HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Someone injure Zednik now...

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2006, 09:37 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

vCash: 500
Someone injure Zednik now...

Please.

I was watching him last night, HE'S AWFUL.
With a better winger, Kovy could've had 2-3 breaks yesterday and two 2 on 1... Zednik is just brutal, his passing is deficient, his shot doesnt hit the target, when it does, it's a pee-wee slapshot. No doubt Kovy is pissed playing with him...

Old
04-02-2006, 09:51 AM
habfan4

I'm not going to pretend to be thrilled with Zednik's performance this season, no question he's been a big disappointment. Perhaps we shouldn't be so eager to throw under performing players under a bus. Point in case, early this season a lot of posters were calling for Souray's head.

BTW: Calling for Zed to be injured crosses the line.

Old
04-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

I dunno lately he seems to be playing alot better.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
I'm sure Kostitsyn would do better then Zednik is.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:16 AM
ludger

How old are you to ask for an injury

Old
04-02-2006, 10:21 AM
zecchi

Zednik is like a slow car on the highway. When we looked at the roster at the beginning of the year, the guy we could count on on offense were Koivu, Kovalev and Zednik, the others being a bunch of question marks. Then, he's been gradually outplayed by everybody on the roster, even Mark Streit. Even Aaron Downey. Even Garth Murray.

My opinion on him has always been: good forechecker, but he's afraid to take hit. Good shot, but can't get it on the net. Good skater, but doesn't want to skate, a glider. Can't pass. Can't defend. Can't block shots. Can't fight. Can't shave.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Mathletic

Raphael, where are you ?

Old
04-02-2006, 10:31 AM
mcphee

I thought he put in a good effort last night, worked hard, he at least moved the puck. He'll never make creative plays, but he didn't hold onto it as long as usual. I thought both he and Ribs worked hard, they got nothing to show for it, but the effort was there. It's weird how he has no finish these days, has no timing on his shot, but if he works like last night, and keeps coming back, like he did last night, let him work thru it.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:34 AM
zecchi

I want to see him in front of the net more. Rebound goals aren't the prettiest, but they count on the scoreboard.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecchi
I want to see him in front of the net more. Rebound goals aren't the prettiest, but they count on the scoreboard.
Yeah, me too. He needs to pick up the garbage in front of the goalies.

Here's hoping he turns into that playoff warrior again.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:51 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan 32
I'm sure Kostitsyn would do better then Zednik is.
Well even i would be better than Zednik, so that's not saying much. As for Kostitsyn, he's not even good in the AHL...

Old
04-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD
Well even i would be better than Zednik, so that's not saying much. As for Kostitsyn, he's not even good in the AHL...
Any chance you would provide us with your real name? That way we might be able to find some scouting reports on you and we can see in just what areas you'd be better than Zed. As for the original post asking for Zed to be injured, thats just flat out low. How about hoping he regains his form? Hoping Gainey gives him less responsibility until he gets back into his stride? Nope? About that injury, would you want it career threatening or not?

As for the Kostitsyn comment above, for a few games this year he has been dominant, a decent portion of the season he has been good and the rest he has either been average or below (start of the season) or inconsistant. If AK wasn't good in the AHL, his coach wouldn't have him on a top scoring line, wouldn't let him quarterback one of the PP units and wouldn't give him any PK time or let him see the ice at the end of close games.

Old
04-02-2006, 12:52 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
Yeah, me too. He needs to pick up the garbage in front of the goalies.

Here's hoping he turns into that playoff warrior again.
All of us would love to see this...he is a playoff warrior, and so is Kovy...

Old
04-02-2006, 01:05 PM
David_99

I remember a very short while ago, someone started a thread on best habs trades ever. Quite a few people said the Linden, Zubrus for Zednik, Bulis, Perezhogan trade was right up there(I agree it was an excellent trade). But now what three habs are getting blasted the most these days? See above.

Old
04-02-2006, 02:15 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludger
How old are you to ask for an injury

Old
04-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I think he is just pissed off that Habs are on a winning streak and not losing all the games like he predicts we will.

Old
04-02-2006, 09:38 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Get over it, the thread of the title was sarcastic.

But damn, watch him play next game and think you're Kovalev on the ice. Sure, we can see more then a player from the TV screen, but ffs sometimes Kovy is just 6 feets beside alone in front of the net and Zednik is trying to keep it between his skates or pass it blindly.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:20 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

I have hated Zednik's game all year and have posted this numerous times.

