HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: vs Philly

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 04:42 AM
PUCKBOY99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
I turned off the game, can someone explain what happened? Probably Roenick playing his borderline dirty play.
One mans "Borderline dirty" is another mans tough, GRITTY play...I hope the young guys learned something from Roenick.

Now.....that was the saddest, butt-ugly game I've seen in a while. They sure showed their inexperience tonight. Can someone please explain why it is so hard for the Panthers to clear their own zone? Year after year they seem to have the hardest damn time clearing the zone.
DIRECTIONS:
1) player
2) stick
3) puck
4) player takes stick & whacks the ***** out of the puck.

***WARNING: Taking this approach may result in an icing penalty....but the puck being dropped in the face off circle beats the hell out of being dropped @ center ice!!!! ***

Old
10-30-2003, 06:13 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I agree with the gritty play of Roenick and wish that our guys could show some of that at times. However, I do remember a pretty nasty elbow last year. Gritty and Dirty are both along a slim line.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:56 AM
Captain8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
That was weak

Nice individual efforts by Kozlov, Hagman, Trnka and Shields. Mezei has had 3 poor games in a row although I loved seeing him hammer Roenick. Branisaurus is gonna have to take more responsibility around his net. Silent j and Horton look overwhelmed at times.

Luugy needs a B-12 shot or something. That 1st goal shoulda been stopped. When it went in, this team went south in a hurry.
Need we mention the power play and the discipline as well?

Running a 7% power play, the Panthers can't even afford to trade power play chances, especially against one of the better power play teams. Playing against a 30% power play tonight, they could perhaps keep it close if the league allowed both Shields and Luongo to play in net.

In today's NHL, Keenan looks like a dinosaur. Prior to and after the game, the theme song was the importance of meeting the physical challenge. It's fine to emphasize that concept, but it's evident that Keenan did little beyond verbalizing it. Most coaches know that the key to beating the Flyers is execution -- quick puck movement, puck support, and discipline. The Panthers failed not because they were physically intimidated but because, once again, they couldn't make more than two passes in succession; they played a slow game; their own PP was awful; the goaltending was shaky; they lost discipline.

So what do get for an epilogue? More of the same false reasoning. It's no wonder that this team doesn't improve from one game to the next. And it's a shame because a young team does have the capacity to learn if taught properly.

Closed Thread