...I know i`m getting ahead of myself but i the past years i have NEVER felt as optimistic with a draft year as I do with 2005, I mean check out the picks..

Carey Price

- Solid but inconsistent year. Still has a ton of potential and will probably be the starter for the world juniors next year. Big and very mobile as well as a great stickhandler. Elite Goaltending potential

Guillaume Latendresse

-See above. Inconsistent year, but almost had a goal a game as an 18 year old. Had a rough start to they year but if he would have played all his game like he did at the end he could have easily had over a 100 point season. Hit like a Mac truck and is tough to move from the front of the net. If hes not with the habs next year he will probably make the world junior team and hopefully dominate. Big time power forward potential.

Juraj Mikus

-Ahhh our dark horse talented pick has been just that...very obscure. Yes he had better numbers then last year but find me one Canadiens fan who is not dissapointed in his production this year. Still has awesome potential with some great speed and sick skills to go along with pretty good size. Hopefully he can break out next year and he will get another craxk at the World Juniors for Slovakia.

Mathieu Aubin

-Hello!!! Where did you come from kid...Must have been tough playing in Bourret`s shadow last year and yes he was hurt but 47 goals and 103 points this year..nobody was expecting that. Big center who doesen`t always use his size but is improving his physical side. Hes got some slick skills and i`m anxious to see how he does in Hamilton next year

Matt D`Agostini

-D`Ago has had a great year so far and was around top 20 of OHL scoring for the whole year. Does not seem to be a natural goal scorer but seems to know how to pass the puck around quite well. Also word is that he has some great wheels. Is 19 already so he should be in Hamilton next year too.

Sergei Kostsitsyn

-Great pick, as little bro seems to have fit into Canadian hockey very well. Feisty guy who has ok size at 6 feet and he does not shy away from the traffic. Has pretty good potential and is a power play threat. Will be interesting to see how he does next year in London when some of the big boys such as Shremp and Hunter are gone. He was always around the top 20 scoring in the OHL and should be in the World Juniors in the top group because Belarus advanced last year from the B pool. Should be fun to watch him against the big countries and maybe Canada.

Philippe Paquet

-Had a slow start to the year in the NCAA but apparently picked up his play near the end of the year and actually turned quite a few heads. Big and mobile defenceman are always needed and he was the only one picked last year. Keep and eye on in 2006, could be a big year for him.

So that is all guys, our last draft has just a ton of potential and hopefully all our picks can continue to progress nicely!!

Old
04-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
yupppppp, in a nutshell.... they all had solid years

Old
04-01-2006, 04:53 PM
terreur

is Sergei a possible prospect in the NHL? I mean, could he become a 7th round gem, or do you think he is only a player that took advantage of a boosted london knights team?

I can't judge, i've never seen him play.

Old
04-01-2006, 05:07 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by terreur
is Sergei a possible prospect in the NHL? I mean, could he become a 7th round gem, or do you think he is only a player that took advantage of a boosted london knights team?

I can't judge, i've never seen him play.
I`ve never seen him play either..besides what I saw on tv, But from what I heard you can make a case for both theories. Yes he was on a stacked team but he was also a rookie who was new in this country and didn`t speak a work of English. From what i heard he def. has some great skills and hopefully next year he can show them off even more and lead the team. I`m hoping for a Mathieu Aubin type season where he is can prove how good he is when their best scorers from this year aren`t there.

Old
04-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Evil Ted

I think since its like 2006 right now that we might want to wait a few years before we claim this one of our best drafts in history. None of these players have played pro hockey, and probably wont for a couple of years.

Old
04-01-2006, 05:48 PM
FrankMTL

Does anybody else think this may go down as one of our best drafts in history...I know i`m getting ahead of myself but i the past years i have NEVER felt as optimistic with a draft year as I do with 2005, I mean check out the picks..

I know i was being optimistic but i`m not quoting its the best..i`m just saying theres a chance it may be one of the best...just like theres a chance 2006 will be one of the best..anything can happen. But just wanted to talk about a few prospects.

Closed Thread