HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindy Ruff pwns Tucker

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2006, 09:14 AM
AH

vCash: 500
I like Tucker.

He is great, especially when Kovalev's arm is connecting with his face and his head is hitting the ice.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Habsaku

What about the lumberjack performance he gave on saturday against Dumont? No penalties, no suspensions, what a disgrace, Briere however, gets suspended for an accidental high stick.

Old
04-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Evil Ted

Tucker is going to end someones carreer in this fasion sometime, some cheapshot. he should retire before he forcess someone with tallent outa the game.

Old
04-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Pats Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexim
I think the Sabres may want to borrow Kovalev for the Apr 16 game
<------

Old
04-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Catch-22

I can only stress that if Tucker had been suspended for his attempt to injure Kovalev - as he should have been - then Hecht might not be injured. Tucker has an awful history of cheap shotting and the knee on knee with Hecht is only the latest example. When is the NHL going to take the necessary steps and protect its players? Tucker is a cheap shot and its really about time the NHL does something about it.

Old
04-04-2006, 10:28 AM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22
I can only stress that if Tucker had been suspended for his attempt to injure Kovalev - as he should have been - then Hecht might not be injured. Tucker has an awful history of cheap shotting and the knee on knee with Hecht is only the latest example. When is the NHL going to take the necessary steps and protect its players? Tucker is a cheap shot and its really about time the NHL does something about it.

Old
04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto
Varada, IMO, is a dirty player.
He also played on Buffalo's shutdown line with Peca and then later Curtis Brown every playoffs. He's a good player.
Was a dirty player. I can't even imagine him ever being a good player at the moment. I don't like Tucker (to put it nicely), but you're right in the fact that at least he can play hockey too. Varada is just useless in every facet of the game.

Old
04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Here's the part you are all forgetting.

Out of the Hecht/Tucker thing, the Sabres actually got the penalty, which led to a PP that the Laffs tied the game on. Add another one to the ''get the Laffs into the playoffs'' conspiracy theory.

Old
04-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Tucker rocks. I'd love to have him on the Habs!!!

Old
04-04-2006, 11:58 AM
oli500

Tucker has allways been none as a cheap shot artist. The most frustrating thing is that he goes for the guys knee and then fakes hes injured and goes down on the ice to look good. frankly I dont know how anyone can like his style.

Quote:
You prefer big time sissies like Ribeiro though? At least Tucker brings passion to his game. I'd taske him on the Habs any ****ing day! Over many players we have right now.
sorry but when you say tucker brings passion to the game youre insulting players like jean béliveau,daryl sitler,maurice richard, wayne gretzky etc. Theres a diference between being a character guy and passionate player and a dirty player. Tucker has allways done this and to claim he bring passion is really nonesince. The mats sundin saku koivu jean béliveau all players who play with passion well never do something like this. I never want tucker on the habs again because tucker is type of player who thinks hes better than every one else. At the begining of the season he was quoted that he said he was a 40 goal scorer and if he played with sundin he can be real good. Thats the type of attitude you like ?? You play with the best players because you work hard and earn that spot. You dont go to the media and whine that you should be playing on a top line with sundin. More often than not tucker is lying on the ice creating a scene or going after a players head you call that passion???. If this was tucker first attemp I would let it go but its not. Youre a hab as I am youve grown up with the real passionate players I really dont know how you can respect a guy like tucker.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Theres a diference between being a character guy and passionate player and a dirty player. Tucker has allways done this and to claim he bring passion is really nonesince.
Call it what you will, dirty, sneaky, disgusting, but he IS a passionate player. I think the Claude Lemieux comparisons are pretty apt. They were both disgusting characters on the ice, but they were certainly passionate, and on top of that, they're both top line players. I might not really "respect" those guys for their tactics, but I definitely want to have one on my team.

What's the big deal with respecting guys anyway? These are HOCKEY PLAYERS. In real life, how many of them are really worthy of all that much respect (above and beyond the basic level that any living breathing human being deserves)? I'm sure there are plenty who aren't particularly nice or worthwhile people. I can easily cheer for a hockey player who I don't respect. Especially if he helps my team win.

But there is a line. I don't respect Tucker. But I don't disrespect him either. He's probably in there with the majority of the NHL players in that regard. But there are a few (who we know about, I'm sure there are plenty of others) who have crossed legal or moral lines that make me disrespect them... on that basis I wouldn't want those players on my team, no matter how good they are.

