HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kilger sent to Bulldogs...

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 10:55 AM
gted85

vCash: 500
Kilger sent to Bulldogs...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...=nhl-canadiens

sent down for conditioning, hopefully he'll be back soon.

Old
10-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Habber

Good to see that Kilger will be playing again. I think the Dogs play three games this weekend so Kilger should get lots of icetime. Then he can come back and bring some much needed size and grit.

Old
10-29-2003, 12:42 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Good to see that Kilger will be playing again. I think the Dogs play three games this weekend so Kilger should get lots of icetime. Then he can come back and bring some much needed size and grit.
Yeah, Kilger will only benefit from playing with the Dogs to get his conditioning back in shape for the nhl level.....Kilger definately needs to have a better year this year compared to last season...he needs to improve on every dimension of his game

Old
10-29-2003, 01:37 PM
NWT Habs Fan

This is good news. They wouldn't assign him to the Dogs unless he is game ready (at least health wise, not necessarily game fitness wise).

His size and grit (when he consistently plays that way) can't hurt the team at all, but we will need to him produce some points, as we don't need another "energy" 4th liner with no offensive upside at this point. That role/spot is getting rather full.

Old
10-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Kilger is a decent player but let's face it .. he's not a scorer or a quality grinder ,

Old
10-29-2003, 01:43 PM
HABitual

Kilger is fully capable of being a top 3 scorer on this team. This is just a reminder of that. Hopefully this will serve as a wake up call.

Old
10-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Kilger never scored more than 15 goals after 8 years in the NHL , the last time he scored more than 10 it was in '98 .

Gimme a break .

Old
10-29-2003, 03:55 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Kilger never scored more than 15 goals after 8 years in the NHL , the last time he scored more than 10 it was in '98 .

Gimme a break .
The last time he played on a scoring line, he went on a tear and outscored Koivu and Zednik.

Give the guy a break.

Old
10-29-2003, 04:37 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
The last time he played on a scoring line, he went on a tear and outscored Koivu and Zednik.

Give the guy a break.
Excellent point

Old
10-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Excellent point
I don't think it's a good point , Kilger don't have the skillz or the skating ability to be an effective top 6 foward . A hot streak don't make a carrer .

Old
10-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Mike8

Quote:
I don't think it's a good point , Kilger don't have the skillz or the skating ability to be an effective top 6 foward . A hot streak don't make a carrer .
Agreed. Kilger lacks any hockey sense in every zone. Doesn't have a mean streak or consistency.

The only reason he's still a professional is due to his size. If he didn't have that, he wouldn't even crack it in the AHL.

Old
10-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Quote:

Gimme a break .
Last time Kilger scored more than 10 goals, it was in 2000-01. :p

Quote:
I disagree, if Kilger has something good in his game, it's good skating ability and speed for a big man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger

Give the guy a break.
He had a 5-games hotstreak, it doesn't make a career.

Bottom line, he was scratched last year even if the lineup needed (and still need) plenty of size and the Habs didn't hand him a qualifying offer, I think it says a lot about him. He never had the offensive instincts to be a scorer or hockey sense to be an NHLer and his work ethic is poor for an NHLer and role players need to have a good work ethic. If he was 6-0, Chad Kilger would be a career AHLer.

I think the 2002-03 season is the best we should expect from Kilger. Energitic hitter who can pot 10 goals and score 25 points. He played plenty of time out of the fourth on many differents teams and clearly proved he didn't belong anywhere else than on a 4th line so far. If his game matures and with a strong and consistent work ethic, he can be a decent third line winger at best IMO. I highly doubt it will happen as I saw little improvements in Kilger's game through the years.

Edit: Typo

Old
10-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
IMO
I would definately try Kilger with koivu and bulis or ryder
kilger bring size and speed + some skills ... koivu is koivu ... ryder bring intensity and good shoting ability.. bulis intensity and defensive game..

BTW I have trust in kilger (i dunno why)
I think his speed is his main asset ...
and for a big guy like him it's definately a +
I think he has some skills .. maybe not the best skills ... but i think he can play on our scoring line...

Old
10-29-2003, 11:33 PM
tinyzombies

Kilger would be a great 4th line center or left winger, I don't expect much more out of him.

He doesn't have the sense or agility or even skill to be a checking line player at this point.

He isn't over-powering for a big man either, and doesn't have the hands to play with Koivu, nor a goalscorer's feel for dead areas to get open, plus he does a whole lot of floating and not enough hitting and grinding.

We'll see... I'm rooting for him that he'll have a fundamental change of attitude to at least become a force on one of our lines.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:43 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
We'll see... I'm rooting for him that he'll have a fundamental change of attitude to at least become a force on one of our lines.
The fact that he have this carrer threathening injurie could tilt the balance one way or the other. Or he find out that this injurie could have end is carrer and start to play with more heart and grit or he became scare of being injure again and he disaper. We will see in ten game or so.
Kilger does not have great hand and scoring ability, but is big and if he is willing do use is size, he can be a huge asset for us. He have do understand that or he will end is carrer in the AHL. The fact that he accept a lower salary to stay here make me think is willing to do sacrefice. And between you and me, it does not take that much hockey sense to stand in front of the net to block the goalie vision and take the rebound...

Old
10-30-2003, 04:51 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob *******s
And between you and me, it does not take that much hockey sense to stand in front of the net to block the goalie vision and take the rebound...
You would think that, but why then are so few players in the league good at it.

It seems easy, but standing there concentrating on a shot coming toward you, with a defencemen cross checking you silly, then finding the rebound in traffic and burying it, is alot harder than people think.

Closed Thread