HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

With & Without Duchene

Old
07-25-2017, 06:27 PM
landy92mack29
Fire Sakic

vCash: 500
With

Andrighetto-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-Jost-Yakupov
Wilson-Compher-Duchene
Comeau-Soderberg-Nieto
Colborne

Zadorov-Johnson
Barberio-Barrie
Bigras-Mironov
Siemens

Without

Landeskog-Dubois-Yakupov
Wilson-Compher-Comeau
UFA/Waiver-Soderberg-Nieto
Colborne

Zadorov-Johnson
Murray/Carlsson-Barrie
Bigras-Mironov
Siemens

landy92mack29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2017, 06:42 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

Assuming Jost starts in the NHL, no Duchene trade, and Bednar continues to hate Soderberg & Colborne:

Andrigetto - MacK - Rantanen
Wilson* - Duchene - Yakubov*
Landeskog* - Jost - Compher*
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau
Colborne

Zads - E.Johnson
Barberio - Barrie
Bigras - Mironov
Lindholm

Varlamov
Bernier
Martin

Last edited by cgf: 07-26-2017 at 12:33 AM.
cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2017, 11:07 PM
MyNHLPearlsOfWisdom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by landy92mack29 View Post
With

Landeskog-Jost-Yakupov
Wilson-Compher-Duchene
Comeau-Soderberg-Nieto
Colborne

Zadorov-Johnson
Barberio-Barrie
Bigras-Mironov
Siemens

Without

Landeskog-Dubois-Yakupov
Wilson-Compher-Comeau
UFA/Waiver-Soderberg-Nieto
Colborne

Zadorov-Johnson
Murray/Carlsson-Barrie
Bigras-Mironov
Siemens
I can't see Dubois coming back bro ... no way https://youtu.be/_4JxYZhQZqk

MyNHLPearlsOfWisdom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2017, 07:16 AM
Cousin Eddie
You Serious Clark?

Compher was used at centre by Bednar pretty much every game last year. Especially later in the season when he was at his best. He even played centre when he was on a line with Duchene. I don't think that's an accident. That's where the Avs want him.

I think any projected lineup with Compher on the wing is wrong.

Old
07-30-2017, 08:39 AM
neelynugs

assuming jost makes the team this fall, how would you guys line up the forwards? obviously duchene situation is in flux, but as of today, jost on second line?

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2017, 10:09 AM
AvsFan2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
assuming jost makes the team this fall, how would you guys line up the forwards? obviously duchene situation is in flux, but as of today, jost on second line?
Most likely. Andrighetto - MacKinnon - Rantanen performed really well to end the year so I assume they keep that line together to at least start the year and see if that chemistrys still there. Then that most likely leaves Landeskog - Jost - Yakupov. Like you said, depends if Duchene is there.

AvsFan2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2017, 10:40 AM
Foppberg

Which at this point, I think he will be.

I'll be surprised if Duchene is moved, sadly.

Foppberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Warm Cookies
Breakin Records

Pens fan coming in peace...why is Duchene lining up on the wing in so many projections so a guy with 5 points in 21 NHL games can play center instead?

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2017, 04:31 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Cookies View Post
Pens fan coming in peace...why is Duchene lining up on the wing in so many projections so a guy with 5 points in 21 NHL games can play center instead?
One has a future here and one doesn't.

We also have a lack of wingers and half the fanbase is convinced Duchene plays better at wing.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Warm Cookies
Breakin Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
One has a future here and one doesn't.

We also have a lack of wingers and half the fanbase is convinced Duchene plays better at wing.
I can't imagine it'd do much for Duchene's value if the Avs decided he's best suited to the wing, but what do I know haha. Thanks for the input.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2017, 05:03 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Cookies View Post
I can't imagine it'd do much for Duchene's value if the Avs decided he's best suited to the wing, but what do I know haha. Thanks for the input.
What's going to help his value the most is to put up points. And he takes a lot of faceoffs anyway. It's not that he can't play center, it's that the lineup works better that way. We have two legitimate top 6 wingers and we want to develop the young guys at center so this is the solution.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2017, 05:56 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Jost wants to be in the NHL and wants to be a center

"There are a lot bigger guys. You're going against some big [defensemen] and some big centers. I want to be playing center and winning faceoffs. And I take a lot of pride in the defensive side of things. Those are two things I can really bear down on this summer, come into camp and feel good about it."

