HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offiical GDT: PHI @ NYR 4/4/06

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Levitate...

not sure which one I'm talking about. Maybe it was Kapanen, but I was pretty sure that on the play Rozsival and Malik started the PP. I'm more confident on Rozsival than Malik, however.

Don't even remember the Carter chance. My memory's quickly fading.

Old
04-05-2006, 12:26 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
not sure which one I'm talking about. Maybe it was Kapanen, but I was pretty sure that on the play Rozsival and Malik started the PP. I'm more confident on Rozsival than Malik, however.

Don't even remember the Carter chance. My memory's quickly fading.
The pass that Kapanen picked off was by Prucha, I thought.

04-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Fletch

Wish the darn game...

wasn't on OLN...I have the DVR set for all MSG games... Was Malik and Rozsival at least on the point, or was I dreaming? Even my selective memory's starting to fail me.

Old
04-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Levitate

Quote:
wasn't on OLN...I have the DVR set for all MSG games... Was Malik and Rozsival at least on the point, or was I dreaming? Even my selective memory's starting to fail me.
I'm sure they were on the point at some time...Prucha wasn't playing the point, he was just high up (kind of trapping the defenseman) and turned it over. I think there was only 1 real clearcut breakaway by the flyers and that was the kapanen breakaway shorthanded.

go to nhl.com and watch their game highlights

Old
04-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Rozival glides the last stride and reaches for Gagne .... Jagr takes one stride after crossing the blueline and isn't even in position to touch Gagne.

Rozival made up 35 feet on Jagr .... now which one made the effort ???
Jagr is at fault as well, but for my money, Roszileetch was there already all he ahd to do was take one more stride and the backcheack wouldve been made. Theres a point where he's actually watching the play and he stops thinkng the puck isn't coming to Gagne...but...d'oh ! He read the play wrong, watch it again and see him stop because the shot was taken.

Whatever, we won and i'll take it, just don't like how Roszileetch has been playing this last month....

Old
04-05-2006, 03:06 PM
BigE

Quote:
on that breakaway, Levitate? Are we even thinking of the same breakawway late in the game? It's hard for me to remember though considering there was so much excitement from being at the game you just get caught up in the moment and can miss something like that. I'm almost positive, though, that Malik and Rozsival were on the points to start that PP.
Naw, it was Prooks.

Old
04-05-2006, 03:08 PM
BigE

Quote:
The brutal turnover by Kapanen was the difference. Flyers took control in the 2nd and were controlling the early part of the 3rd. Brutal giveaway by Kapanen after a face-off win changed the entire complexion of the game. Really energized the Rangers and the crowd. That combo plus the rangers 4 days off and 3 games in four nights ... only Esche kept the game going to a shootout.
I'd expect less excuses from a mod. Aren't you guys supposed to lead by example around here?

4 days off, 3 games in 4 nights, the Ranger crowd, a single give-away...I mean, geez, thanks for handing us the game!

Old
04-05-2006, 04:08 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
I'd expect less excuses from a mod. Aren't you guys supposed to lead by example around here?
In terms of decorum that's a fair expectation, but a fan is a fan and will offer excuses and apologies like any other. Ranger mods do the same.

Give John credit for showing up after a Flyers loss, and in the end all he's saying with the "the rangers 4 days off and 3 games in four nights [for the Flyers]" is that the Rangers outplayed the Flyers ... which they did.

Old
04-05-2006, 04:31 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE

4 days off, 3 games in 4 nights, the Ranger crowd, a single give-away...I mean, geez, thanks for handing us the game!
There was no excuse. The Rangers played real well during the 1st period and the final 14 miutes of the 3rd. The Kapanen turnover was the turning point and the biggest play of the night.

Without the turnover I think the Flyers keep the game at a slower pace and find a way to grind out the win. It's often one or two plays that determines the outcome of the game (see Holleweg hit and Ozo turnover last game at MSG).

Old
04-05-2006, 04:43 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
I didn't want to speak about the defensemen but felt compelled when I saw a tangential Poti bash, who I thought played very well except for his offensive zone brain fart late in the game. He made up for quite of few mistakes by Ozo, and a couple forwards (Ward comes to mind) and was adept at clearing the puck and actually threw the body a couple times, notably once behind the net with the hip check (can't remember who that was on, but it may've been Gagne).

