HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

so who going to leave at the end of the season?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2006, 05:56 PM
  #26
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Theres a message board on rds.ca that would fit you well, if thats not good enough, theres a site called espn.com that would love your insight.
I will check out rds.ca, I have no desire to check out espn.com, the board of trolls.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 05:57 PM
  #27
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
I will check out rds.ca, I have no desire to check out espn.com, the board of trolls.
Was I too subtle? here I'll spell it out for you:


You make no sense and thus ****** boards would fit you well.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 06:03 PM
  #28
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Was I too subtle? here I'll spell it out for you:


You make no sense and thus ****** boards would fit you well.
What have I said that does not make sense except my prediction earlier Huet would play only 2 more games about a month ago, which I admit was dumb. What else have I said that does not make sense?

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 06:16 PM
  #29
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
What have I said that does not make sense except my prediction earlier Huet would play only 2 more games about a month ago, which I admit was dumb. What else have I said that does not make sense?
That is why there was a thread on here earlier that was titled:

Ryder=AHL material. :biglaugh

Ryder-Habs are dissapointed in him
Ribiero-Habs are dissapointed in him too
Souray-I dont know, just a gut feeling something will happen.
Huet-Montreal's 1-year, $1 million contract wont be good

Huet just plays great against Thomas since he is jealous of Thomas since Thomas has already been given a much better contract than the one he will be offered

I dont think Kiprusoff should win the Vezina at all. If Huet does not win it, it should Lundquist or Vokoun. Kiprusoff does not deserve it, but he is overhyped because he plays for a Canadian city, just as Brodeur, as outstanding as he is, is overhyped because he is Canada's #1. If Lundquist or Vokoun win the Vezina(
or Huet)I might actually gain respect for those politicaly biased voters who come up with farce winner after farce winner.

Nash is probably the most overrated player in the history of the game. He has NEVER been part of a winning team at any level, there are probably over 100 NHL players who have actually won something, he has won nothing, never a World Championship, never a world Cup, never an Olympic medal, never a major junior title, NOTHING! He never will anything significant either, mark my words, any major event that has Nash on the team the team will not win, gaurantee it as I have for 4 years and have not been proven wrong yet. He has never finished in the top 30 in NHL scoring, and his PPG this year is not in the top 30 either even had he been healthy all year. He has no defensive abilities, no neutral zone abilities, no leaderhip skills. He has won no individual award that was not shared or done strictly by a stat(which discounts his Maurice Richard since it was a big tie, and done strictly by a limited stat), there are probably over 50 that have done this. He does not have the ability to make players around him better



This is on your first-second history, I dont even want to look at the rest. You almost always make outlandish claims.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 06:26 PM
  #30
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Ryder-Habs are dissapointed in him
Ribiero-Habs are dissapointed in him too
Souray-I dont know, just a gut feeling something will happen.
Huet-Montreal's 1-year, $1 million contract wont be good
WEll in my opinion the Habs want more from Ryder and Ribiero than they are getting, moreso Ribiero though. Souray I did not say they were dissapointed in him, just a hunch he might be trade bait.


Quote:
Huet just plays great against Thomas since he is jealous of Thomas since Thomas has already been given a much better contract than the one he will be offered
Nothing wrong with this. A 1-year contract for 1 million is roughly 30% the gauranteed employment in the NHL as Thomas, 1 year to 3 years to be exact, and roughly 30% the gauranteed salary total of Thomas, 1 million to 3.3 million to be exact. This despite Thomas being just as old, and having even less NHL experience this year, the reasons those who claim Huet deserves only a 1-year 1 million contract give him not deserving more, despite those factors being even more true for Thomas than Huet. I would be jealous too.