But Tucker isn't there. He's just a hardnosed guy who will do anything on the ice to win. Get him off the ice and listen to what he said about the Kovalev hit, for example. He knows what its all about.

Old
04-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien

1- Call it what you will, dirty, sneaky, disgusting, but he IS a passionate player.
2 -What's the big deal with respecting guys anyway? These are HOCKEY PLAYERS.
3- Get him off the ice and listen to what he said about the Kovalev hit, for example. He knows what its all about.
1- I usually agree with a lot of things you say Blind but not on this one. The fact that you label yourself as passionnate doesn't give you the right to voluntarily injure players. So I guess same goes for Marchment and his numerous acts in attempting to injure or Domi for wanting to blow Niedermayer's head in the past and so on....Can we also say that Bertuzzi is passionnate as well??? Avery is passionnate too, so I guess he has the right to mock the other team as wellThis is hockey and this could turn out as a real violent sport when if you don't have in your mind that you owe a little respect to the guy in front of you, you could actully kill him or at least end the guy's career. But also, and I have to say really unfortunately, those guys are idols for some people and kids and they have to conduct themselves in the most respectful way to give kids the example. I hate that we have as idols hockey players but that's the way it is.

2- And as much as I don't agree with the respecting theory, what about respecting the fans that pay the big bucks to see the players. How would you feel if you had already paid 150 bucks to see Kovy and Koivu but they are not there because Tucky kneed one and elbowed the other for fun....You don't want to respect your own pal within the same association, then at least think about who make your career possible, the fans.

3- About the Kovalev hit, Tucker knew what he attempted before on Kovy and knew that what he received by Kovy was the least he deserved.

The main problem in this is that the suspensions are a joke. And those guys just don't care about the regular 2 or 3 games for attempted murder, so they do it anyway and enjoy their vacation......

Old
04-04-2006, 12:32 PM
oli500

Quote:
He's just a hardnosed guy who will do anything on the ice to win
Thats the thing, theres rules to follow on the ice just like in real life. Tucker is a player that might want to win at all causes but he dosent do it the right way. Sticking up for youre teamate, dishing out a nice clean hit,blocking shots,winning one on one badles along the boards, take a hit those are things you do if you want to win. Thats a hardnose player. (steve bégin) going after a guys knee, cheking the guy from behind,faking a injury,allways whinning to the refs about a hit and then 10 minuts later you do the same that has loser mentality and dosent have anything of a hardnose mentality to it. What tucker thus on the ice is just pure lazinest in my opinion and has nothing to do with being hardnose. When tucker lays his knee out like that and god knows its not the first time youre not any better than shean avery when he opens his big mouth. A winner is a Winner and is willing to take a hit block shots etc a looser allways trys to bend the rules and have everything go his way.

Old
04-04-2006, 01:53 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Call it what you will, dirty, sneaky, disgusting, but he IS a passionate player. I think the Claude Lemieux comparisons are pretty apt.
The comparison to Claude Lemieux is not apt, in my opinion. The difference is that Claude Lemieux could win time and time again. Tucker is more comparable to Marchment - dirty player who will end up with a lot of NHL games under his belt but will always be a loser - Cup or no Cup.

Quote:
He's just a hardnosed guy who will do anything on the ice to win.
See above. If that's what it takes for Tucker to win, he's going to have to kill a few people, because he's won absolutely nothing by doing what he does. It's just too bad someone with no credibility like Ruff had to make the comments, but I guess it's better coming from him than, say, Bob Hartley.

Old
04-04-2006, 01:57 PM
bigjags*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316
Because as I said, Tucker provides more then just great artistry on his diving ability.

Tucker's a clown. Nothing but a spazz. Why on earth would you make him you're favourite player???

Old
04-04-2006, 02:06 PM
bigjags*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
I like Tucker.

He is great, especially when Kovalev's arm is connecting with his face and his head is hitting the ice.
Awesome post. I couldn't agree more.

Old
04-04-2006, 02:09 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Call it what you will, dirty, sneaky, disgusting, but he IS a passionate player. I think the Claude Lemieux comparisons are pretty apt. They were both disgusting characters on the ice, but they were certainly passionate, and on top of that, they're both top line players. I might not really "respect" those guys for their tactics, but I definitely want to have one on my team.