And I do agree about Tyutin playing physical. I did think, however, that at times he struggled with the puck and struggled to get it out of the zone. I think Tyutin misses Kaspar, but if he keeps up his physical play and his steady play returns, we're looking at a nice defenseman heading into the playoffs.
Fletch, I certainly don't agree that Poti played very well. It seems like every time those two were out there last night the Flyers managed to get the puck deep and cycle in our zone. Too many times both Poti and Ozo were chasing the puck in their own zone. Now maybe its more of Poti trying to cover for Ozo but either way that pairing wasn't very good last night. Malik, I though had a decent game. Roszival, on the other hand, was probably our worst d-man last nite. Again he got caught for 2 or 3 holding/hooking calls and too many times looked lost out there.

Old
04-05-2006, 04:54 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/si...060404/2106.rm

The Gagne goal ... Rozival had gone in deep to play the puck. Jagr had rotated back. Rozival busted his *** the entire way and made up the 30 foot head start that Jagr had on him. If Jagr had busted it as hard as Rozival did, he takes Gagne out easily.
Problem also was that Jagr was at the end of a long shift. Desjardin started the play by stripping the puck from either Straka or Nylander and sending the Flyers the other way. Jags was going the opposite way and was outta gas. He never had a chance of catching Gagne. Roszival was screwed either way cause he didn't have help from his forwards. In that situation the goalie has got to try and send the rebound into the corner and not leave it in the crease (which is tough). Tough play all the way around and hard to fault anyone on that one (other than maybe Straka for getting stripped of the puck).

Old
04-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
Fletch, I certainly don't agree that Poti played very well. It seems like every time those two were out there last night the Flyers managed to get the puck deep and cycle in our zone. Too many times both Poti and Ozo were chasing the puck in their own zone. Now maybe its more of Poti trying to cover for Ozo but either way that pairing wasn't very good last night. Malik, I though had a decent game. Roszival, on the other hand, was probably our worst d-man last nite. Again he got caught for 2 or 3 holding/hooking calls and too many times looked lost out there.
Can't believe no one mentioned that Poti and Ozo fell down on each other at one point

Old
04-05-2006, 05:00 PM
jnyr

just a quick question, and maybe someone already posted this, its rare straka gets hit like that, but did anyone go after gauthier was orr in the lineup?

Old
04-05-2006, 05:02 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Can't believe no one mentioned that Poti and Ozo fell down on each other at one point
Yeah, kinda forgot about that. Everyone in my section groaned. Luckily the puck was in the neutral zone.

Old
04-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Fletch

Poti had to cover up...

for Ozo's mistakes. I do not believe many scoring chances arose when they were on the ice, and Poti was the one more often than not clearing the puck.

Agreed about Rozsival. I hope the old Rozsival comes back for the playoffs because he was real good prior to the Olympics. But, for balance purposes, this team really needs Kaspar back. Strudwick's a great team guy, but he's no Kaspar.

Old
04-05-2006, 05:22 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
for Ozo's mistakes. I do not believe many scoring chances arose when they were on the ice, and Poti was the one more often than not clearing the puck.

Agreed about Rozsival. I hope the old Rozsival comes back for the playoffs because he was real good prior to the Olympics. But, for balance purposes, this team really needs Kaspar back. Strudwick's a great team guy, but he's no Kaspar.
Maybe! One thing I will say is that Poti as physical as I've seen him play. Anyway just seems to me that Ozo and Poti have no chemistry together. Too much running around in their own zone. In the offensive zone Ozo made things happen. Once he got back into his own zone he didn't have a clue.

Don't know what the hell Roszi was thinking. Just seemed like all night he was a step slow. Malik played ok, but Roszi kept screwing up forcing Malik to help out. Might be time to break them up and try the following:

Malik - Poti
Tuytin - Roszi
Kaspar - Ozo

None of the current pairings have been playing that well lately. Shake things up and see what happens.

Old
04-05-2006, 06:35 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Give John credit for showing up after a Flyers loss, and in the end all he's saying with the "the rangers 4 days off and 3 games in four nights [for the Flyers]" is that the Rangers outplayed the Flyers ... which they did.
Then come out and say it.

Closed Thread