HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drozdetsky scoffers

Old
04-03-2006, 08:12 AM
IceHot

vCash: 500
Drozdetsky scoffers

Those who blasted my suggestion of using Drozdetsky as trade bait
saying who'd want him he's not even a top Flyer prospect and scoffing at my suggestion that he come over next year and compete with Ruzika for the RW spot can now argue this with Holmgren.

Holmgren lists top prospects in which he says of the third being:
Alexander Drozdetsky, 24, right wing: Taken by the Flyers in the third round of the 2000 draft, Drozdetsky could help the Flyers next season if they could convince him to leave Russia.

"He's an extremely fast player and could be one of our faster guys if he came over," Holmgren said. "And he's got good skill. But he's never really matured physically."

my notes:
Drozdetsky is getting a little bigger compared to other years, enough that his small size is no longer a concern since the new rules make speed skill players have the advantage now that they don't have to muscle through the grabs and interferences.

IceHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 10:30 AM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot
saying who'd want him he's not even a top Flyer prospect and scoffing at my suggestion that he come over next year and compete with Ruzika for the RW spot can now argue this with Holmgren.

Alexander Drozdetsky, 24, right wing: Taken by the Flyers in the third round of the 2000 draft, Drozdetsky could help the Flyers next season if they could convince him to leave Russia.

"He's an extremely fast player and could be one of our faster guys if he came over," Holmgren said. "And he's got good skill. But he's never really matured physically."

my notes:
Drozdetsky is getting a little bigger compared to other years, enough that his small size is no longer a concern since the new rules make speed skill players have the advantage now that they don't have to muscle through the grabs and interferences.
Holmgren lists top prospects and Drozdetsky's name comes up? Big surprise. A flyer guy shooting up a Flyer prospect. Nothing more. He's not even a Flyer's top prospect. Your "trade bait" would have gotten us a third rounder.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 10:43 AM
RussianProspects

Where is the article? I'd be interested to see what he said about Rudenko and Baranov. BTW - Drozdetsky may be primed to come over. Before he was getting paid a lot and living a comfortable life in Kazan, but now he has travelled a bit and doesn't command as high of a salary any more as he hasn't produced as well lately. Now the production is less of his ability issue, but more of an issue of the role given to him. I think he could benefit greatly from a fresh start, and he proved that with SKA where he played very well towards the end of this season. I am not sure if SKA can keep him though and whether he will want to work with Mikhailov (the hard coach of SKA who just got signed for the job). Rudenko is another kid I really like, even moreso than Drozdetsky.

RussianProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 10:59 AM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Check out this russian article I found on Drozzy. Good read.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel..._alexander.htm

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 02:31 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train
Check out this russian article I found on Drozzy. Good read.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel..._alexander.htm
gotta love their way with words in describing his play...

Quote:
It possesses outstanding rolling, high speed, remarkable starting jerk, moshchneyshim with a throw, manages very not bad dribbling, in this case checks well washer and very manevrenen. For a long time as the central failure In the drozdetskogo it were considered its mediocre (as in father) habits of power game.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 02:43 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
gotta love their way with words in describing his play...

haha wow

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 04:11 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:

my notes:
Drozdetsky has no value as trade bait. I'd love to see him come over and he's certainly young enough, but what kind of GM will give up anything decent for a guy that may stay in Russia for the rest of his career?

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Chainsaw

Pavel Datsyuk was 24 when he came over to play for Detroit. I dont know about you guys but i would be interested in seeing Drozdetsky come here.

Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Boy, I'd love to see him come over, especially with the new rules and all. I just wonder if he ever will. I hope the Flyers make a concerted effort to get him here.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
panayiotis

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

my notes:
Can i sell u the olympic stadium?

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Bill_Meltzer

If the Flyers don't sign him, he becomes an unrestricted free agent under the new CBA rules.

Bill_Meltzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 08:41 AM
SheroWorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer
If the Flyers don't sign him, he becomes an unrestricted free agent under the new CBA rules.
if that's the case - let's trade him now for a bucket of pucks and we'll be ahead of where we've been for the last couple of years.