Quote:
I dont think Kiprusoff should win the Vezina at all. If Huet does not win it, it should Lundquist or Vokoun. Kiprusoff does not deserve it, but he is overhyped because he plays for a Canadian city, just as Brodeur, as outstanding as he is, is overhyped because he is Canada's #1. If Lundquist or Vokoun win the Vezina(
or Huet)I might actually gain respect for those politicaly biased voters who come up with farce winner after farce winner.
There is nothing wrong with this at all. Vokoun has had just as good a SV%, and just as good in many stats as Kiprusoff despite playing on a less outstanding defensive team than the one Kiprusoff plays on. Lundquist has better stats in every area than Kiprusoff, again on a less outstanding defensive team. Brodeur definitely did not deserve his 2004 Vezina, Luongo had over 2% better a SV% for the year playing on a team that gives up almost 50 shots a game. The claim that both Brodeur and Kiprusoff are overhyped because they are either Canada's top goalie or Canadian teams top goalie for a couple years now definitely has merit. Also if you dont believe winners of NHL awards are based on politics in any way, then you have been in a coma.

Quote:
Nash is probably the most overrated player in the history of the game. He has NEVER been part of a winning team at any level, there are probably over 100 NHL players who have actually won something, he has won nothing, never a World Championship, never a world Cup, never an Olympic medal, never a major junior title, NOTHING! He never will anything significant either, mark my words, any major event that has Nash on the team the team will not win, gaurantee it as I have for 4 years and have not been proven wrong yet. He has never finished in the top 30 in NHL scoring, and his PPG this year is not in the top 30 either even had he been healthy all year. He has no defensive abilities, no neutral zone abilities, no leaderhip skills. He has won no individual award that was not shared or done strictly by a stat(which discounts his Maurice Richard since it was a big tie, and done strictly by a limited stat), there are probably over 50 that have done this. He does not have the ability to make players around him better[/I]
Well all of this is true. There has never been a team that has won a significant championship with Nash on it. True he is only 1 player, but he never was a difference maker when he had a chance to be. Until a team with Nash on it actually wins something big I can repeatedly make this claim, which is based on fact, whether people like it or not. Everything else I said is true, he was not even in the top 30 in scoring the year he won the goal-scoring title, and he would be outside the top 20 this year based on his PPG even if he had been healthy all year.
His biggest praises are somewhat unwarranted since how can he be said to have been the best player at a tournament he won no individual award for(2005 Worlds), if he was this he would have won atleast one individual award.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 06:42 PM
  #31
StanAjax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nantes
Country: France
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Ryder-Habs are dissapointed in him
Ribiero-Habs are dissapointed in him too
Souray-I dont know, just a gut feeling something will happen.
Huet-Montreal's 1-year, $1 million contract wont be good enough

Add to your gone list :
- The Optimism club - they are depressed by so much pessimism from your part.
- Wildone26 - the HF Boards are disappointed with his hinsight.


StanAjax is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 06:43 PM
  #32
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
I am a very positive person. I dont know what you are talking about.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 06:46 PM
  #33
Strazzobosco
Registered User
 
Strazzobosco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Well all of this is true. There has never been a team that has won a significant championship with Nash on it. True he is only 1 player, but he never was a difference maker when he had a chance to be. Until a team with Nash on it actually wins something big I can repeatedly make this claim, which is based on fact, whether people like it or not. Everything else I said is true, he was not even in the top 30 in scoring the year he won the goal-scoring title, and he would be outside the top 20 this year based on his PPG even if he had been healthy all year.
His biggest praises are somewhat unwarranted since how can he be said to have been the best player at a tournament he won no individual award for(2005 Worlds), if he was this he would have won atleast one individual award.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, neither did Saku...
I don't see you questioning his ability as a hockey player, nor as a leader. Don't be too quick; you cannot deny the fact he was Canada's best player at the World Championiship last year, and probably the only reason he didn't win the MVP was because he beat up a ref....

Strazzobosco is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 06:50 PM
  #34
StanAjax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nantes
Country: France
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumitru123
Hmm, neither did Saku...
I don't see you questioning his ability as a hockey player, nor as a leader. Don't be too quick; you cannot deny the fact he was Canada's best player at the World Championiship last year, and probably the only reason he didn't win the MVP was because he beat up a ref....


Ah, don't bother him, we'll now have the pleasure to rediscover Saku's Finnish / International achievements... Not that it doesn't make me glad, but ***...

By the way, Wildone26, you're definitely someone.....different.

