HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should we be afraid of thursday's game and the rest of April?

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Should we be afraid of thursday's game and the rest of April?

I'm not negative or anything, and the Habs have been playing fantastic since the break, but should we be a bit worried? It would suck so bad to have the Habs play this well and come up short by a point or 2.

Anyways, GO HABS GO! Lets finish 7th or 6th

Old
04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Don't worry...we are almost in the playoff. Atlanta would need to win almost all their games if they want to finish in front of us, or Tampa...

We shouldn't be worried at all because we are a good team, better then most people actually think. We will have won our place in the playoff and we can dream about the cup because we could win it...we never know.

Old
04-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Habs4ever

This is good preparing for playoff run!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15
I'm not negative or anything, and the Habs have been playing fantastic since the break, but should we be a bit worried? It would suck so bad to have the Habs play this well and come up short by a point or 2.

Anyways, GO HABS GO! Lets finish 7th or 6th

after beating up on marginal teams we need some tough competetion and maybe even few losses just to make sure we are ready for playoff. I don't want to cruise and get destroyed by superior team, its blessing now that we are pretty much in the playoff!!

Old
04-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Although it would take a disaster of huge proportions for this team to miss the playoffs at this point... I'm still a bit nervous.

2 games against Ottawa, Buffalo and Jersey each. Fortunately, Ottawa and Buffalo haven't been themselves lately. New Jersey mini-series is sure to be huge.

Oh ya, and a game against the Bruins. Should be fun

Old
04-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Chfan
HFB Partner

No, especially not next Monday cuz I'm going for the second time this season

Last time I went Theo was a beast and played his best game of the year, his last actually. (Against Tampa 3-2)

Old
04-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Form and Substance

Yes, it would really take a disaster to fall from a playoff spot at this juncture in time. Yes it would. Toronto already needs 10 pts in 8 games (a record of 5-3) and likewise for Atlanta and Florida if we lose ALL OUR REMAINING GAMES. I'd say our chances are close to 95%.

Old
04-04-2006, 10:59 PM
StanAjax

Thursday will be our last regulation loss. We'll finish with our best point total since 93-94. Don't worry at all.

Old
04-05-2006, 07:45 AM
SensRbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Although it would take a disaster of huge proportions for this team to miss the playoffs at this point... I'm still a bit nervous.

2 games against Ottawa, Buffalo and Jersey each. Fortunately, Ottawa and Buffalo haven't been themselves lately. New Jersey mini-series is sure to be huge.

Oh ya, and a game against the Bruins. Should be fun
Haven't been ourselves, no because of 7 key players injured, but we keep on winning most games

Old
04-05-2006, 08:15 AM
mcphee

At this time of year, I'm worried every game until the one where they shake hands afterwards.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Netro

Afraid? No.

The Habs just finished the easiest part of the schedule and got 16 of 20 points. Mission accomplished.

The remaining 7 games will be difficult with 2 games against Ottawa, NJ and Buffalo. I think 3-3 in these games would be great. Then, hopefully, a win in the other game against Boston and the team finishes with 94 points.

The key in the last 7 games will be to continue to play well and keep the momentum heading into the playoffs, as well as players get a chance to rest, specifically Huet. We should see Abs at least for 1 of these games (there is a back to back set of games)

Old
04-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
This is a perfect time to send a message to every team in the league.Beating Ottawa and Buffalo will open alot of eyes!Comon boys

GO HABS GO

Old
04-05-2006, 08:36 AM
RC51

The key to Ottawa right now is Spezza/Heatly and Alfredson if he is back. Thier top defence is OUT thier top goalie is OUT
As long as Bonk Begin and Downey do a good job, Ottawa won't win.
The Habs have team speed and a good goalie now.

Old
04-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Worry? No, infact i think we should be optimistic. Im eager to see what this team can do against a Team like the Sens, Canes, or what i call stiff competetion!!

Old
04-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Worry? No, infact i think we should be optimistic. Im eager to see what this team can do against a Team like the Sens, Canes, or what i call stiff competetion!!
If we win thursday I'll be thrilled!!

Ottawa is a great hockey team, we'll have to be at our best to compete with them. We have a good chance with their injuries though, no doubt.

Cap

Closed Thread