He doesn't do anything well and is a liability in so many areas.

He is NOT a power forward, they create space for their linemates, drive to the net, stand in front of the net on the PP and are intimating to the defense.

Zednik is afraid to do all those things.

His assinine "one hand one the stick" , wrap around move have not worked and it known by every NHL defenseman and goalie in the league.

He is NOT a sniper.

His shot is neither accurate or powerful, and he can't seem to recive a pass cleaning to get a decent shot off!

He is so disinterested in playing defense in his own zone, it's appaling. His idea is to either to lay his stick on the ice or stand in the middle of the ice waiting for someone else to his work on the half wall.

If we get 6th or 7th place this year, that would be fantastic. If we want to move up into the 4th or 5th position and even challange a team like Ottawa or Carolina in the regular season next year, our second line simply CANNOT include Zednik or Ribero.

If Bob can package him in a deal even to get a 2nd round pick in the 2007 NHL entry draft, we'd be in much better shape.

let the kids battle for that 2nd line wing position, they may make some mistake, but the effort would be there!

Old
04-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I thought he put in a good effort last night, worked hard, he at least moved the puck. He'll never make creative plays, but he didn't hold onto it as long as usual. I thought both he and Ribs worked hard, they got nothing to show for it, but the effort was there. It's weird how he has no finish these days, has no timing on his shot, but if he works like last night, and keeps coming back, like he did last night, let him work thru it.
Agreed. Both he and Franchise played a half decent game. Personally, I think Zedder's problem last night was his inability (disinterest?) in going to the front of the net. He's been doing better and better lugging the puck into the zone and maintaining control. In the last couple of games he's even added some mediocre passing to that possession. Now he needs to work on his play off the puck, which has been sadly lacking. Goal scorers head to the front of the net where they take punishment before slotting home. Zed is perimeter except for one or two times a night. Not good enough for a goal scorer.

Old
04-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Slick Nick

I don't know how much longer we can wait for Zed to get going. He had a few good weeks in terms of effort, but he can't even get a decent shot on the net latetly. Since I've been labeled as the antithesis of Stephan_Latulipe aka "Bulis freak" with my rant on Murray, I have to say that Bulis would be a better fit on the second line. A lot of people seem to agree with this position.

Some people argued about Bulis' defensive game, but IMO he's still one of our most reliable players when it comes to backchecking (+4). I also feel a lot more confrotable with two natural centers, Ribeiro and Bulis, on a draw in our zone. Bulis is also faster and by far a better passer, and while it's sounds unlikly... a better scorer... this year.

Edit:

I was watching the stats;

-6th pointer
-4th scorer
-2nd in shot/goal % (amongs forwards that played a significative number of games)
-4th on the +/- chart (missed most games in the winning streak)
-9th in PP goals ( 3 goals, with very low PP icetime)
-Scored one of the 7 SH goals.
-3rd with 3 game winner goals.
-Tied the game once, only Kovy and Shelly each have done so.

Stats from Habsworld.org, NHL.com is frozen for me.

Last edited by Slick Nick: 04-03-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old
04-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned
Please.

I was watching him last night, HE'S AWFUL.
With a better winger, Kovy could've had 2-3 breaks yesterday and two 2 on 1... Zednik is just brutal, his passing is deficient, his shot doesnt hit the target, when it does, it's a pee-wee slapshot. No doubt Kovy is pissed playing with him...
no matter what you think of a certain player, its pretty sickening for somebody to wish another player gets an injury

Old
04-03-2006, 02:27 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
No one will be doing anything but praising Zednik when the playoffs start and he wraps up his first round with over a point a game.

Old
04-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Transported Upstater

Ignore list was just updated.

Old
04-03-2006, 02:55 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Just wait till the playoffs start... he is going to burn everyone

and with Huet were gonna go far

memo: must get a legit 2nd line center. Ribeiro is NOT legit. (for the playoffs anyways)

Old
04-03-2006, 03:53 AM
alecfromtherock

Last season 81-26-24-50 +5 looks absolutely gleaming when compared to his current 62-14-14-28 –4.

I always thought Zed has some skill and that the ‘new NHL’ would greatly aid him but something went horribly, horribly wrong.

03-04 playoff stats:

11-3-3-6 +7 2PIM 1GWG S%9.4

Career Playoff PPG 0.64 and some people are saying Zed will become a playoff warrior with a PPG

Playoffs = KKRSH(pronounced kurrrrr ish) Even a Leafs fans can figure out what players the initials stand for

Closed Thread