HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulis unhappy with the canadiens has allready...

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2006, 09:27 AM
oli500

vCash: 500
Bulis unhappy with the canadiens has allready...

made a Decision that he wants out according to the journal de montréal.

There was a hole page written in the journal de montréal about bulis unhappynes with the team. Why would he come out and whine to the media about his statues with the team. Most people no its over and by saying he dosent want to come back or dosent want to be part of this it makes it easier for a coach to sit him and its situations like this that can brake team chemestry. Frankly I wouldent want to dress a guy that dosent want to play for the habs anymore. Bob stick with murray at least hes going to give every thing he has.

Old
04-02-2006, 09:49 AM
felixd

Looks like Bulis is done in Montreal. Keep him for the rest of the season/playoffs in case of injury I guess, but that kind of negativity around the team can't be good.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

this whole thing just blows me away..I always thought of Bulis hard working team player but from the sounds of things he's not.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:08 AM
LeMAD

Bulis is a really soft player, but he doesn't have the offensive talent to make up for it.......good riddance....

Old
04-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
I guess he's really on his way out and he's probably going to go to another team and produce offensivly.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:13 AM
JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan 32
I guess he's really on his way out and he's probably going to go to another team and produce offensivly.
Yup.

I don't know why things are off the rails with Bulis, while Ribeiro and Zednik keep on playing. Bulis could do either of their jobs better than them right now.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Captain Saku

i just dont get why bob gainey is treating him like this.... i mean why bulis and not zednik ?

Old
04-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Yup.

I don't know why things are off the rails with Bulis, while Ribeiro and Zednik keep on playing. Bulis could do either of their jobs better than them right now.
Bulis turns the puck over in the neutral zone more frequently than any Canadien player.

He was playing lackadaisical fundamental hockey, and the team never has and never will rely on Bulis for secondary scoring. On the other hand, the team has and continue will needing Ribeiro/Zednik for secondary scoring for the short-term future. This is a (simple) reason why those two continue to play while Bulis does not.

Oh, and as unfortunate as this situation is with Bulis: it shouldn't be surprising. This is virtually identical to how he sulked his way out of Washington.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:29 AM
JV

I don't see it that way. Bulis was among our best players in the first half of the year. I can't say I've noticed that he's prone to o-zone turnovers, as you seem to think. And when he was asked to fill in at center, he did a better job than Ribs. He's more physical than Zednik, and skates better than either Zed or Ribs. The winning streak notwhithstanding, I find it hard to understand why there's no place for this guy on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:43 AM
mcphee

With all these stories and hints, that are appearing in diffrent parts of the media, have there been any direct quotes from Bullis ? If he doesn't like his role, and has said as much, and Gainey has indirectly discussed this, that's one thing. I haven't heard a direct quote before we accuse him of whining.

As to why Bullis, my thinking is that Gainey and co. have an internal framework of what makes up a good team. That is, so many offensive players,checkers, young/energy guys, tough guys, etc. Bullis never really fit in any role over a period of time. It seems that they judge that Zednik 'can' do a job on a scoring line, and it's worth it to stick it out with him, as opposed to their thinking on Bullis. I disagree to an extent, and wonder why he couldn't be more effective than Downey with Bonk and Begin, but I have to think there are some issues that contribute to this.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
I don't see it that way. Bulis was among our best players in the first half of the year. I can't say I've noticed that he's prone to o-zone turnovers, as you seem to think. And when he was asked to fill in at center, he did a better job than Ribs. He's more physical than Zednik, and skates better than either Zed or Ribs. The winning streak notwhithstanding, I find it hard to understand why there's no place for this guy on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Bulis is willing to put forth more bodychecks than Zednik, but he'll turnover the puck if he sees an opponent lining him up for a hit.

I'm not sure why you (and others) don't believe this is a valid reason for benching him, then finding it mysterious that he's sitting.

The game against the Isles (not the last one, but the one before) Bulis was on a line with Plekanec. The two of them had good chemistry and were two of the better offensive players for Montreal. Bulis was skating hard and actually hitting on the forecheck. There were multiple occasions though where he coughed up the puck in the neutral zone, and wasn't overly eager to work in transition defense.

After that game, despite his strong offensive game, Bulis was benched.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I disagree to an extent, and wonder why he couldn't be more effective than Downey with Bonk and Begin, but I have to think there are some issues that contribute to this.
I would think it's due to the fact that Downey brings a certain character to the team (same deal with Simpson), and will always give a consistent solid effort. The team needs a reliable fourth line that will do its job--Bulis combined with Bonk would perhaps make it more of an enigmatic line.

Downey thus far has been solid fundamental hockey and provided a real spark to the team, in my opinion. Bulis has been below average fundamentally and (as you correctly asserted, imo) has been confused with his role.

