HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Nike Vapor XXX stick

Old
04-01-2006, 11:52 PM
knight44

vCash: 500
Nike Vapor XXX stick

I am thinking of buying a couple of Nike Vapor XXX stick composite sticks for next season, but does anyone know if they are good.

knight44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 09:12 AM
hockeystud938

from what i have seen they are very light weight but are not durable at all i would go with the XX if i was you its a better stick and its cheaper

hockeystud938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 09:20 AM
knight44

cost is not a problem for me

Old
04-02-2006, 09:24 AM
hockeystud938

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight44
cost is not a problem for me
i would still go with the XX but thats just me i like that stick better but idk maybe the XXX is a better option for u

hockeystud938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 12:05 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
When watching NHL games, I see more XXX's break than anything else. I think a few people here have had problems with them before as well.

I've seen decrepit XX's on benches in the NHL, but logic tells me they look decrepit because they've been around for a while. I haven't used any Bauer's, or Nike's myself, so I can't give you a personal opinion.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 12:07 PM
knight44

i break alot of sticks, but if these brek easily i dont want them. I need something that composite but doesnt break easily

Old
04-02-2006, 12:09 PM
RangersMoogle

I've pounded the hell out of my Synergy, and the only thing that's broken is the blade. I chopped that off and put a Synthesis blade in there and it's good as new.

Get a Synthesis? It's the same design as the Synergy, only it's a two piece model, and not a one piece.

Old
04-02-2006, 12:11 PM
knight44

how much that cost?

Old
04-02-2006, 12:18 PM
RangersMoogle

Synthesis shafts are $110, blade are $30-60 depedning on the model. Synergy's are $150-160, depending where you look.

Just go to HockeyMonkey.com and knock yourself out.

Old
04-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Fedz

I've used two sticks that I've loved in my day.

The original CCM 110 Vector, which is still to this day my favourite, and most durable.

The synthesis is a phenomenal stick in the fact that its almost too much like the synergy, but it also gives you a little bit less of a blade heavy stick, which is key, as the molding on the synergy gives a more blade heavy stick. Also, you have the option to change your blade.

I'd buy a synthesis, it's worth it.

Fedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 12:24 PM
knight44

Well i dont know still because how good are those sticks under pressure? like if you have a very hard slap shot like me. Ive broken 3 sticks in 1 game due to the power of my shot.

Old
04-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Jacob

vCash: 549
This guy sure does like to brag about his greatness.

Jacob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
This guy sure does like to brag about his greatness.

2nd coming of Rico Fata

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 03:25 PM
stick9

If cost isn't an issue go with the Vapor XXX. There is a reason why it's one of the more popular sticks in the NHL. I looked at one and I was told they do break more often then some other OPS's. I went with a Warrior instead and I love it. I did look at the Vapor XX's (nice stick) which I have heard good things about, but I wasn't able to find a blade pattern I liked.

I will say this much. If I walked into a shop and saw a great deal on a Vapor XXX I would buy one. They are a great feeling stick. I'd like to try one out. I rarely break shafts so it's durablity might not even be an issue for someone like me.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 08:46 PM
luke34e

I'm saying the synergy ST or even a yellow synergy grip. I've been using both of them all year and they have given me much harder slapshots and they still look and feel brand new, theres a reason that pretty much 50% of the NHL players use the synergy. Very durable and performs very well so I say get one of those.

luke34e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Talent Analyst

CCM Vector is very good . I use it and its light and durable . I really like them .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 09:06 PM
PanthersRule96

This past season I broke about 10 composite sticks in only like 30 some games. I used to use the Vapor XX but they all broke in the same place even though I liked them and they're pretty durable. I switched to the Vapor XXX and it was an awesome stick, but I'd break it in liek 2-3 weeks unfortunately. Then I got a Nike Bauer Vapor XXX lite like when they first came out. It was a sweet stick for shooting and stickhandling, as nice as any other one at least but there's not a major difference, but in the second period of the first game, first time I ever used it, I broke it on a faceoff so it shows how poor the durability is. Then I got another one for free and it broke in like just over a month. The XXX lite and XXX are both poor for durability. Nice sticks but not durable enough. I love Bauer equipment but in using a ton of differnet sticks (Easton Synergy Grip, Synergy SL Grip, Vector 130, several Vapor XX's XXX's and XXX Lites, and a Synergy ST Grip), I must recommend for an offensive player especially the Synergy ST and SL Grips. It's not so much the shaft, but the curve that makes the big differnece with the one piece sticks. The Lindros curve is my favorite but Bauer isn't durable enough so I'd suggest easton for sure.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Polska

I woudn't trust any Bauer/Nike sticks. They've been known to be the least durable of any brand. Personally I use a Synthesis. It's been great, super durable, but then again I only weigh 165lbs. and don't slap very often, so I'm light on my sticks. Still, it's the best stick I've used.

Polska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Heat McManus

I work at a rink as well as a pro shop. We see Bauers breaking more than Eastons. The Bauer/Nike XXX Lite is not as light as the Easton Stealth (no grip), either. If money is not an issue, buying one and deciding for yourself is really the only way to find out though.

I just realized that I've seen guys with Easons and CCM Vectors that are one or two years old, but nobody with a Bauer that has lasted that long.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 11:00 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Seen the Bauer Endure last for a while...think those are just the XX with extra durability added. Easton Stealth which someone mentioned, those are interesting, either they last forever or they snap right away...I honestly trust Easton, like my stick.

Would also add, you can stock up on some Nike Apollos for dirt cheap right now. Those a pretty nice stick and at around $50 each....can't beat it.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 01:25 AM
RangersMoogle

I weigh 280, I lean into my slapshots with my Synergy, and it's been holdin' up for two years, almost three. It's taken it's fair share of thwacks from other people's sticks in corners, too.

I'd say it's pretty durable.

Old
04-03-2006, 05:02 PM
LiveTheSearch

vCash: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight44
Well i dont know still because how good are those sticks under pressure? like if you have a very hard slap shot like me. Ive broken 3 sticks in 1 game due to the power of my shot.
By reading some of your other posts .... you play for a team that finished #1 and won a championship, you play with a guy that is a cross between Avery and Gretzky, you play on the number 1 line, your a big hitter with a powerful shot ... and your asking a message board what kind of stick to use .... plus you don't know what an Easton Synthesis is.

Exactly what planet are you from? ... and the fish you caught was how big?

LiveTheSearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Jacob

vCash: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved
By reading some of your other posts .... you play for a team that finished #1 and won a championship, you play with a guy that is a cross between Avery and Gretzky, you play on the number 1 line, your a big hitter with a powerful shot ... and your asking a message board what kind of stick to use .... plus you don't know what an Easton Synthesis is.

Exactly what planet are you from? ... and the fish you caught was how big?
Don't forget he has a pair of "Nike Supreme One90's."

Jacob is online now   Reply With Quote