HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knuble's Career Year

Old
04-03-2006, 02:40 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Knuble's Career Year

I know it has a lot to do with playing with Forsberg but let's give it up for the guy. He's got a career high in goals and points, and he's tied his career high in assists, which I'm he'll pass. He also has the highest shooting percentage on the team and is second in shots taken (although it is a very distant second behind Gagne). Not to mention he's the only Flyer to play in all 74 games so far. He's been one of the best role players on the team this year and comes to play heard everyday. Knubes you deserve the

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 02:44 PM
PF1967

Diggit - he doesn't seem to get a lot of respect on here, but I think he and Zeus have been the most consistent forwards this season.

PF1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 02:47 PM
TheKingPin

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

If Stone Hands can score 30+ goals with Forsberg, imagine what Domi could do with him.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Coburnfan05

I'm going out on a limb saying he has been our best off season pick up. We all knew what Foppa could do but Knuble has played every game (I think) and has been one of the few flyers to give it all every game.

Coburnfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 03:27 PM
A Flock Of Seguins

Knuble's been very good for the last few years actually and it was only a matter of time before this happened. He deserves the points he puts up, he's great at redirecting the puck, and he's very good elsewhere on the ice when he's not camping near the goal for the tip-in. Pretty tough too.

He's unsung because he goes about his business so consistantly. We've not complained about him I don't think, and we've even been on Forsberg's back for part of this year!

Knuble's solid and I like having him here indeed. Boston were idiots to let go of him but, hey, that's franchise policy over in Beantown.

A Flock Of Seguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 05:24 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zebra
Knuble's been very good for the last few years actually and it was only a matter of time before this happened. He deserves the points he puts up, he's great at redirecting the puck, and he's very good elsewhere on the ice when he's not camping near the goal for the tip-in. Pretty tough too.

He's unsung because he goes about his business so consistantly. We've not complained about him I don't think, and we've even been on Forsberg's back for part of this year!

Knuble's solid and I like having him here indeed. Boston were idiots to let go of him but, hey, that's franchise policy over in Beantown.
agreed, i think knuble and handzus are philly's most consistent forwards...going into every game, you always know what you're going to get out of knuble, he's been real solid and a GREAT acquisition...good job clarkie

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 06:43 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Ugh, I'm not a Knuble hater, but I don't see anything special about him. He's nothing more than a journeyman player who does yeoman work on the top line. I expected him to put up better numbers here than he did in Boston. Not to knock Knuble, I just don't think he's anything special.

As for Handzus, I think he's actually digressed. I expect Handzus to put up 65 to 70 points this year and he'll be lucky if he can even hit 50. I expected at least 25 to 30 goals and he'll be lucky if he gets 15. He's also been a minus player this year and I hoped that when we needed an offensive leader when Forsberg was out, he would have stepped forward. I've been really disappointed with him this year. That's why I'm kind of hoping that Clarke shops him around this offseason just to see what kind of deal we can get for Zeus. His value will probably never be any higher than it is right now, so if we can get some great young prospects to fill out our blue line, then I'm all for moving Zeus.

I'm sure that if the Flyers sign a top line right winger, then Knuble gets bounced to another line.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Ugh, I'm not a Knuble hater, but I don't see anything special about him. He's nothing more than a journeyman player who does yeoman work on the top line. I expected him to put up better numbers here than he did in Boston. Not to knock Knuble, I just don't think he's anything special.
I'm sure that if the Flyers sign a top line right winger, then Knuble gets bounced to another line.
That is an Oxy Moron.

Last edited by tytech: 04-04-2006 at 11:49 AM.
tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Banger

Quote:

As for Handzus, I think he's actually digressed. I expect Handzus to put up 65 to 70 points this year and he'll be lucky if he can even hit 50. I expected at least 25 to 30 goals and he'll be lucky if he gets 15. He's also been a minus player this year and I hoped that when we needed an offensive leader when Forsberg was out, he would have stepped forward. I've been really disappointed with him this year. That's why I'm kind of hoping that Clarke shops him around this offseason just to see what kind of deal we can get for Zeus. His value will probably never be any higher than it is right now, so if we can get some great young prospects to fill out our blue line, then I'm all for moving Zeus.