You wrote a post a few days ago which I think is spot-on: this new coaching staff seems to delegate specific roles to every individual on the team. If they don't fulfill that role, even if they've played well in some other capacity, then it's considered a bad game on their behalf.

Bulis seems to be the first major casualty of this approach.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
With all these stories and hints, that are appearing in diffrent parts of the media, have there been any direct quotes from Bullis ? If he doesn't like his role, and has said as much, and Gainey has indirectly discussed this, that's one thing. I haven't heard a direct quote before we accuse him of whining.
I do remember a recent interview after Bulis' first benching, he stated he didn't understand why he was being benched and thought he was having his most productive season ever. Kind of gave off a vibe of "What can you do?" I knew then Bulis wouldn't be back in a Habs uniform next season. He wasn't whining, I'll give him that, but you could tell he had lost some (if not all) desire to play for this team. Can't really blame him.

Quote:
As to why Bullis, my thinking is that Gainey and co. have an internal framework of what makes up a good team. That is, so many offensive players,checkers, young/energy guys, tough guys, etc. Bullis never really fit in any role over a period of time. It seems that they judge that Zednik 'can' do a job on a scoring line, and it's worth it to stick it out with him, as opposed to their thinking on Bullis. I disagree to an extent, and wonder why he couldn't be more effective than Downey with Bonk and Begin, but I have to think there are some issues that contribute to this.
I agree, but I think Gainey would love to use Bulis on the 3rd line. My thinking is that Gainey believes Bulis is a liability now, a 3rd liner who thinks he's a second liner may shirk his defensive responsibilities. I can see the points of both sides. Bulis must be extremely frustrated because he is having a career year and the more games he sits out, the smaller his contract is going to be wherever he signs next year.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:10 AM
DicAnns

Wherever he plays next year, he'll score 30 goals and 30 assists (unless he gets injured, of course)

Old
04-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73
Wherever he plays next year, he'll score 30 goals and 30 assists (unless he gets injured, of course)
Only places I could see that happening are teams out of playoff contention and who rely on Jan as a top line forward. Even then, despite having 17 goals he's got stone hands so I can't see him topping 30.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:22 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
made a Decision that he wants out according to the journal de montréal.

There was a hole page written in the journal de montréal about bulis unhappynes with the team. Why would he come out and whine to the media about his statues with the team. Most people no its over and by saying he dosent want to come back or dosent want to be part of this it makes it easier for a coach to sit him and its situations like this that can brake team chemestry. Frankly I wouldent want to dress a guy that dosent want to play for the habs anymore. Bob stick with murray at least hes going to give every thing he has.
He may have made it clear already to Gainey that he doesnt want to negotiate. Adios Bulis you are now on the bench. Send him to the minors

Old
04-02-2006, 11:25 AM
DicAnns

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Only places I could see that happening are teams out of playoff contention and who rely on Jan as a top line forward. Even then, despite having 17 goals he's got stone hands so I can't see him topping 30.
he got 24 goals and 25 assists in 49 games with Pardubice during lockout
of course Czech league is not as competitive as the NHL, but this guy can definitely offer reliable scoring as a 2nd line center.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:25 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

If he's actually being a baby about this then I put him in the Ribeiro category. We don't need players like that.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:29 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Maybe, but I doubt he'd get that role on a good team.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
he got 24 goals and 25 assists in 49 games with Pardubice during lockout
of course Czech league is not as competitive as the NHL, but this guy can definitely offer reliable scoring as a 2nd line center.
Can he? Julien gave him a lot of opportunities to play prime minutes and I remember a lot of frustration on this board with regards to his lack of output.

Bulis can either be a top-6 forward on a bad-average team (which I guess the Habs could fall into) or a 3rd liner on a pretty good team. Like I said, I can't blame him for wanting to play the more glorious role, but I doubt he's going to get 60 pts wherever he signs.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:34 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I predict he will get $2 mil wherever he signs. And he will flourish and then everyone will bash Gainey for letting him go.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
I predict he will get $2 mil wherever he signs. And he will flourish and then everyone will bash Gainey for letting him go.
Hell, people bash Gainey for the Hossa deal, so Bulis really wouldn't have to do much for that to happen.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:41 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Hell, people bash Gainey for the Hossa deal, so Bulis really wouldn't have to do much for that to happen.
Well when they do, I want people to remember how much they bashed Bulis when he was here.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Mike8

I'd wager Bulis doesn't get $2 million, and I'm going to enjoy seeing all the people predicting him flourishing offensively elsewhere disappear on Bulis-threads next year.

Bulis - 30 goal man? Forget it. He'll be lucky to score 20.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:45 AM
TheRocket

Given the opportunity to play as a center Bulis will score 20 goals easily next season. I just hope he does not sign with Toronto.

Closed Thread