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2017, 06:25 AM
Sea Eagles

One more signing please Super Joe:

Andrighetto - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Duchene - Yakupov
Wilson - Jost - Compher
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau

Zadorov - Johnson
Barberio - Barrie
Franson - Mirinov

Varlamov
Bernier

And we are competing for the playoffs.

Sea Eagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2017, 09:29 AM
the_fan

With Duchene Avs will get 55 points, without 40 points.

Edit: Sorry Sea Eagles, I know you have high hopes for this team, but I just don't see playoff contention right now. This team still has tons of holes and question marks.

Can the top players be more consistent, can someone provide good leadership. Remember how mentally fragile this team was last season, they played every game not to lose instead of to win. I just don't see all that changing within a year.

Last edited by the_fan: 07-31-2017 at 09:48 AM.
the_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Jost wants to be in the NHL and wants to be a center

"There are a lot bigger guys. You're going against some big [defensemen] and some big centers. I want to be playing center and winning faceoffs. And I take a lot of pride in the defensive side of things. Those are two things I can really bear down on this summer, come into camp and feel good about it."
I believe both of those things will happen. Something would have to go very wrong in camp/preseason for him not to be in the NHL. I think even if he didn't get stronger and looks exactly like he did at the end of last season, he'll still be in the NHL.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
With Duchene Avs will get 55 points, without 40 points.

Edit: Sorry Sea Eagles, I know you have high hopes for this team, but I just don't see playoff contention right now. This team still has tons of holes and question marks.

Can the top players be more consistent, can someone provide good leadership. Remember how mentally fragile this team was last season, they played every game not to lose instead of to win. I just don't see all that changing within a year.

They're a significantly better team then last year without Duchene.

They'll be a bottom 3-4 team in the league. But the wont be anywhere close to the 48 points they had last year. Upper 60's to low 70s is much more likely.

In a dog fight with Vegas, Detroit, and probably Vancouver for the best shot at Dahlin.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2017, 11:54 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post

They're a significantly better team then last year without Duchene.

They'll be a bottom 3-4 team in the league. But the wont be anywhere close to the 48 points they had last year. Upper 60's to low 70s is much more likely.

In a dog fight with Vegas, Detroit, and probably Vancouver for the best shot at Dahlin.
How exactly are they a better team than last year? They haven't really add anything other than Yakupov a bust, and a 3rd line player Wilson. I don't see that make them a better team

Old
08-02-2017, 12:53 AM
Pokecheque
armoredheadspace

Quote:
How exactly are they a better team than last year? They haven't really add anything other than Yakupov a bust, and a 3rd line player Wilson. I don't see that make them a better team
Addition by subtraction. They got rid of a lot of players who were either too old, too slow, or too soft. Even the minor addition of Matt Nieto down the stretch made a noticeable impact (not huge by any means, just noticeable).

The additions are all younger and faster at the very least, that should make them something more than a generationally-bad team.

Pokecheque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Sea Eagles

Quote:
You're only as bad as your depth the_fan. Here are the bottom two lines that faced The Dallas Stars opening night 2016 (that we won 6-5 mind you):

Gabriel Borque - Joe Colborne - Rene Borque
Blake Comeau - Ben Smith - Andreas Martinsen
(Cody Mcleod)

vs. say if you go off the team I suggested:

Colin Wilson - Tyson Jost - J T Compher
Matt Nieto - Carl Soderberg - Blake Comeau
(Joe Colborne)

MILES ahead - I wouldn't even call it close.

Let's go in goal:

Semyon Varlamov (playing hurt) & Calvin Pickard vs Semyon Varlamov (healthy) & Jonathan Bernier

At LEAST, I'll call that a wash (to be fair to you).

Our defense on that night included Beauchemin, Weircioch and Tyutin (all gone for obvious reasons), replaced by Barberio (who absolutely outplayed those three, while not being a superstar), and two younger, faster, hungrier (I bet) up and comers like Mirinov (who plays like Ryan Wilson on steroids) and someone else. We also get Zadorov back (hopefully). Therefore, we are HEAPS better on D.

Our top 6 started last season with Grigorenko, Iginla, Soderberg, Duchene, Mackinnon & Landy. Next season, we have Rantanen, Yakupov, Andrighetto (who had HEAPS of chemistry with on his line), Landy, Duchene & Mackinnon, so again, a MASSIVE improvement.

