HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

GDT: Flyers VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 04:25 PM
blah

vCash: 500
lol 5 on 2 would be sweet.

Old
10-29-2003, 04:38 PM
PF

Yeah that last period was a mess of penalties.

Old
10-29-2003, 05:09 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Good game. We played just horrible defensivley, I must admit. And thank-god for Jokinen 3rd man in'ing on that Tank-Trnka fight, I saw it coming and I was scared for Trnka!

Looks like next game their will be a nice bout between Hordichuck and Tank though

Old
10-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Brad*

Teezax is on fire! I think we found our new official game thread guy.

Justin Williams was again impressive tonight, and has been all year long. He's always played bigger than his size and this year he seems to have found some scoring touch-I think this could be his breakout year.

Joni Pitkanen looked very good as well. i don't know if it's just me but every time I see him on the ice I think something good is going to happen. I haven't been this excited about a Flyers rookie since...ever.

The defense and Esche looked good. Hackett will play tomorrow with the back to back games but right now Esche is playing better and until he starts to falter he should get the nod.

Nice animosity towards the end too.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Teezax

Great Game overall, the end was just a mess, glad the refs let the time go to end it. Looks like we can look forward to a sweet fight witht e Fridge and Hordichuk next game. How sweet would it have been to see a nice goaltender fight, reminded me of old school Philly tonight, too bad Brash wasn't there knocking a few guys around. Gotta love that sucker punch on Jokinen by the Fridge, serves him right for interfering with business.
3 for 9 on the PP
6 for 6 on th PK
Excellent Job on the Special teams tonight
I got scared when Amonte got flipped by the boards and landed on his head, it had concussion written all over it, happy to see him come back.

Teezax 3 for 3

12 goals for
1 against

Hopefully my luck will carry to tomorrow's game.

Old
10-30-2003, 12:42 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Very good game by the boys last night. 5 goals netted and only one let by Esche. Our special team ar really impressive! The PP is up to 23%! and the PK close to 90%.
Pitkänen continue to be strong, dito for Williams and Gagné. It seems that the chemistry between Styles and T-Bone is back !

Big match tonight at the CAA...

Old
10-30-2003, 03:29 AM
Flyers26

Teez... you da man!
Nice solid special team game! That's what wins games in this league!

Look at the Rag$, they have yet to score a PP goal!

Old
10-30-2003, 03:59 AM
Cuiffitelli

Damm the boys have looked hot the last few games. I hope they can keep it up tonight against the NJ Devils

Old
10-30-2003, 04:40 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Damm the boys have looked hot the last few games. I hope they can keep it up tonight against the NJ Devils
A postive comment from Mr. Negative! They must be really impressing you Cuiffitelli!

I'd love to see a great preformance on the national stage, tonite, vs. Debs!

Old
10-30-2003, 06:31 AM
Stonehands77

Anyone know the story with Amonte? He left after getting hit by Mezei (spelled wrong probably), and he definitely looked woozy. It'll be unfortunate if he misses any time, since he's been playing well so far.

Good job by the Flyers tonight. The PP continues to click along, and the offense is going well too. Of course, Florida gooning it up at the end was ridiculous, but according to the Florida announcers that's what happens when "guys don't know what's going to get called". WTF?!?! How does trying to start stuff after goals not get called??? Moron announcers. I feel so sorry for all Florida fans who have to listen to these guys. It's one thing to talk about random crap regarding the announcers during baseball. There's lots of downtime to fill in. Hockey, though, is constantly moving. So stop talking about some no-talent a$$clown's birthday or his stupid memories of getting his a$$ kicked in Philly 30 years ago and start talking about what's going on down on the ice!!! And that was on top of their horribly homeristic calls about everything. Yes, that Florida guy deserved his penalty. Yes, there really should have been that many powerplays. Yes, Jay Bouwmeester is getting shown up by Joni Pitkanen in this game. GET OVER IT, JACKA$$!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh, and I really can't wait for the next meeting between these teams. Brash should be back, so we'll see if the Panthers try to pull so much stupid crap the next time. It'll be nice to see Brash pound some sense back into them.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:08 AM
Sotnos

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
Moron announcers. I feel so sorry for all Florida fans who have to listen to these guys.
I am so glad it's not just me. When I complain about these two, I get told it's because I'm a Tampa homer, but they are awful. Florida is getting smoked, and their only focus is talking about how great their players are, calling the Flyers "soft" and making fun of Esche's rebound control? Making jokes after Amonte landed on his head was in terrible taste, hope he's OK. I missed the end of the game, sounds like I missed something!

Anyway, that was the first time I've gotten to see the Flyers play this year, looking good, that shot by Roenick was a beauty.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:29 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Hi

I am so glad it's not just me. When I complain about these two, I get told it's because I'm a Tampa homer, but they are awful. Florida is getting smoked, and their only focus is talking about how great their players are, calling the Flyers "soft" and making fun of Esche's rebound control? Making jokes after Amonte landed on his head was in terrible taste, hope he's OK. I missed the end of the game, sounds like I missed something!
No, it's not just you. Those guys sucked horribly. The things you're pointing out (calling the Flyers "soft", trying to compare JBo and Pitkanen when Pitkanen was smoking him in this game, and Esche's rebound control) I found absurd when I was listening. And trying to defend Hordichuk and the other goons going after the Flyers (WTF was up with someone coming up to LeClair near his bench after he scored and jawing with him??? HELLO, MORON, YOU'RE GETTING SMOKED!!! LEARN WHEN TO TALK TRASH AND WHEN NOT TO!) was beyond absurd. Then the constant talk about "birthday this" or jokes about "Hitch setting off the fire alarm in the building" were just annoying. No, Sotnos, it is indeed not just you. It should be everyone with two brain cells to rub together who dislikes these guys. They are a disgrace, plain and simple.

The thing that annoyed me was I couldn't do what I normally do for Red Sox/Patriots games up here, and just turn on the radio and listen to that instead of the craptacular announcers. Actually, that's something I've been noticing a lot lately. Is it just me, or are sports announcers getting worse? I mean, the national guys, at least in football and baseball, are generally annoying, if not downright horrible (this has nothing to do with mispronouncing names, but just being plain stupid in their calls/analysis), and now these clowns from Florida. God, put them with Tim McCarver, John Madden, Troy Aikman and most other network football announcers, and the Bill Walton and his smarmy "I'm better than anyone playing right now" attitude, send them to an island, and then napalm that island please. If we could only clone Harry Kalas or Merrill Reese and have them announce all the games, that would rock. Of course, bringing back Gene Hart would be the best option...he was the man. Alas, I'll have to keep listening to these morons run their mouths. Sadness.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:36 AM
Heimy

I actually mute the TV and listen to the radio call of the game. Jiggs McDonald does our radio play by play. Jeff Rimer blows worse than this hockey team.

Closed Thread