HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier suspended 2 games

Old
04-10-2006, 01:04 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Gauthier suspended 2 games

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=162038&hubname=

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
FlyersFanJS

vCash: 500
whether you think this was a good suspension or not as far as just punishment goes...this is going to REALLY hurt the team

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 01:10 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
so Gauthier gets 2 games for what he did, and Tucker didnt even get fined

the NHL league offices, once again

CLUELESS

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 01:16 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
whether you think this was a good suspension or not as far as just punishment goes...this is going to REALLY hurt the team

Yes. Thank Gauthier for doing something so stupid that Colin Campbell handed out the correct punishment.

Old
04-10-2006, 01:25 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Yes. Thank Gauthier for doing something so stupid that Colin Campbell handed out the correct punishment.

im not saying Gauthier wasnt wrong. he was. But so was Tucker, and he wasnt even fined.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 01:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
im not saying Gauthier wasnt wrong. he was. But so was Tucker, and he wasnt even fined.
and i'm not saying Colin Campbell is a compitent man either

Old
04-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Right, but it's been established that the only way Campbell can make a ruling is if it's a clear as day offense. Tucker managed to sell the act and Campbell bought it. Gotti on the other hand made it so obvious that even the most ******** official couldn't have missed it.

Sucks, I know, but at least we can be graced by the hockey god that is Randy Jones once again. That's Lord Therien's second coming for those of you who don't read the scriptures.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 02:14 PM
dalessam

Send a message via AIM to dalessam
I missed the game, does anyone have a link to that hit? I want to see it. Thanks.

dalessam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 02:18 PM
TheKingPin

good news is that he will be available against Jagr on the 15th, bad news besdies not playing for two games is that he may be gun shy about hitting from now on.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 02:20 PM
peacepipe

only reason he was suspended 2 games was because he was cut

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
good news is that he will be available against Jagr on the 15th, bad news besdies not playing for two games is that he may be gun shy about hitting from now on.
Somehow, I don't think he's going to be gun shy because of the suspension. However, *****-coach Hitchcock I'm sure will tell him to stop hitting or he'll be on the bench.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 02:28 PM
peacepipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
Somehow, I don't think he's going to be gun shy because of the suspension. However, *****-coach Hitchcock I'm sure will tell him to stop hitting or he'll be on the bench.

why would he do that...thats one of the reasons they brought him here..hopefully gautier will learn from it and let up in situations next time and he clearly didnt mean to hurt him

Old
04-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe
why would he do that...thats one of the reasons they brought him here..hopefully gautier will learn from it and let up in situations next time and he clearly didnt mean to hurt him
Because Hitchcock is a *****? We've seen it all year. This team barely hits, they don't stand up for themselves and they rarely fight. Notice how after Gauthier took that "charging" penalty against the Rangers, he didn't throw another hit?

Old
04-10-2006, 02:37 PM
peacepipe

Quote:
Because Hitchcock is a *****? We've seen it all year. This team barely hits, they don't stand up for themselves and they rarely fight. Notice how after Gauthier took that "charging" penalty against the Rangers, he didn't throw another hit?

first of all clarke brought him here for the obvious reason he can hit..they would be wasting the money they just used to extend his contract and i dont really seeing that happening

Old
04-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
first of all clarke brought him here for the obvious reason he can hit..they would be wasting the money they just used to extend his contract and i dont really seeing that happening
Yeah and Donald Brashear is supposed to fight and Derian Hatcher is supposed to be one of the meanest SOBs to play against in this league. Brashear has done anything but fight all year and Hatcher has been one of the softest defenders I've seen in a long time. I don't care what Clarke's intent was, Hitch is the guy telling the players how to play.

Old
04-10-2006, 02:57 PM
NJFlyer42

Quote:
I agree. We should all get used to this. It comes with the territory when you have a player like Gauthier and Clarke and Hitchcock both know it.

NJFlyer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Steve L*

Its a joke, not the fact that he was suspended but the fact that Tucker gets away with worse week after week.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 03:30 PM
BringBackStevens

it's the correct punishment

but if you put it in context with all of the other suspensions / non suspensions this season its way off.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 03:46 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Sorry, but Gauthier looked like he was reading the play in the corner because the guy who got creamed was making like he was going to turn. I wouldn't call a guy who's trying to stir things up "stupid." It's just a guy going in for the big hit that would have got people on their feet, the dude never turned and it got ugly. Is the suspension the correct judgement? Well, quite honestly I don't know, because guys get away with stuff left and right, and others don't. If it were the same decision every time, no one would really have anything to argue. Sorry you hate Gauthier so much, considering he's at least a #4 d-man behind Pitts, Johnson and Desjardins.

