HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Columbus @ Nashville 4/3 7:00 PM CST

Old
04-03-2006, 02:40 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
GDT: Columbus @ Nashville 4/3 7:00 PM CST

vs.
Nashville Predators vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
7:00 CST @ Gaylord Entertainment Center
Records: Nashville 43-23-8 (94 points), Columbus 31-40-3 (65 points)

Injuries (according to this morning's Tennessean):
Predators: LW Steve Sullivan (groin) is questionable, D Marek Zidlicky (shoulder) is doubtful.
Blue Jackets: None

Game Notes: Predators face a stiff challenge tonight as the Blue Jackets, winners of five straight games, come to town in the eighth and final meeting between the two franchises. Nashville leads the season series 5-1-1 in which the Predators have outscored Columbus 33-20. The Predators will most likely be without Sullivan and Zidlicky again, but do regain the services of LW Darcy Hordichuk fresh off his 3 game suspension. Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash has scored 10 points in his last 7 games and has scored 46 points (26 goals, 20 assists) in 46 games since returning from a preseason knee injury. Paul Kariya (3 goals, 6 assists) and Scott Hartnell (5 goals, 2 assists) lead the Predators in scoring vs. Columbus this season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
6-2 Preds, all Preds goals coming on the PP

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Matt Foley*

The GEC has been a Little Shop of Horrors for the Jackets this season - I think they've lost each game there by at least four goals this season.

Best of luck to the Preds tonight, as well as in your playoff run.

Matt Foley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 11:25 AM
WrightOn

It should be easier for y'all without Zherdev in the lineup tonight.

Watch out, though, Chimera learned the toe-drag!

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Predators goalie Vokoun to miss tonight's game

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 01:13 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Just when I thought our chances got evern worse with the Zherdev announcement the Preds counter with an announcement of their own.

Preds without Zidlicky, Sullivan and now Vokoun.

CBJ without Zherdev, Berard and Rupp.

While your at it, feel free to sit Kariya tonight as well

Mason will probably shut us out

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Let's see Pekka!!!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 03:16 PM
muddycreek*

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
Let's see Pekka!!!
WHY PUNISH MASON? Do you dislike him? He's been steady all year and surely deserves better than to sit of Pekka or anyone other than Thomas right now IMO!

muddycreek* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
6-2 Preds, all Preds goals coming on the PP
I think its likely that we get 2 goals on the PP, but I think the game will be closer. 4-3 Preds with the gwg coming in the third period from Scott Walker.

04-03-2006, 05:08 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'm quite bummed because for a long time I was planning on taking a trip to Nashville to see the last game and this one, but financially and time wise it just didn't work out

The Preds better run up the score on the Jackets tonight in memory of me not being there!!!!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 09:05 PM
DougKnowsBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
The Preds better run up the score on the Jackets
Doesnt look like there will be any score running up. Although with all the penelteis we took in the first half of the game the score should of been out of hand. Sounds like leclaire really stood on his head.

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 09:32 PM
CBJ

no offense to nashville... but we got the game up here on your FSN station this time instead of ours... how do you deal with those announcers??? they sound like they are bored out of their minds!!

CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 09:44 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

The only thing better than watching us stick it to Nashville tonight will be watching Nashville stick it to Detroit in the playoffs.
On second thought, sticking it to Nashville for once is probably better.
And even though it doesn't happen often, it sure do feel good when the sun finally hits your *** once in a while........

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
I'm quite bummed because for a long time I was planning on taking a trip to Nashville to see the last game and this one, but financially and time wise it just didn't work out
Bummer. One of the Columbus posters made the trip to Nashville earlier in the year and had a great time, with nothing but good things to say about the arena, fans, etc. I'm going to get down there next year for sure.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 10:41 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

can't blow two 5 on 3s, 5 straight power plays(such cute passing, i must say) and expect to win. mike sillinger was snakebit tonight. first he put the puck off the pipe with leclaire sprawled and the net wide open, then he couldn't get the puck on his stick in a similar scenario.

Bummer. Playing Anaheim in the first round won't be fun anyway you shake it, but playing them from the fifth position will be almost a sure first round out for us. Better start winning these games. That's 5 of the last 6.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

This has been the hardest season for me to watch as a fan of this team. We are the streakiest team in the league. If we want to win in the playoffs, our special teams HAVE to start doing better. The PP unit is continuing to struggle in a major way, this time squandering numerous oppurtunities against a terrible PK.....and allowing another short handed goal.

*Yuck*

Ah well, we are making our easy schedule down the stretch, look extremely, extremely tough....dropping 2 at home also points to our lacklasture play of late....

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Nitrous Mafia

I have faith.

GO PREDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 01:31 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
can't blow two 5 on 3s, 5 straight power plays(such cute passing, i must say) and expect to win.
too much of that "cute passing." On the PP, and just going down the ice 5 on 5 we try for the perfect pass on every play. Instead of someone just going down the wing and getting a shot, he passes the puck to the guy coming down the middle with one or two other guys drapped all over his back hoping for a deflection/tip in goal but the pass goes by the guy or is deflected away. Or we just try a drop pass which gets turned over. CBJ PP tonight was pass pass shot, pass pass pass shot. Ours was pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass deflected shot pass pass pass clear/fail to hold in.