What's the big deal with respecting guys anyway? These are HOCKEY PLAYERS. In real life, how many of them are really worthy of all that much respect (above and beyond the basic level that any living breathing human being deserves)? I'm sure there are plenty who aren't particularly nice or worthwhile people. I can easily cheer for a hockey player who I don't respect. Especially if he helps my team win.

But there is a line. I don't respect Tucker. But I don't disrespect him either. He's probably in there with the majority of the NHL players in that regard. But there are a few (who we know about, I'm sure there are plenty of others) who have crossed legal or moral lines that make me disrespect them... on that basis I wouldn't want those players on my team, no matter how good they are.

But Tucker isn't there. He's just a hardnosed guy who will do anything on the ice to win. Get him off the ice and listen to what he said about the Kovalev hit, for example. He knows what its all about.
The voice of REASON in a sea of IGNORANCE! Thank you Blind Gardien. I now have another reason (and there aren't many) to visit this section of HF.

Old
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

thank you guys for the Kovalev play. Tuckers hit really put a damper with his two french canadian linemates briere and dumont.

for our next game aganist toronto i hope we dress 3 lines of goons

Old
04-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Capitano

Interesting argument...

After reading the whole thread I can see both sides of the story and my opinion is as follows. I think Darcy Tucker IS an emotional hockey player. He definitely does some very dirty things but he's not just a guy that goes out to injure opponents. He does have some skills, but no question he is dirty.

When it comes to having him on my team, that's a much tougher question. While I would love to be a "tougher" team I don't think I'd want to reputation that he brings to a team. He has a really bad reputation with the refs and that alone would make me pass on him.

I do think he brings a lot to a team though. No question the Leafs are the team they are today because of a guy like him. Good or bad.

Cap

Old
04-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
The comparison to Claude Lemieux is not apt, in my opinion. The difference is that Claude Lemieux could win time and time again. Tucker is more comparable to Marchment - dirty player who will end up with a lot of NHL games under his belt but will always be a loser - Cup or no Cup.
Sounds like circumstances to me. Tucker hasn't been on teams good enough to win, and he's far from good enough to make a team win on his own. The only difference is Lemieux was on good enough teams. I honestly can't believe anybody who would defend Lemieux and trash Tucker. Hate them both, love them both... well, or abandon any pretense at objectivity anyway. It's only natural for fans to hate the guy on the opposing team and support the guy on your own team. That's kind of what it's all about. But I guess I'm not that kind of fan.

Old
04-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
1- I usually agree with a lot of things you say Blind but not on this one. The fact that you label yourself as passionnate doesn't give you the right to voluntarily injure players. So I guess same goes for Marchment and his numerous acts in attempting to injure or Domi for wanting to blow Niedermayer's head in the past and so on....Can we also say that Bertuzzi is passionnate as well???
I'm not inside Marchment's head, but from anything I've heard, I doubt he ever tried to injure anybody. He tried to throw a lot of hits. You do that, you do it in dangerous enough circumstances, you're bound to leave a few bodies behind. Sutter wanted him around this year. Can he be that bad? Bertuzzi is a little different, because there was clear intent and weeks of premeditation, not just some reaction in the heat of the moment or a hardnosed play gone awry.
Quote:
Avery is passionnate too, so I guess he has the right to mock the other team as well.
Sure he does. Why wouldn't he? He's a clown, but I don't really disrespect him for it. He gets plenty of mics near him now. And probably he's just too dumb to know any better. Whereas lots of other players are at least smart enough to keep their trash talk behind closed doors. But I fully imagine that it goes on all the time. At least, from any experience I've ever had around hockey it sure does. Do guys suddenly become more mature just because they're in the NHL? I can't believe they do.
Quote:
2- And as much as I don't agree with the respecting theory, what about respecting the fans that pay the big bucks to see the players. How would you feel if you had already paid 150 bucks to see Kovy and Koivu but they are not there because Tucky kneed one and elbowed the other for fun....You don't want to respect your own pal within the same association, then at least think about who make your career possible, the fans.
Now there's another angle I don't buy. You pay $150 to see a hockey game and you want respect? What's wrong with that picture? And if you paid it not knowing that it's a contact sport and that Kovy and Koivu could get hurt, then you're doubly foolish. I definitely don't believe in the theory that the fans should be put on some kind of pedestal for "making players' careers possible". And we should get pats on the back for giving Tom Cruise and Jessica Simpson millions, and for buying a Ford or Chevy to keep the auto workers employed, eating so that the farmers can earn a living, voting Bush and Harper into power, etc. Jeez, come on and respect us guys! See what we do, all for you! You owe it all to us!!! (But we reserve the right to turn around and stab you in the back if you have a bad game or take out someone's knee with a hit gone awry. You understand. Just respect us anyway. ) Yeah, right.

