HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Doesn anyone have an Xbox 360?

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2006, 03:52 PM
The CUBE

vCash: 500
OT - Doesn anyone have an Xbox 360?

I have the Xbox 360 and I didn't buy NHL 2k6 because I found it wasn't good at all and i'm waiting for NHL 2007 to come out in the spring.

Want to know that if you have the 360 if you have Xbox live and would you play online NHL 2007?

And once it come out mybe we could set up an online league (tournament) or something in that nature.

Old
04-04-2006, 03:55 PM
ToNedOuT

I bought 2k6 for my 360 cause I didn't want to wait for a year for the newer game, and it SUCKS. Waste of money, I had it for like 2 weeks then traded it in.

Can't wait for NHL07 I'll be buying that for sure and definately be playing it online.

Old
04-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledemers
I have the Xobox 360 and I didn't buy NHL 2k6 because I found it wasn't good at all and i'm waiting for NHL 2007 to come out in the spring.

Want to know that fo you have the 360 if you have Xbox live and would you play online NHL 2007?
I used to have a 360, wasn't impressed and sold it. I had COD 2 and I rented NHL 2k6. Personally I'm not a fan of EA sports, never have so I wouldn't buy into the series. The gameplay is just too unrealistic I find (too arcady). If you checkout reviews on major sites, most of them all say the same about EA series.

Old
04-04-2006, 04:00 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I used to have a 360, wasn't impressed and sold it. I had COD 2 and I rented NHL 2k6. Personally I'm not a fan of EA sports, never have so I wouldn't buy into the series. The gameplay is just too unrealistic I find (too arcady). If you checkout reviews on major sites, most of them all say the same about EA series.
well for me it's the co,plete opposite. I had NHL 2006 on my PS2 and sold it when the 360 came out.

I've actually had EA sports NLH games since it came out and I've bought the game every year since. Personally I find it the best game of all hockey games.

The one thing that I think really needs improvement is the play by play. Once they get that down I'll be one happy camper. ( I would also love for it to be harder but I was impressed with NHL 2006 it's been the hardest one yet)

As for the 360, I'm actually quite happy with mine especially since i got my HD tv.

Old
04-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Shabutie

I found all of them much to easy my friend had the 2006, and we could score 12+ goals on the hardest dificulty (and the goalies at max). On NHL 2K6, we put it to the hardest difficulty (goalies near max) and our games are far more realistic. I also find the AI much better on the 2k series. That might just be me. The only thing I think is better with the EA series are the graphics, everything else imo, is better in the 2k series.

Old
04-04-2006, 04:06 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
well for me it's the co,plete opposite. I had NHL 2006 on my PS2 and sold it when the 360 came out.

I've actually had EA sports NLH games since it came out and I've bought the game every year since. Personally I find it the best game of all hockey games

The one thing that I think really needs improvement is the play by play. Once they get that down I'll be one happy camper. ( I would also love for it to be harder but I was impressed with NHL 2006 it's been the hardest one yet)

As for the 360, I'm actually quite happy with mine especially since i got my HD tv.
I said the exact same thing for over 5 years until I tried the 2K series last year. Have you tried it? Maybe you have and still prefer EA, I guess you would be the exception to the rule.

Old
04-04-2006, 04:09 PM
les3couleurs

It takes a lot of adjusting going from EA to 2K. I was an EA games guy until 2003, but at that point I found the game quality to be decreasing every year attaining an extreme around that time.

I heard good reviews about 2K3 and gave it a try. I didn't like at first. I didn't play for a couple of months, then tried it again and gradually learned to play.

It's so much different from EA hockey, it plays more real hockey, IMHO. It certainly has its faults, but for long time EA fans who want something more like simulation it's definitely the way to go. It still requires a period of adaptation a lot of people are not willing to suffer through.

I've gone back and tried the last EA NHL games and found them unplayable. The only EA game I still play is their baseball which they nailed. They've gone the more simulation-way and it's worked.

Old
04-04-2006, 04:24 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
I said the exact same thing for over 5 years until I tried the 2K series last year. Have you tried it? Maybe you have and still prefer EA, I guess you would be the exception to the rule.
I have not tried the 2k series and I guess I will have to try them (other than the 2k6).

Old
04-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
I have not tried the 2k series and I guess I will have to try them (other than the 2k6).
2k series are great on the XBOX I don't know what they did on 360, I hated it as well. The funniest part was the players, all of their faces were fat.

Old
04-04-2006, 04:42 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
2k series are great on the XBOX I don't know what they did on 360, I hated it as well. The funniest part was the players, all of their faces were fat.
I know it was hilarious. I didn't really like the game play either. I guess I will have to try both versions when they come out and see which on eI like best and buy that one.

And yes I will give equal shot to both games and see which one I like best.

Old
04-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Habs13

When the F is PS3 coming out?

Old
04-04-2006, 04:49 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

lmao, there's still people waiting for EA's nhl games? Are you kidding guys, those are the worst games on earth.

Old
04-04-2006, 04:56 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
You guessed right.
The 2K series has a lot of options to adjust the gameplay. So you can customise the game to feel more like real life or go arcade mode ala EA.

Thing is , you almost have to adjust the game but for me that part of why I like it.
I can hardly explain the differences between the 2 games, you really have to try them out.

Old
04-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Habber

The first release of hockey games on a new system have always sucked. Sucked on PS and PS2/Xbox. I bet 2K7 is much better.

I've always been an EA fan, but NHL05 was brutal, 2K5 was much better. EA did rebound a bit as NHL06 wasn't bad and moved away from the arcade style a little bit.

Right now, for me, Sega's is better, but it will be intersting to see who makes the better transition to next gen consoles.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
windsyhabfan

ps3 out this november. but sony is going to a worldwide release, with only about a million units at launch. so don't plan on getting one.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsyhabfan
ps3 out this november. but sony is going to a worldwide release, with only about a million units at launch. so don't plan on getting one.
I got a 360 and they only released like a 1/4 million at launch.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:41 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
First generation games on any new console are usually pretty "average" and don't live up to the hype. It takes 1 to 2 years to developpers to completly "understand" the hardware and to the engine companys to build things that sue the hardware. It will be the same with PS3.

That's why I always wait a year before buying a new console. The best games for the 360 will mainly start to come out late 2007 (christmas), and in 2008 (not saying that there won't be good games before that).

Old
04-04-2006, 09:45 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
I have a XBOX 360... i bought 2k6 ans think the gamne isnt that great.... but i stiil have fun building my franchise. But I would really like to join any league for NHL2007 because I will be the first to bvuy it next year

Closed Thread