You think the fact that Zus has been playing through a shoulder injury could have any impact on his production. The guy can't shoot.

If you don't see anything special about Knuble you aren't watching. The team has probably scored another 20 goals from defense and forwards due to him being parked in front the goalie and screening. He doesn't get a point but without him most of those goals don't go in.

Banger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 10:58 AM
8BostonRocker24

The best role player on The Flyers and in The NHL. He comes to play everynight.

You know what you are going to get with him. He is very very very good at what he does. Put him on a line with a great center (Thornton or Forsberg) along with a shooter (Gagne or Murray) and BOOM! He has 30 goals. He brings his very simple game everynight and is the best "3rd guy on a line" in the NHL.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 11:56 AM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
He doesn't put up points because he is playing the role of a SHUT DOWN CENTER!!! furthermore, when he is put out against the best lines from other teams and is not focused on scoring, you are going to get a minus number

so many people think that a player's worth can only be measured in goals...zus plays such a crucial role on this team, and i think should be nominated (probably not win) but nominated for team mvp this season (but again, not win, but def in the top 3 or 4)

Old
04-04-2006, 04:19 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
He doesn't put up points because he is playing the role of a SHUT DOWN CENTER!!! furthermore, when he is put out against the best lines from other teams and is not focused on scoring, you are going to get a minus number

so many people think that a player's worth can only be measured in goals...zus plays such a crucial role on this team, and i think should be nominated (probably not win) but nominated for team mvp this season (but again, not win, but def in the top 3 or 4)
I thought Zeus was playing on the wing with Richards (he was for the longest of time anyways). I can agree with what you wrote, I'm just saying that Zeus should be doing more. He's always been a good defensive player and I have no qualms with that. I've been disappointed with his offensive play. Someone mentioned that his shoulder has been bad. If that's the case, he should have gotten the shoulder fixed. That's all.

Old
04-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
I thought Zeus was playing on the wing with Richards (he was for the longest of time anyways). I can agree with what you wrote, I'm just saying that Zeus should be doing more. He's always been a good defensive player and I have no qualms with that. I've been disappointed with his offensive play. Someone mentioned that his shoulder has been bad. If that's the case, he should have gotten the shoulder fixed. That's all.
I agree with you, I've been disappointed with his offensive game all year. The shoulder injury only happened a few days before the Olympics, he hasn't been up to par offensively all year - especially when Forsberg was out and he had to step up.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 07:04 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I agree with you, I've been disappointed with his offensive game all year. The shoulder injury only happened a few days before the Olympics, he hasn't been up to par offensively all year - especially when Forsberg was out and he had to step up.
he's not supposed to contribute offensively, his role is defense...if primeau was still playing handzus would have around 20 goals give or take, but with him taking a defensive, shut down role it is unfair to criticize him because of a lack of production

Old
04-04-2006, 07:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
solid

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:23 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
he's not supposed to contribute offensively, his role is defense...if primeau was still playing handzus would have around 20 goals give or take, but with him taking a defensive, shut down role it is unfair to criticize him because of a lack of production
No, it's not unfair to criticize because great two way players have great two way games (see Lehtinen, Jere). Nobody here is dissing the defensive play of Handzus. He's a great defensive forward. But the fact that his offensive game has suffered this year is what's most troubling. I wonder if it's a combination of Hitch bouncing him around from line to line to line, plus a cumulation of injuries that are catching up to him.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:27 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
No, it's not unfair to criticize because great two way players have great two way games (see Lehtinen, Jere). Nobody here is dissing the defensive play of Handzus. He's a great defensive forward. But the fact that his offensive game has suffered this year is what's most troubling. I wonder if it's a combination of Hitch bouncing him around from line to line to line, plus a cumulation of injuries that are catching up to him.
honestly, i really wouldn't characterize him as a two-way player...he is definately a defensive forward, and when paired with other defensive guys i.e. radio, brash, savage (at this point) he is not going to score at all....put him on a line with gags and knuble and i guarantee you he hits 20 goals and around 40 assists if not more, but what i'm saying is not that he has defensive skill, it is that he is in a defensive ROLE, and i'll even bet that hitch has told him not to even think about scoring, just prevent the other guys from scoring (pure speculation, but that would be my bet)