Old
04-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Hab at it

Quote:

I disagree with your assessment. Passion is what Tucker showed when he got up from getting leveled by Kovalev, but when you watch that whole sequence Tucker went out of his way to try and elbow Kovalev in the head. That is not passion, passion is in the midst of a scrum and throwing a puch or starting a fight, passion is getting hit then jumping up and fighting the guy who flattened you, passion is standing in front of the net and taking the abuse and if it goes to far fighting the abuser.

Passion is not throwing an elbow in the middle of the ice on a guy who doesn't have the puck, passion is not low bridging a guy who passed the puck away long before you get there, passion is not taking the knee out of someone who did nothing to you. You can call him hardnosed all you want and you can long to have that kind of player on your team but Tucker is a cheap shot player that has a reputation of trying to hurt people.

Old
04-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

It's interesting, people seem to get riled up about Tucker's elbows or knees or whatever. The thing that disgusts me most about his play is actually the diving and whining. If he didn't have that side to his game, I'd probably actually like him as a player.

Old
04-04-2006, 03:43 PM
habfan4

Quote:
It's interesting, people seem to get riled up about Tucker's elbows or knees or whatever. The thing that disgusts me most about his play is actually the diving and whining. If he didn't have that side to his game, I'd probably actually like him as a player.
I agree, if he'd only shut his pie hole, Tucker would simply be known as a tough-nosed player and not "Side-Show Bob". Although, I suppose if the officials would simply start handing out unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (or bench minors as the case dictated) with a little more frequency then the guys who constantly yap at the ref would wise up.

Fact is, Tucker is the kind of player that team-mates love and opponents loathe. He occasionally crosses the line from edgy to dirty, but players whose game is all about emotion are susceptible to that.

Old
04-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Now there's another angle I don't buy. You pay $150 to see a hockey game and you want respect? What's wrong with that picture? And if you paid it not knowing that it's a contact sport and that Kovy and Koivu could get hurt, then you're doubly foolish. I definitely don't believe in the theory that the fans should be put on some kind of pedestal for "making players' careers possible". And we should get pats on the back for giving Tom Cruise and Jessica Simpson millions, and for buying a Ford or Chevy to keep the auto workers employed, eating so that the farmers can earn a living, voting Bush and Harper into power, etc. Jeez, come on and respect us guys! See what we do, all for you! You owe it all to us!!! (But we reserve the right to turn around and stab you in the back if you have a bad game or take out someone's knee with a hit gone awry. You understand. Just respect us anyway. ) Yeah, right.
Well at one point and in life in general I beleive that it's important to respect each other. We hear players always moaning about not wanting to get booed, they want us to respect their privacy, and so on, when do we get our respect from them. And yes, the more I pay the more I expect from the performer in front of me. And respect is part of it for me. You play by the rule, play hard, do your best and that's all I ask. But to know that there's a serial knee killer on the loose to get the best players of the league without being punished means that not only does Tucker doesn't respect the game but the league doesn't respect it as well 'cause they let that thing happen. Sorry but most of the time, knee on knee collisions are avoidable. If you don't you know something bad could happen and by still doing it you intend to injure.

I just found it real funny hearing Damphousse during the lockout saying how they were united, they are one, they are together since they are one big family and all of sudden, for the fun of it, those family members cross-check, check from behind, give the knees and so on each other just because they are passionnate????

Like someone said previously, Begin is passionnate, doesn't mean that one day he won't do something bad to somebody but since he's doing it often, he can be considered as passionnate but not cheap and dirty. Tucker for me is just that, doesn't know any other way, and it tells you that the more we see the end of the season, the more Tucker doesn't hesitate to be dirty, I wonder if he had a real shot for the playoffs if he would be the same type of guy......He's frustrated and if he doesn't stop being that way, it's him who'll get hurt, real hurt, and what would we say then??? Live by it, die by it, or retaliation is not the good example to give......

Don't get me wrong, I don't want this league to turn in a NO FUN LEAGUE, but to injure severely players, is no fun for me.

Closed Thread