HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Comrie

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2003, 10:42 AM
  #1
Advocate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Comrie

I posted this on the Oilers board and was looking for a Minni perspective.

Comrie + Dvorak for Gaborik.

Thoughts????

Advocate is offline  
Old
10-29-2003, 11:28 AM
  #2
Dan-o
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Well, is Comrie's attitude as bad as everybody seems to think it is? The guy's talented, but I doubt very much that he'll ever have a comparable effect as Gaborik. And we'd have two very small centers on our top-2 lines. So the big question is: Does Dvorak make up the difference. Frankly, I'm not sure. I liked what I saw of Dvorak in Edm. after the trade. I did not like what I saw in N.Y. before the trade. Based on his past, I would not be inclined to make that deal. Seems a bit too risky to me.

How about Comrie and Isbister

for

Gaborik and a mid-round pick.

I don't do these very often. Would that be close value-wise?

Dan-o is offline  
Old
10-29-2003, 11:49 AM
  #3
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o
Well, is Comrie's attitude as bad as everybody seems to think it is?
If Comrie has an attitude, what about Gaborik? It could very well be close to the same. Gaborik's asking for a lot of money and maybe it's just ego, but I get the impression Gaborik may be developing a bit of an attitude with the holdout continuing. ie) his contract demands.

theo6060 is offline  
Old
10-29-2003, 12:27 PM
  #4
s7ark
Registered User
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,206
vCash: 500
Comrie is actually a really good kid and a FIERCE competitor on the ice. He plays about 6 inches bigger then he is. Remember he dropped gloves with Kovalchuk last year, check out the size difference. As an Oiler fan, I would really prefer to keep him, but he wants to play somewhere he didn't grow up. So as to not live in a fishbowl. The attitude thing is totally wrong, just ask his teammates, Smyth and Laraque have nothing but nice things to say. If you guys get him you'll love him, I promise.

And are you sure you want Isbister over Dvorak? Dvorak is better defensively and is faster too. But if you want Isbister that would be fine too. To have a top line of Gaborik - Smyth - Hemsky I would sacrifice either player.

I actually think this trade would really help both teams.

s7ark is offline  
Old
10-29-2003, 12:57 PM
  #5
Dan-o
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Comrie is actually a really good kid and a FIERCE competitor on the ice. He plays about 6 inches bigger then he is. Remember he dropped gloves with Kovalchuk last year, check out the size difference. As an Oiler fan, I would really prefer to keep him, but he wants to play somewhere he didn't grow up. So as to not live in a fishbowl. The attitude thing is totally wrong, just ask his teammates, Smyth and Laraque have nothing but nice things to say. If you guys get him you'll love him, I promise.
Okay, I was about to ask whether my impressions were wrong, right up to when I read this post. I've been under the impression for the past 2-3 years that Comrie was a selfish, me-first player on the ice, virtually uncoachable and unable to take criticism, even if it was meant to help his game. I knew how competitive he was, but I never thought he channeled it properly. Maybe my perceptions of Comrie have been completely inaccurate. Any other opinions about Comrie's on-ice attitude, or lack thereof.

Dan-o is offline  
Old
10-29-2003, 01:15 PM
  #6
fuhr
Registered User
 
fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Comrie's attitude throughout this ordeal has been pathetic but other than that i have no complaints with him. He's a tough kid and i also feel he has always had a good attitude on and off the ice with his teammates and he's always been a team guy. Some fans here are starting to look at Mike being a baby now and confusing that with what he has brought this team on the ice...which was hard work and a lot of points. I'd also like to keep him here but if he wants out than why keep him? The problem with Gaborik is he wouldn't sign here,correct? While i think Gaborik will be a great player in this league for a long time,i don't think he's in the same class as Kovalchuk,Heatly,Havlat,Hossa type players. At $3-$4 million the Oilers could do it but not much more.

fuhr is offline  
Old
10-29-2003, 03:55 PM
  #7
Colorado_Starsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
Comrie's attitude throughout this ordeal has been pathetic but other than that i have no complaints with him. He's a tough kid and i also feel he has always had a good attitude on and off the ice with his teammates and he's always been a team guy. Some fans here are starting to look at Mike being a baby now and confusing that with what he has brought this team on the ice...which was hard work and a lot of points. I'd also like to keep him here but if he wants out than why keep him? The problem with Gaborik is he wouldn't sign here,correct? While i think Gaborik will be a great player in this league for a long time,i don't think he's in the same class as Kovalchuk,Heatly,Havlat,Hossa type players. At $3-$4 million the Oilers could do it but not much more.
If the Oilers can't pay Comrie, they certainly can't afford Gaborik either

Colorado_Starsfan is offline  
Old
10-29-2003, 05:02 PM
  #8
Dan-o
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Well if you figure that Edm. would lose Dvorak or Isbister's salary as well, they could probably find enough.

Dan-o is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.