But to be fair, we did have some good chances tonight and some hit posts and Leclaire made some really great saves.

First CBJ goal was apparently supposed to be icing. We stopped playing and CBJ didn't. They got a goal, probably should have been stopped. But can't fault Mason on any of the other goals.

Mason played very well. Eaton played well. Erat had some good drive.

And oh the turnovers tonight. Oh the horrors.

There is no excuse for us to come out and not get at least a freaking point out of the game. We were at home for crying out loud! I don't know what's going on in their heads to not come out like they did against detroit. These other teams are about to overtake us for the 4th spot and we don't seem to care.

And some of the people who call our post game show are stuuupid.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 05:18 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

something that mystified me...right after the Jackets scored(shorthanded,) Pete and Terry were wondering why the Preds were still on the PP, and made numerous references to it.

But...the Jackets scored...with Shelley in the box. Why would they think he was supposed to come out??

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 07:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

We lost tonight because we didn't pay the price to score. We played like at team that thought it deserved to win instead of a team wanted to win. No traffic, no one crashing the net, just that cute perimeter passing game we try to play every once in a while.

Why is Adam Hall dressing over Upshall? He's competely invisible out there, has no chemistry with Johnson at all and isn't driving the net like the Hall of last season.

I know I've been hard on Erat this season, but he looked good last night, that line was the only one that worked.

Put Scott Walker back on the powerplay, especially on a 5-3. Get Markov off, he can't hold the puck in good enough.

Could Kimmo get any lazier than his first penalty, that was awful.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 07:37 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
something that mystified me...right after the Jackets scored(shorthanded,) Pete and Terry were wondering why the Preds were still on the PP, and made numerous references to it.

But...the Jackets scored...with Shelley in the box. Why would they think he was supposed to come out??
much like the missed icing call.....human error....they must have been mistaken thinking that the Jackets were on the PP, rather than being shorthanded.

Anyway...difficult game to watch, because we just couldn't get a bounce or a break. I don't think LeClaire played that outstanding of a game, I just think we were snakebit, and that is going to happen sometimes....

For the life of me, I can't understand why Trotz...complaining of not having a right handed shot on the PP both on the pregame and postgame, with Z and Sully out.....would choose to sit Weber and forgo a right handed shot on the point.....if he has to rotate Suter in fine....if Eaton and Markov need to get their timing back fine....let Hammer take a break for a night.

BTW, Markov on the top of the umbrella is a joke....he has a fake shot about as convincing as the intelligence of the post game caller, Gary last night...

Mason played a good, solid game.....Tomas's injury may be a "blessing in disguise" as it will force him to take a mental break before the playoffs and keep Trotz from being tempted about abusing him. Thought it was funny Trotz's quip when asked how Tomas hurt his back....."From carrying us all season"..

If we can't score on back to back 5on3s in the 2nd, we deserve to lose....I turned to Pred303 at that point and said..."Game Over" even before they scored that 2nd goal shortly after not scoring on them...

This team is just not a good team without Steve Sullivan, plain and simple.....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 08:54 AM
RollingPredFan

No doubt that Sullivan was missed. Also think that Zidlicky is needed for the PP... But hey Jackets didn't have Zherdev. Mason was fine. Markov has had 2 awful turnovers that came back to bite us in the butt. Man the 2nd period was frustrating. We had chance after chance, almost the whole period was a power play and even two 2 man advantages and zippo. LOL thing is Jackets had like 2 shots that whole period and took the lead

Just one of those night I guess, we had chances and didn't make the most of them... the Jackets are alot better than their record I think. This isn't any way to head to the playoffs though, if we back in, we will have a quick exit

Just need to get healthy and on a roll, the way we are playing I really dont know if we can go to Chicago and get a win They gave the Avalanche fits last night and last time we were there we got shutout, and we are in a scoring funk right now

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:07 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Why is Adam Hall dressing over Upshall? He's competely invisible out there, has no chemistry with Johnson at all and isn't driving the net like the Hall of last season.
I wish we had competent sports journalists who would really grill Trotz on this.

With all these questionable coaching moves, I was baffled by Trotz' plan. But I understand his madness. He was pushing the wrong button and that got us to the problem we are in. But he knows the right button to push now.

The problem

The solution

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:44 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by love_the_bugs
no offense to nashville... but we got the game up here on your FSN station this time instead of ours... how do you deal with those announcers??? they sound like they are bored out of their minds!!

did you not watch the game, because it was really boring.

a craptastic effort gets you a craptastic game and leaves you with a craptastic outcome. There really isnt much more to say.

Those PP units were horrible. They..ah, forget it.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Put Scott Walker back on the powerplay, especially on a 5-3. Get Markov off, he can't hold the puck in good enough.
Exactly, everyone bemoaning the fact we need right handed shots on the PP and Walker does not see a second of PP time. I know they are trying to bring him along slowly, but besides Erat I thought Walker was skating as well as anyone.
I was amazed that he was not put out there last night...

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote