HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulis unhappy with the canadiens has allready...

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larue
Jason Arnott
Who is more of a floater and more inclined to self-protection and backing off when the mood suits him than even Bulis.

Old
04-02-2006, 03:55 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Who is more of a floater and more inclined to self-protection and backing off when the mood suits him than even Bulis.
I dont care what you say.... I would take a 6'4" 220lb Arnott that can score 30 goals over a 6' 180lb weakling, whining little looser Ribiero in a hearbeat.

Old
04-02-2006, 03:56 PM
zurg999

All the *****ing and moaning about Bulis' attitude in this thread and not one thing to back up the assertion that he's done anything more than complain about wanting to get back in the lineup.

I'd rather have guys that are pissed about sitting, wouldn't you?

Old
04-02-2006, 03:58 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
All the *****ing and moaning about Bulis' attitude in this thread and not one thing to back up the assertion that he's done anything more than complain about wanting to get back in the lineup.

I'd rather have guys that are pissed about sitting, wouldn't you?
Actually I was talking about Ribeiro, not Bulis. That is another story.

Old
04-02-2006, 03:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
I don't understand the questioning about the way Gainey is doing ; Bullis is having a good season , and if Gainey don't use him now , it's surely because of something betwen them . The fact that Bullis just wants to plays on an offensive role, and that Gainey don't , is making sens .Gainey could also know if Bullis don't wants to returne with the team after the season .

There are probably no relationship with the way he was playing and the fact that he's now benched last games.
Bulis is our worst player when used on PP, even worst than Zednik, he just doesnt have the vision, puck control, the creativity to be there..

The only reason why Bulis is complaining about the way Gainey use him is the fact he is playing for a new contract, not for the team... No need for this kind of player, especially he isnt and will never be a real top 6 while his defensive game is grossely overrated. He is a good forechecker thats it, thx to his speed.

Old
04-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Jason Arnott
bwahahaha! bwahaha! That's hilarious!

Old
04-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I dont care what you say.... I would take a 6'4" 220lb Arnott that can score 30 goals over a 6' 180lb weakling, whining little looser Ribiero in a hearbeat.
Maybe so, but surely not at $5M when you could spend that $5M on an even better player, though?

Arnott isn't bad per se. He's just overrated relative to what his market value is going to be. And that means his flaws are going to be magnified for whoever signs him. I'd rather keep Ribeiro and Bulis, combined, for less than half an Arnott. A chacun son gout. I think I basically had the same opinion of Radek Bonk when he was a Senator. I don't think I was wrong on Bonk. Arnott is going to be a similar deception to whoever signs him to a big fat contract. Still not a bad player, just not in the stratosphere that his salary and reputation seem to place him.

Old
04-02-2006, 04:04 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
bwahahaha! bwahaha! That's hilarious!
Is that you in that avatar Kerberos. Anyway we could do much better at center on our 2nd line. Who it will be Im not sure but I cant see it being Ribs next year. And pesonally I hope not.

Old
04-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Kerberos*

Quote:
Is that you in that avatar Kerberos. Anyway we could do much better at center on our 2nd line. Who it will be Im not sure but I cant see it being Ribs next year. And pesonally I hope not.
Maybe Plekantscore or Boink or Vagin.

Old
04-02-2006, 04:06 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Actually I was talking about Ribeiro, not Bulis. That is another story.
I wasn't referring to you, but as an aside your post makes it obvious you are just another 'player hater' on the board, and I'll file you away as such.

Old
04-02-2006, 04:08 PM
larue*

Quote:
Maybe Plekantscore or Boink or Vagin.
You might want to take the marbles out of your mouth "kitty cat"

Old
04-02-2006, 04:14 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
I wasn't referring to you, but as an aside your post makes it obvious you are just another 'player hater' on the board, and I'll file you away as such.
File me any way you want,,,, I dont care. I watch every game and my opinion on players is my opinion. It is just the way I see it. If you like watching Zednick puck hog all night long and Riberio duck hits and Bulis shy from the corner so be it. I really dont have any use for that crap and I hope Gainey doesnt as well.

Old
04-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Kerberos*

Quote:
You might want to take the marbles out of your mouth "kitty cat"
Why would I do that? I love eating balls. MMMMMMMhh, baaaaaallllls.

Old
04-02-2006, 04:24 PM
larue*

Quote:
Why would I do that? I love eating balls. MMMMMMMhh, baaaaaallllls.
I think you have been into a little too much catnip today kitty.

Old
04-02-2006, 04:37 PM
MissCanuck

This is disappointing, to say the least... I love his speed and what he can create with it. Really wasn't expecting this kind of attitude from him. You don't play your best, you sit. Instead of whining, be professional and realize you have to earn it.
Oh well I guess.

Old
04-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Kerberos*

Quote:
I think you have been into a little too much catnip today kitty.
No, not catnip: crack cocaine mixed with LSD.

Old
04-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Thanks Munch, if I read correctly, Bullis says that by his standards he's doing a good job and he doesn't really understand why he isn't in favor. I think that he doesn't really understand the extras that are expected of players. Last night's game when Plekanec won the puck by outhustling a Bruin, and making a play, Bullis wouldn't have gone full out leaving himself vulnerable in the same way. He protects himself a bit and if he doesn't get that, he won't begin to. You know, it's not a Murray/Bullis question, it's a Pleks/Perez/Bullis question, and Gainey likes the spark the young guys give the team.
It is now obvious the Habs and Bulis will part ways during the summer, but from all that has transpired from Bulis in the last little while, I don't think I'll be too sad. Not to say he's a bad player, but he's a player that no longer fits the makeup of this team.

Old
04-02-2006, 05:44 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I think what hurt him most is his lack of consistent play. Sure he is having close to the best offensive season of his career but it's still not great and came in spurts. Maybe if he had 20 goals and 50 points at this time and it was spread out even, then he could ask for more playing time. I really hoped he could be a go to guy but his time here is up and I just hope they can get something decent for him in the offseason.

Old
04-03-2006, 08:30 AM
paddy

Quote:
Bulis = Rucinsky

Rucinsky>>Bulis

Old
04-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Carbo N8

Too bad, I like Bulis, despite his weaknesses. I thought & hoped he would be with the team for another year or two until we found a better replacement, kinda like other players we have right now.

To me, this just means that Gainey has to find that other player within the system or as a free agent a little sooner. He will & I won't lose any sleep over it.

Old
04-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Joe Cole

Any player that starts to stir up ***** at this time of the year, in the press.... well... they deserve to ride the pine. Good riddence, go home and shut up.

See ya.

Guys like you, who use the press to settle scores... I prefer not to have you.

On the other hand.....

Maybe we should let him play 1 game on the 1st line, and after every shift that he does not score, give him a Sundin/Page bashing on the bench. If he does score, say nothing, and on the next shift if he does not score, start the yelling again.

"How do you like them apples?"

Idiot.

Old
04-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Matrix

Despite all his weaknesses, I don't understand how a game now based on rapidity does not include a player like Bulis but could include a player like these so predictable players and slower players like Zednik or Ribeiro
Bulis WOULD do a better job than Ribeiro centering Kovy or a better job than Zednik on that line.

I would even consider since that line doesn't work AT ALL, I guess it's only me who see that, a combination of :

Kovalev-Bulis-Perezhogin or Kovalev-Bulis-Murray or Pleks somewhere in there.....
But at least, something needs to be done. Why don't you try sitting Zednik, to see how he will come back????

What kind of message does that send. Bulis is angry because he's not playing. But even if it is for him and his contract, don't you all think that for this contract he could work his butt off and help us be a better team. And if he happens to be a team player, don't you think that he's right to wonder how come he doesn't get the chances that Zednik and Ribeiro have, playing on their line and on PP while doing not so great.....

Bulis will be more effective with another team, and I'm not a Bulis basher so next year, I will be rightfully permitted to criticize Gainey for letting him go and see him become a better player. How do you even think he won't have more than 20 goals while he had 17 here playing on a defensive line all year with the great Bonker most of the time, the non-effective Bonker, I might add.....Sure had 4 goals that game, but a guy that score 4 in a game, does show you he can at least contribute. We will never see Downey score 4.......

You should all wish he plays in the West. He'll be much better but we won't face him that much.

Last edited by Matrix: 04-03-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old
04-03-2006, 10:20 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc
I personnaly like bulis but imo gainey wants nothing to do with players that are not willing to accept the role they are given and i think thats a good thing
Bingo

Old
04-03-2006, 10:30 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Yup.

I don't know why things are off the rails with Bulis, while Ribeiro and Zednik keep on playing. Bulis could do either of their jobs better than them right now.

Cheats like a bad poker player.

Old
04-03-2006, 10:53 AM
oli500

I think what pisses gainey off is the fact that bulis has a ton of speed but dosent use it every night. I mean theres no other explaination because this is the new nhl and this new nhl is built for these kind of players. Gainey will not bench a player because hes got something going on againts him, he gives the ice time to players who work hard not only in game but also in practice wich is something to consider. We dont see the habs pratice and maybe bulis is the type of player who slacks off and if he did it one to many times it might of pised gainey right off. Just look at the names of players that have been sat or send down this year, perezhogin,bulis,dagenais,ribeiro,sundstrom all players that sometimes dont give a complete effort. If zednik hasent been sat its oviously because he works hard in practice. Gainey is not the type to play favorites. If youre not working hard youre setting.

Honestly I never really got why theres so much love towards bulis urond this board. Hes no better than ribeiro in my opinion. Some games he can be dominant and others hes invisible. A guy with so much to offer should be more of an impact in my opinion. Hes got weels, he can score, bulis could easily put up 60 point seasons if he just tried a bit harder. People well go on ryders case and bash him because he makes a couple of mistakes and bulis allways gets away with his mistakes. All never understand how players like bulis gets away with alot. Sure ryder makes mistakes here and there but theres a reason why bob hasent sat people like ryder when hes been struglin. Ryder allways works hard in game and during practice even thow he dosent have all the talent in the world and that eventualy pays off stats wise with his 28 goals.

Closed Thread