StanAjax is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 06:51 PM
  #35
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumitru123
Hmm, neither did Saku...
I don't see you questioning his ability as a hockey player, nor as a leader. Don't be too quick; you cannot deny the fact he was Canada's best player at the World Championiship last year, and probably the only reason he didn't win the MVP was because he beat up a ref....
Well if you are right and he was held back from winning an award because he beat up a ref that is wrong, if he was suspended that is it, but he wasnt, and that should not be a factor. A player should be judged on the merit of what they did when deciding on awards, not personal grudges against somebody. I dont know if that was the case but if they were planning on giving him an individual award of some kind(eg-MVP)and they did not for that reason that is wrong, even as Nash hater. The fact you even suggested this though shows my previous point of how political award choices are, which was my earlier gripe. Awards should always be based on merit, and ones honest objective opinion, not on personal biases, grudges, and political reasoning.

As for Saku my heart broke for him at the Olympics this past year.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 07:12 PM
  #36
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 500
Kovalev
































Joke

TheDamned is offline  
Old
04-02-2006, 07:18 PM
  #37
Maithz
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Simpson , Bulis , Sundstrom are gone

Aebisher will stay

Zednik will probably be traded , if not , he will stay

Downey will possibly leave

 
Old
04-02-2006, 07:31 PM
  #38
StanAjax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nantes
Country: France
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Well if you are right and he was held back from winning an award because he beat up a ref that is wrong, if he was suspended that is it, but he wasnt, and that should not be a factor. A player should be judged on the merit of what they did when deciding on awards, not personal grudges against somebody. I dont know if that was the case but if they were planning on giving him an individual award of some kind(eg-MVP)and they did not for that reason that is wrong, even as Nash hater. The fact you even suggested this though shows my previous point of how political award choices are, which was my earlier gripe. Awards should always be based on merit, and ones honest objective opinion, not on personal biases, grudges, and political reasoning.

As for Saku my heart broke for him at the Olympics this past year.


OK, I'll give you a last chance because you doesn't seem stupid at all as you are able to write properly and defend your point of view fearlessly.

You may be a bit young, and, if that's the case, you'll learn how not to overreact or claiming things true when it's just what you thinks.


I simply love Saku, as he was the first player to amaze me (and I saw Forsberg '94, mind you). It was at the World Championship '97, and Finns were cheering with "Saku Koivu Le Magnifique" signs (sic !). Since then, Saku is my favorite player and I'm rooting for Finland and Montreal. But I'll never ever try to explain mark0v why Koivu is so special to me, as the guy is heartless or has seen greater players before and doesn't bother about today's mediocrity (like many old people, mind you ).

I too don't like Nash, as I simply can't like a guy that matches so well with Joe Thornton the hatred... But claiming the guy is a loser when he's 22 is just stupid. Yzerman waited a lot longer to hoist the Cup, and he's considered one of the greatest now...

Same for Huet. He may be a one-hit wonder, but he maybe not. Trust Gainey and the Habs brass to figure this out, they are smarter than the 'Ruins in this area. And they'll probably end up with a fair proposal, as Gainey really seems the kind of guy to reward when needed, to play hard balls when he's not sure, to back-up when someone he trusts has troubles, and, finally, to give up when there's no other option.

Just enjoy the chase for a playoff spot and the following playoff run. Then, it will be time to talk about contracts. For now, we are so more concerned about Huet's contract than he or Gainey is that it has become ridiculous...

StanAjax is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 11:03 AM
  #39
oli500
Registered User
 
oli500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Players who I would like to leave are



Ribeiro
Zednik
Sundstrom
Bulis

These four players put togheter make urond 4 or 5 mill and fore what they give this team that is alot of money.

oli500 is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 11:37 AM
  #40
Hab at it
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Players I think will be gone are:

From our big club:
Bulis
Zednik
Sundstrom
Ribeiro
Simpson(unfortunately)
Downey(unfortunately)
Aebischer(good trade bait imo)

From Hamilton:
Ivanans(unfortunately)
Paul
Vandermeer
Aitkins
Dagenais

Hab at it is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 11:44 AM
  #41
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Players who I would like to leave are



Ribeiro
Zednik
Sundstrom
Bulis

These four players put togheter make urond 4 or 5 mill and fore what they give this team that is alot of money.
Good one

If we loose those players, we'll have to sign four others. Still i would prefer some energy players à la Bégin/Murray (maybe a little bit bigger) over Bulis and Sundstrom. As for Zednik, unless he recovers his talent, he's useless. But i would keep Ribeiro since we really lack offensive power.