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Yeah and Donald Brashear is supposed to fight and Derian Hatcher is supposed to be one of the meanest SOBs to play against in this league. Brashear has done anything but fight all year and Hatcher has been one of the softest defenders I've seen in a long time. I don't care what Clarke's intent was, Hitch is the guy telling the players how to play.
That makes absolutely zero sense, I can't even express how ridiculous that sounds. So Hitchcock is the reason that Hatcher hasn't played mean when it was under Hitch that Hatcher established the reputation of being mean? Think about how insane that sounds. Hatcher has had games this season when he's played nasty and games he hasn't, that has absolutely nothing to do with what Hitch is telling him to do (I think Hatch is hurt right now, the only explanation I can come up with for his play of late after playing very well over a 40 game stretch).

Also, you pointed to Gauthier not hitting after the charging penalty in the Rangers game. If you had continued to watch Guathier, you would have seen that he made numerous runs at players. The Rangers were aware when he was on the ice and didn't put themselves into the position to be run over, that doesn't mean Gauthier wasn't trying to run them over.

I'm tired of this misconception that Hitch is the sole reason this team doesn't defend eachother at times and play nasty. That's on a lot of the players. You don't see Richards hesitating to drop the gloves when he deems it necessary and Hitch doesn't take away Mike's icetime when he does fight. It's up to the physical players on this team to play physical,throw their body around, and stick up for their other teammates. It's Donald Brashear who hasn't done his job numerous times this season, not Hitch telling Brash to stay away from fighting. Hopefully we'll see a more physical team in the playoffs from all players involved, not just Gauthier.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 04:25 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylez19
it's the correct punishment

but if you put it in context with all of the other suspensions / non suspensions this season its way off.

Completely agree ! Well deserved 2 games, BUT, there are alot of other things that have gone unpunished this year, no consistency at all.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
That makes absolutely zero sense, I can't even express how ridiculous that sounds. So Hitchcock is the reason that Hatcher hasn't played mean when it was under Hitch that Hatcher established the reputation of being mean? Think about how insane that sounds. Hatcher has had games this season when he's played nasty and games he hasn't, that has absolutely nothing to do with what Hitch is telling him to do (I think Hatch is hurt right now, the only explanation I can come up with for his play of late after playing very well over a 40 game stretch).

Also, you pointed to Gauthier not hitting after the charging penalty in the Rangers game. If you had continued to watch Guathier, you would have seen that he made numerous runs at players. The Rangers were aware when he was on the ice and didn't put themselves into the position to be run over, that doesn't mean Gauthier wasn't trying to run them over.

I'm tired of this misconception that Hitch is the sole reason this team doesn't defend eachother at times and play nasty. That's on a lot of the players. You don't see Richards hesitating to drop the gloves when he deems it necessary and Hitch doesn't take away Mike's icetime when he does fight. It's up to the physical players on this team to play physical,throw their body around, and stick up for their other teammates. It's Donald Brashear who hasn't done his job numerous times this season, not Hitch telling Brash to stay away from fighting. Hopefully we'll see a more physical team in the playoffs from all players involved, not just Gauthier.
If you want to put it all on the players, sure. I'll put part of it on the coach who immediately stops playing aggressive the second they take a lead. He is not an aggressive coach and I've never heard him praise a physical play.

What I said is not ridiculous, it makes perfect sense, you just choose to believe otherwise, which is fine.

Old
04-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
If you want to put it all on the players, sure. I'll put part of it on the coach who immediately stops playing aggressive the second they take a lead. He is not an aggressive coach and I've never heard him praise a physical play.

What I said is not ridiculous, it makes perfect sense, you just choose to believe otherwise, which is fine.
I have. Whenn Dallas played Colorado he was very specific on how to make Forsberg invisible, check him every second he's on the ice. Why he doesn't follow that same philosophy with Jagr is beyond me.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Gags1288

Quote:

OK, but now we're talking about two different things. You were saying that Hitch is the reason these guys don't play physical, specifically noting Hatcher's lack of physicality. My response was that notion is ridiculous because Hatcher established his reputation as a dirty/physical player under Hitch in Dallas, why would their relationship have changed?

I do agree with you that this team is much too passive with the lead though, that's a point I won't argue and I'd put that pretty much entirely on the coaching staff. But I don't think Hitch is telling the guys not to be physical.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 05:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Sorry, but Gauthier looked like he was reading the play in the corner because the guy who got creamed was making like he was going to turn. I wouldn't call a guy who's trying to stir things up "stupid." It's just a guy going in for the big hit that would have got people on their feet, the dude never turned and it got ugly. Is the suspension the correct judgement? Well, quite honestly I don't know, because guys get away with stuff left and right, and others don't. If it were the same decision every time, no one would really have anything to argue. Sorry you hate Gauthier so much, considering he's at least a #4 d-man behind Pitts, Johnson and Desjardins.

So because he wasn't watching where he was going, it makes it ok to nail a player from behind when he was defenseless and never saw him coming?

Did you think Hollweg's hit on Umberger was clean too?