SheroWorship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Bennevol10

Quote:

my notes:

Can you give us the link?

Bennevol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 01:21 PM
dag54

Here is the link to the article. (scroll down):

http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...604020376/1017

dag54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 04:41 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag54
Here is the link to the article. (scroll down):

http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...604020376/1017
who would have thougth you would hear Drozdetsky,timmonen and Bellemy all in the same sentence as far as prospects. Hope Timmonen comes over to see what he has.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
pit

Why Timonen is listed over Picard, I have no idea.

pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2006, 12:18 PM
psuflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
Why Timonen is listed over Picard, I have no idea.
I think he was just listing the top prospects that have yet to sign a contract with the flyers.

psuflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2006, 12:59 PM
iceman42

Drozdetsky has been heating up of late, I think the past month or so he has been making strides. One thing about him was he was always rail thin I think 160-170lb range, I have heard that he's been putting on good weight and is up around 185-190.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2006, 06:53 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
I think Drozzy needs to get up closer to 205 or so to have a good chance at suceeding over here. Might be a bit too big for him, though.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2006, 06:57 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train
I think Drozzy needs to get up closer to 205 or so to have a good chance at suceeding over here. Might be a bit too big for him, though.
Why 205? There are plenty of goal scoring forwards in the NHL under 200. Its not as if we are expecting him to be a grinder.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Why 205? There are plenty of goal scoring forwards in the NHL under 200. Its not as if we are expecting him to be a grinder.
Really look at Afiniganov, Samsonov, Gionta, Gomez, St. Louis, Justin Williams, etc. I'd be surprised if any of those guys was above 190.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 10:38 AM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger
Really look at Afiniganov, Samsonov, Gionta, Gomez, St. Louis, Justin Williams, etc. I'd be surprised if any of those guys was above 190.
most are 175-194, only Gomez is 200lb. However you have to understand that alot of times the height and weight is fudged. Afiniganov is probably more like the body style of Drozdetsky where Afiniganov is probably 5lb heavier. I trust that if Drozdetsky comes over he will be put into a strength program to get some bulk on him and he could easily put on 10lb over a summer.

Things truely have changed for the better for Drozdetsky, I have been watching him for 3 years and I think he has moved from entitlement and has gotten out from the shaddow of his father and is finding his own way, there has been marked improvement and he has gotten better. Two years ago I asked about him and got a weak negative response, 1 year ago, almost the same maybe a little shimmer of light, this past year I asked again and it seemed like I was talking about a different player everyone thinks he has turned the corner. I hope so, the one thing I would like to say is what is the harm in bringing him over and finding out.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 11:19 AM
GameFace247SON
@NHLonICE

Send a message via AIM to GameFace247SON
is his nickname "Puke" by default? WWF fans only

GameFace247SON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 11:47 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
maybe i need more coffee to figure this out from the article L-train put up

However, not we will forget, that the selection Of the drozdetskogo of lobbiroval Inge itself Khammerstrem, "obtained" for the "pilots" Peter forsberg, Mikaelya Of renberga, Dmitriy yushkevich and Yanne Of niinima. In light of this historical retrospective, Aleksandr drozdetskiy's future in the camp of "poor large fellows from Philadelphia" looks completely to obnadezhivayushche.

poor large fellows from Philadelphia

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 12:15 PM
califlyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42
most are 175-194, only Gomez is 200lb. However you have to understand that alot of times the height and weight is fudged. Afiniganov is probably more like the body style of Drozdetsky where Afiniganov is probably 5lb heavier. I trust that if Drozdetsky comes over he will be put into a strength program to get some bulk on him and he could easily put on 10lb over a summer.

Things truely have changed for the better for Drozdetsky, I have been watching him for 3 years and I think he has moved from entitlement and has gotten out from the shaddow of his father and is finding his own way, there has been marked improvement and he has gotten better. Two years ago I asked about him and got a weak negative response, 1 year ago, almost the same maybe a little shimmer of light, this past year I asked again and it seemed like I was talking about a different player everyone thinks he has turned the corner. I hope so, the one thing I would like to say is what is the harm in bringing him over and finding out.

Who'd you ask about him?

califlyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote