HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribiero or Zednick?

View Poll Results: If you had to choose, who would you keep?
Mike Ribiero 57 73.08%
Richard Zednick 21 26.92%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
  #1
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 500
Ribiero or Zednick?

OK lads, here's a hypothetical for you all. Say we have to keep one of these guys and let the other go this summer. Who would you keep, Ribiero or Zednick?

les Habs is online now  
Old
04-03-2006, 09:35 PM
  #2
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 500
Ribiero gets my vote.

les Habs is online now  
Old
04-03-2006, 09:52 PM
  #3
InGaineyWeTrust*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Greece
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs
OK lads, here's a hypothetical for you all. Say we have to keep one of these guys and let the other go this summer. Who would you keep, Ribiero or Zednick?
Zednick?Ribiero? are you serious u dont even know how 2 spell their names

InGaineyWeTrust* is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 09:53 PM
  #4
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in gainey we trust
Zednick? are you serious u dont even know how 2 spell his name
Yeah, yeah. I've been mispelling all season anyway. For some reason I just have to put that "c" in there.

les Habs is online now  
Old
04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
  #5
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in gainey we trust
Zednick?Ribiero? are you serious u dont even know how 2 spell their names
So tired of posts like this. Look you're too lazy to type out "you" and "to" so don't criticize others mistakes if you're not going to set anything close to an example.

TroyM is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 09:59 PM
  #6
NBHABSFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
So tired of posts like this. Look you're too lazy to type out "you" and "to" so don't criticize others mistakes if you're not going to set anything close to an example.
Well if some people would stop making threads about the same subject(s) over and over again we would not be here.

There is obviously nothing to talk about because its been discussed to death many times before, hence we are debating spelling and grammer in posts.

NBHABSFAN is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 09:59 PM
  #7
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
So tired of posts like this. Look you're too lazy to type out "you" and "to" so don't criticize others mistakes if you're not going to set anything close to an example.
Yeah, no kidding. I bet he can't spell Abbusher right.

les Habs is online now  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:00 PM
  #8
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
Well if some people would stop making threads about the same subject(s) over and over again we would not be here.

There is obviously nothing to talk about because its been discussed to death many times before, hence we are debating spelling and grammer in posts.
Well if there weren't thirty new threads a day, then maybe I would have seen the old poll where the same question was asked.

les Habs is online now  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:06 PM
  #9
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
Well if some people would stop making threads about the same subject(s) over and over again we would not be here.

There is obviously nothing to talk about because its been discussed to death many times before, hence we are debating spelling and grammer in posts.
Right, thats when you take the high road and skip the thread. And some people still have things to say I'm sure, there are plenty of posters not around to see the other threads, don't worry about it.

PS - It's 'grammar' hotshot

TroyM is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:10 PM
  #10
NBHABSFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Right, thats when you take the high road and skip the thread. And some people still have things to say I'm sure, there are plenty of posters not around to see the other threads, don't worry about it.

PS - It's 'grammar' hotshot
I am glad your spelling is so great. I was not knocking anyone for spelling or gramatical errors. I was only pointing out that since there is nothing to add to this thread, it has been reduced to a pissing contest between people who are harping on people's spelling of players names ect.

Not doubt there is posters who might have missed a thread or two, but do I make the same thread everyday so people don't fall through the cracks and miss the topic? No.

NBHABSFAN is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:15 PM
  #11
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
I am glad your spelling is so great. I was not knocking anyone for spelling or gramatical errors. I was only pointing out that since there is nothing to add to this thread, it has been reduced to a pissing contest between people who are harping on people's spelling of players names ect.

Not doubt there is posters who might have missed a thread or two, but do I make the same thread everyday so people don't fall through the cracks and miss the topic? No.
Fair enough, you might not, but this guy obviously is going to, I just don't understand why people feel the need to be so critical. But that's too many posts about nothing, haha, so, uhh I picked Ribeiro

TroyM is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:17 PM
  #12
NBHABSFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Fair enough, you might not, but this guy obviously is going to, I just don't understand why people feel the need to be so critical. But that's too many posts about nothing, haha, so, uhh I picked Ribeiro
To even things out Zednick

NBHABSFAN is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:21 PM
  #13
L4br3cqu3
Booya !
 
L4br3cqu3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,551
vCash: 905
I agree to some extent that this kind of subject, especially on those 2 players, has been beaten to death in the last weeks... and IMO, you forgot 'None' in your choices

But to see people bashing each other just because the names are mispelled... damn come on guys, get a life I agree, those names are said so frequently in a season that NOBODY should scar their names, but give the guy a chance... isn't it a public forum ?

At least try to be somewhat objective, or let this thread rot in hell, that's all I have to say

L4br3cqu3 is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:27 PM
  #14
InGaineyWeTrust*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Greece
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
So tired of posts like this. Look you're too lazy to type out "you" and "to" so don't criticize others mistakes if you're not going to set anything close to an example.
its just a way to type faster online, but its delibirate, i know how 2 spell the names of players from my favourite team...i wouldnt comment if someone made a grammar mistake, im just commenting on the fact that someone started a thread about 2 players and he spelled both their names wrong..

InGaineyWeTrust* is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
  #15
livingfree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to livingfree
Depend, if you think zednik would still be able to play as he did in 01-02 playoff against boston..


Zednik carrer had ended with he got HIT, he will never be the same again.

So i have to go with Mike.

livingfree is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:32 PM
  #16
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,670
vCash: 500
Dumb question. People think Ribeiro won't make it in the "new nhl" and I believe he will. Watching a few Don Cherry tapes during the weekend reminded me why .

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:33 PM
  #17
livingfree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to livingfree
[QUOTE=NBHABSFAN]

Hey dude, is this the hit kovey on Tucker?

Ive been looking for this pic for a while.....uh...last week

livingfree is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:41 PM
  #18
Tucker316*
 
Tucker316*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingfree
Depend, if you think zednik would still be able to play as he did in 01-02 playoff against boston..


Zednik carrer had ended with he got HIT, he will never be the same again.

So i have to go with Mike.

Stop listening to Pedneault. He's an idiot of epic proportions.


Was Zed done last season when he stuffed the B's out again? Was he done when he scored the most goals for us again? Enough with the Mclaren BS, that isnt even the case.

I'd keep Zed, he plays with more grit then the flaming ***** Ribs.

Tucker316* is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
  #19
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in gainey we trust
its delibirate
It's what?

les Habs is online now  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:56 PM
  #20
livingfree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to livingfree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316
Stop listening to Pedneault. He's an idiot of epic proportions.


Was Zed done last season when he stuffed the B's out again? Was he done when he scored the most goals for us again? Enough with the Mclaren BS, that isnt even the case.

I'd keep Zed, he plays with more grit then the flaming ***** Ribs.
I always have been a fan of Mike ...its not that i dont like zednik..but he just SUX right now....really its just awfull to look him play.

livingfree is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:57 PM
  #21
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316
I'd keep Zed, he plays with more grit then the flaming ***** Ribs.
Couldn't disagree more. If Ribs was 15 pds heavier, you'd see that he's far grittier than Zednik, only because of his size, he can't flatten his oponents. This season Zednik has been uterly useless.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:59 PM
  #22
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Couldn't disagree more. If Ribs was 15 pds heavier, you'd see that he's far grittier than Zednik, only because of his size, he can't flatten his oponents. This season Zednik has been uterly useless.
I sorta have to agree here. Ribs has been gritty enough of late, that's for sure.

les Habs is online now  
Old
04-03-2006, 10:59 PM
  #23
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs
sorta
It's called slang before Mr. Webster or anybody says anything.

les Habs is online now  
Old
04-03-2006, 11:06 PM
  #24
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Right now my vote is for Zednik.
But after the playoffs, is when the true decisions will be made.
If Zednik has another great post season and Rib's disappears again you will most likley see Ribs gone.
All in all these guys have combined for a single goal in 13 games.

JMMR is offline  
Old
04-03-2006, 11:19 PM
  #25
mikeg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
If we were the Bratislava Slovakiens then I'd say Zed.. since we're not, I'm going with Ribs b/c he is from here, and will probably give you a better effort.

mike

mikeg is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.