Both Ryder and Ribeiro are unidimensional (and not that great) offensive players, but the're cheap, so it leaves some room to sign another player. But i think UFAs this year will be awfully expensive.

As for Huet's salary, I'd say 2yrs/3.5M

LeMAD is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 12:00 PM
  #42
oli500
Registered User
 
oli500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD
Good one

If we loose those players, we'll have to sign four others. Still i would prefer some energy players à la Bégin/Murray (maybe a little bit bigger) over Bulis and Sundstrom. As for Zednik, unless he recovers his talent, he's useless. But i would keep Ribeiro since we really lack offensive power.

Both Ryder and Ribeiro are unidimensional (and not that great) offensive players, but the're cheap, so it leaves some room to sign another player. But i think UFAs this year will be awfully expensive.

As for Huet's salary, I'd say 2yrs/3.5M

We dont have to sign players, we got are youngster (perezhogin,plekanec and higgins) and prospect a la kositsyn who are ready to step in and take on a important role. All we need in my opinion is a second line center(Arnott or savard). Theres no need to add players too play on the top two lines in my opinion because the more we add the more were wasting are youngster talent. If were going to add I say sign 3rd our 4th line players that play with an edge like bégin. Theres two free agents out there that arent talk about much but im sure they would consider coming here if we gave them a contract. there of course laraque and breashear. Type of player that grind it out and play hard every day. Imagine are 3rd and fourth lines, Downey,laraque,breasher,bégin,murray. Are yougster would feel much more comfortable with grinders like this to back them up then with players such as ribeiro sundstrom etc. We got a solid core we dont need to spend much, maybe add a center and than get some toughness on our back end lines. Breasher and laraque would certainly add more than sundstrom and zedniks. I mean with the right players they can score 10 goals each.


Higgins-Saku- Ryder
kovalev-Arnott-Plekanec
laraque-Bonk-Kositsyn
Downey-Bégin-breasher
Murray

No one would want to miss with the habitants,

oli500 is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
  #43
habs_24x
Registered User
 
habs_24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
I see Simpson, Sundstrom, Bulis and Aebisher leaving. Possibly Ribs depending on how he does in the playoffs. Also, Habs management may not resign Bouillon if they go get a solid #2 -#3 from the UFA market. That would make him #7 on our depth chart and im pretty sure he wouldnt want that. Our #7 would probably be Cote. I dont see Aebisher taking the #2 spot so expect him to be dealt for something pretty good. All my opinion of course so i could be wayyyyy off!!!

habs_24x is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 06:42 PM
  #44
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
We dont have to sign players, we got are youngster (perezhogin,plekanec and higgins) and prospect a la kositsyn who are ready to step in and take on a important role. All we need in my opinion is a second line center(Arnott or savard). Theres no need to add players too play on the top two lines in my opinion because the more we add the more were wasting are youngster talent. If were going to add I say sign 3rd our 4th line players that play with an edge like bégin. Theres two free agents out there that arent talk about much but im sure they would consider coming here if we gave them a contract. there of course laraque and breashear. Type of player that grind it out and play hard every day. Imagine are 3rd and fourth lines, Downey,laraque,breasher,bégin,murray. Are yougster would feel much more comfortable with grinders like this to back them up then with players such as ribeiro sundstrom etc. We got a solid core we dont need to spend much, maybe add a center and than get some toughness on our back end lines. Breasher and laraque would certainly add more than sundstrom and zedniks. I mean with the right players they can score 10 goals each.


Higgins-Saku- Ryder
kovalev-Arnott-Plekanec
laraque-Bonk-Kositsyn
Downey-Bégin-breasher
Murray

No one would want to miss with the habitants,
no love for Perezhogin?

Watsatheo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.