HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats to Garth Murray

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2006, 09:10 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Congrats to Garth Murray

On his first 2 goal game in the NHL, and he got into a fight with another former ranger, Dan LaCouture in a 2-0 over the Boston Bruins.
I wish Marcel Hossa would have a 2 goal game for the Rangers. Wish he would start scoring.

Old
04-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Profet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
On his first 2 goal game in the NHL, and he got into a fight with another former ranger, Dan LaCouture in a 2-0 over the Boston Bruins.
I wish Marcel Hossa would have a 2 goal game for the Rangers. Wish he would start scoring.
January 16th...

Old
04-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Skroob*

And hey, what a night

All of the 7th thru 11th place teams all won today, so the standings change little.

Tampa does drop from 6th to 8th in the only major change.

Old
04-01-2006, 09:33 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
And hey, what a night

All of the 7th thru 11th place teams all won today, so the standings change little.

Tampa does drop from 6th to 8th in the only major change.

i think the days off can hurt the rangers especially eventhough the flyers lost, they play their next game vs the Islanders tomorrow night so most likely that is a win for the Flyers, before they play the Rangers. But anything can happen. I never thought id say this but lets go Islanders.

Old
04-01-2006, 09:35 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet
January 16th...
yea but only one and Hossa is suppose to be a goal scorer. When grinders get a 2 goal game is a big reward for them. If a scorer only gets one, well then there is a problem. Hossa needs to add offense or he is useless. Maybe Hossa along with Orr should go to Jason Ward's skating instructor. Hossa needs to remember to keep his feet moving. I notice he glides on the backcheck and sometimes in the offensive zone.

Old
04-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Fletch

I thought...

Murray scored once while on a line with Messier two seasons ago. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Old
04-01-2006, 10:00 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
yea but only one and Hossa is suppose to be a goal scorer. When grinders get a 2 goal game is a big reward for them. If a scorer only gets one, well then there is a problem. Hossa needs to add offense or he is useless. Maybe Hossa along with Orr should go to Jason Ward's skating instructor. Hossa needs to remember to keep his feet moving. I notice he glides on the backcheck and sometimes in the offensive zone.
Hossa has a different role on this team now, he is a 3rd line/PK grinder. Yes everyone thought he would be a scorer but that part of his game is lost so he is making up for it by doing other things well.

Old
04-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Murray scored once while on a line with Messier two seasons ago. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Yes, but not twice.

Old
04-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Fletch

Yeah..

gotta read - was going on instinct - never thought two-goal game and Murray in the same sentence before...

Old
04-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
gotta read - was going on instinct - never thought two-goal game and Murray in the same sentence before...
And he got the first star before Huet and Thomas

Old
04-02-2006, 07:26 AM
eco's bones

Good for Garth. Don't think he'll ever be more than a 4th liner but he's tough and an honest hockey player.

Old
04-02-2006, 07:41 AM
gars59

i love Garth Murray , he can figh,hit,play in pk , and score. thank to glen sather , to trade him for Marcel Hossa !

Old
04-02-2006, 08:58 AM
shoothepuck

Nice job Murray. Problem is, Hossa was expected to be scoring at least 2 goals a month.

Old
04-02-2006, 12:49 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Nice job Murray. Problem is, Hossa was expected to be scoring at least 2 goals a month.
He missed his monthly goal in March, so he is due for 2 in April.

Old
04-02-2006, 02:32 PM
marvel

So far Hossa is doing a good job, except not enough scoring. But he is dangerous around the net and can deliver from time to time. And that is important. So as long as he scores when it is needed the most, he is a valuable player. There are many forwards that could add some more goals. Hollweg, Ortmeyer and Moore are creating many chances but most of the time fail scoring. They all should go up a little bit..

Old
04-02-2006, 05:55 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:

What a surprise. A strike against Hossa from a Hollweg fan.

Old
04-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Fletch

Hated the trade in September...

but have come to be indifferent about it. I thought Murray had a lot of talent. Seemed to have a decent set of hands, good speed, and a very willing player to hit, stick up for his teammates, etc. But, he wasn't putting it together, so the swap made sense. I can't honestly say what Hossa brings to the Rangers, though. Tons of talent, but something's missing since the offensive-minded player who's played parts of 3 or 4 seasons in the NHL just hasn't put it together. So, it still seems like a fair trade. Fine chance taken by Sather, as he has tons of Murrays lying around.