Sorry mate, this team is miles and miles ahead of last years team on so, so many levels.

Old
08-02-2017, 02:04 AM
the_fan

I know some people still believe in the core and think that the problem is the defense and the depth players. I for one believe the biggest problem with the Avs is their core guys. They're just not good enough. They are good individual players but this team just isn't constructed the right way with the right mix of players. The Avs need a rebuild

Old
08-02-2017, 02:44 AM
Sea Eagles

Quote:
I know some people still believe in the core and think that the problem is the defense and the depth players. I for one believe the biggest problem with the Avs is their core guys. They're just not good enough. They are good individual players but this team just isn't constructed the right way with the right mix of players. The Avs need a rebuild
I agree, but our core players have either been injured, have had changes to their line-mates, have been asked to change systems, under new coaches, in an environment that has become used to losing, and culture is something very difficult to change.

That's why the additions of Wilson + Bernier (while not earth shattering) may have roll on affects on the rest of the group in a very positive way.

So, who are the core? I'd say Varly, Big Z, Barrie, EJ, Mack, Dutchy,l Landy & I'm adding Rants to that.

Varly: Had surgery and may play injury free for the first time in forever
EJ: Was injured. ALSO lost his partner in Zad. Hopefully stays fit, gets some consistency
Zad: Was improving (under Bednar), exponentially. Just stay fit, and continue on that trajectory.
Barrie: Had a POOR season, and still got almost 40 points. Just needs to become clutch again. Stay with Barbs
Mack: Really had offensive chemistry with Ghetto and Rants. Who says that can't continue & also improve?
Dutchy: Has gone from Grigs and Iggy to Landy and Yak. Come on now, he's going to improve BIG time (who wouldn't?)

The core is going into this season in a much better position, WITHOUT a coach that has taken off, with winners like Bennett helping them on offense (from a team who's offense came 12th overall) & a darned goalie coach that WANTS to be here (and not one that publicly states he'll just see out his contract in Allaire (who was darned part time at that).

People are free to deride and be as hard on the team as they like (and fair enough, last season wasn't good enough), but to say the peripherals, boundaries, expectation, culture, depth isn't improved already, is just wrong.

Now, I'm expecting this team to shock many this season (get Franson, I'd expect a lot more), and shock in a great way. On paper, this teams towels last years team. Great to see Dutchy working so hard this off season.

Get excited people !! Only 8 weeks until Avs hockey, and gosh, I NEED some hockey in my life right now. Imagine Dutchy & Yakupov were the perfect foil for each other, and totally light it up !! I'm pumped boys and girls, really, really pumped !

Old
08-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Did Colborne play center for you guys, or was he on the RW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Eagles View Post
Our top 6 started last season with Grigorenko, Iginla, Soderberg, Duchene, Mackinnon & Landy. Next season, we have Rantanen, Yakupov, Andrighetto (who had HEAPS of chemistry with on his line), Landy, Duchene & Mackinnon, so again, a MASSIVE improvement.
I don't think I've ever seen 'Yakupov' and 'Massive improvement' in the same sentence before. I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll do though, I hope he gets back on track.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Sea Eagles

It will all come down to chemistry my friend. Have faith.

Old
08-02-2017, 12:00 PM
the_fan

One player that can help the Avs improve and go from 48 points to maybe 60 or 70 is Varlamov. If he's fully healthy and doesn't get bothered by his chronic groin issue again, 60 or 70 points is possible, if not then i still don't see any big improvement.

Without healthy Varly this is still a 50 point or so team. The changes that have been made, mostly getting rid of older players wont bump this team from 48 points to 70 points alone. They gonna need Varly to be completely healthy and stand on his head.

Last edited by the_fan: 08-02-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old
08-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Sea Eagles

Quote:
One player that can help the Avs improve and go from 48 points to maybe 60 or 70 is Varlamov. If he's fully healthy and doesn't get bothered by his chronic groin issue again, 60 or 70 points is possible, if not then i still don't see any big improvement.

Without healthy Varly this is still a 50 point or so team. The changes that have been made, mostly getting rid of older players wont bump this team from 48 points to 70 points alone. They gonna need Varly to be completely healthy and stand on his head.
What's Bernier mate? Swiss cheese? The guy is still young, and an absolute God send.