Old
04-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Edge

Quote:
but have come to be indifferent about it. I thought Murray had a lot of talent. Seemed to have a decent set of hands, good speed, and a very willing player to hit, stick up for his teammates, etc. But, he wasn't putting it together, so the swap made sense. I can't honestly say what Hossa brings to the Rangers, though. Tons of talent, but something's missing since the offensive-minded player who's played parts of 3 or 4 seasons in the NHL just hasn't put it together. So, it still seems like a fair trade. Fine chance taken by Sather, as he has tons of Murrays lying around.

That's how I feel. Murray was more likely to play in the NHL, but Hossa had more offensive upside.

I think when all is said and done it'll go down as a pretty minor trade.

Murray just never quite developed like I thought he would. I thought he could've been a McCarty type but it just never really materialized and his health is a major concern for the style of his play.

Hossa has a ton of talent, but he just can't seem to put it all together and if he's not scoring he's just about useless out there.

Old
04-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Block More Shots

I liked Murray but we have so many of his type in the system. I knew Marcel had consistency issues but he was worth the gamble.

IMO, it's an even trade. Murray has done his job in Montreal which is good enough for them and Marcel, even though he was dropped from the 2nd line, has developed into a better defensive player. His backcheck is better than ever and he works hard on every shift. Honestly, if he's not putting the puck in the net all the time, playing responsible defense and working hard is all I can ask from the kid.

The bottom line is that he belongs in the NHL. If he coasted like Fedor Fedorov and didn't skate, then he wouldn't have a spot on this team. He may not bring goals but he brings other things that can help the team.

Old
04-02-2006, 07:50 PM
DutchShamrock

If the trade never happened both players would be in the AHL. I don't see how not making the trade benefits either team or either player. In all honesty, Hossa is a player that doesn't hurt you. He contributes where he can except in the goal department. At this point it should be enough to keep him out of the lineup but I won't complain when he does play. Of course Hossa contributes nothing if you ignore any of the goals he does score or any hard work he puts in.

Old
04-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
The bottom line is that he belongs in the NHL. If he coasted like Fedor Fedorov and didn't skate, then he wouldn't have a spot on this team. He may not bring goals but he brings other things that can help the team.
You had me up until that point.

Hossa coasts like few others on this team and his biggest problem is that he stops skating.

And I'm little confused as to what Hossa brings to the table when he isn't scoring, because I sure as heck haven't seen it.

Old
04-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
You had me up until that point.

Hossa coasts like few others on this team and his biggest problem is that he stops skating.

And I'm little confused as to what Hossa brings to the table when he isn't scoring, because I sure as heck haven't seen it.
Hossa backchecks and works hard along the boards. He's been using his body well too. I'm sure he does stop skating but a majority of the time I see him out on the ice, he is skating his *** off.

He's one of those players that is too good for the AHL but not good enough to make a full impact at the NHL level. Basically, he's a fringe player. The reason I said he belongs at the NHL level is because his hard work can make him AT LEAST a decent 3rd/4th liner. His finishing does need some work though.

Old
04-02-2006, 09:42 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Happy for Murray.

I always like to see our draft picks do well, even if it's on another team.

Old
04-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
Hossa backchecks and works hard along the boards. He's been using his body well too. I'm sure he does stop skating but a majority of the time I see him out on the ice, he is skating his *** off.

He's one of those players that is too good for the AHL but not good enough to make a full impact at the NHL level. Basically, he's a fringe player. The reason I said he belongs at the NHL level is because his hard work can make him AT LEAST a decent 3rd/4th liner. His finishing does need some work though.
Sorry but I just don't see much of that. I see the occasional interest in back checking and working along the boards, but as a whole I find it to be largely lacking.

I dunno what else really to say really. I honestly think that if Hossa is a team's 3rd/4th line option than that team either lacks depth players to play there or is in serious trouble.

Old
04-03-2006, 01:49 AM
VEGASRANGERFAN

whoopi

Closed Thread