HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Is the Toughest Hab?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2006, 10:52 PM
  #1
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Who Is the Toughest Hab?

I was wondering who everyone thinks would be the toughest Hab to fight?

My pick is Souray.


EDIT: Current roster

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 10:54 PM
  #2
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Souray of course.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:01 PM
  #3
HABit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: HABville
Country: Canada
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Are we counting Ivanans because he would destroy Souray.

If not, it is between Souray and Downey.

HABit is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:03 PM
  #4
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABit
Are we counting Ivanans because he would destroy Souray.

If not, it is between Souray and Downey.
He said Current Roster. And Downey isn't even close to Souray. Downey has lost more than he's won (I believe).

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:07 PM
  #5
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,138
vCash: 500
Rivet, Souray, and Komisarek all have a very good balance of toughness and strength

Hackett is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:08 PM
  #6
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
He said Current Roster. And Downey isn't even close to Souray. Downey has lost more than he's won (I believe).

Right, and Souray would destroy ivananns

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:08 PM
  #7
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Ribeiro is trying hard but my vote also goes to Sourray


Last edited by Freaky Habs Fan: 04-04-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:09 PM
  #8
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Souray he's a MONSTER

JMMR is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:09 PM
  #9
HABit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: HABville
Country: Canada
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
He said Current Roster. And Downey isn't even close to Souray. Downey has lost more than he's won (I believe).
Ok missed that...

Don't get me wrong, Souray is one of my favorite Habs and a real tough guy with lots of heart but winning and losing doesn't tell the whole story. Souray's last 2 fights were against a turtle and a guy hiding under his jersey.

When I think of Downey I still see that knockout punch!

HABit is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:10 PM
  #10
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Rivet, Souray, and Komisarek all have a very good balance of toughness and strength

yes we now have a good balance of size and strength, along with speed and offensive talents on defence(especially since streit, and komisareks emergence)

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:11 PM
  #11
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABit
Ok missed that...

Don't get me wrong, Souray is one of my favorite Habs and a real tough guy with lots of heart but winning and losing doesn't tell the whole story. Souray's last 2 fights were against a turtle and a guy hiding under his jersey.

When I think of Downey I still see that knockout punch!

Ok but you can't judge fighting in the NHL by your last 2 fights.Unless you only fought 2 times )

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:12 PM
  #12
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABit
Ok missed that...

Don't get me wrong, Souray is one of my favorite Habs and a real tough guy with lots of heart but winning and losing doesn't tell the whole story. Souray's last 2 fights were against a turtle and a guy hiding under his jersey.

When I think of Downey I still see that knockout punch!
That was one fight though, I think he lost all of his other 3 this year. He's not a great fighter by any means.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:13 PM
  #13
barfy2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Out of regular players, Souray for sure...but Zednik is pretty tough...maybe not the best fighter (even though he does really well when he does) he can take a lot of punishment...

barfy2000 is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:13 PM
  #14
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Yeah Souray wins easily. I have not even seen him come close to losing a fight. The worst I have seen him do is probably when he fought McCarty and McCarty got like 2 quick ones in at the end. Too bad Souray had already destroyed him before. If you have that fight on video, watch it in slo-mo and watch the punch that cuts McCarty. The impact on that is amazing, and you can tell McCarty felt it hard, he pulls his head away and winces quite a bit. Surprising McCarty stayed on his feet actaully, someone not as tough would probably have gone down from that.

felixd is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:16 PM
  #15
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
That was one fight though, I think he lost all of his other 3 this year. He's not a great fighter by any means.

My take on Downey is a hard worker who hustles all the time, and finishes his checks. A guy who blocks shots and would stand up to anyone. He doesn't take stupid penalties, or make stupid plays. He competes every game.


EDIT: he is not an enforcer but can fill the role if needed

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:18 PM
  #16
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,138
vCash: 500
I know rivet hasn't fought for a while but he's as tough as nails too.

He should get some honourable mention

Hackett is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:19 PM
  #17
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Yeah Souray wins easily. I have not even seen him come close to losing a fight. The worst I have seen him do is probably when he fought McCarty and McCarty got like 2 quick ones in at the end. Too bad Souray had already destroyed him before. If you have that fight on video, watch it in slo-mo and watch the punch that cuts McCarty. The impact on that is amazing, and you can tell McCarty felt it hard, he pulls his head away and winces quite a bit. Surprising McCarty stayed on his feet actaully, someone not as tough would probably have gone down from that.

I remember that one

When he is fighting he always looks ready to throw one with the other guy on the end of his arm...

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:20 PM
  #18
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Rivet and Souray would be an epic battle, man they can both throw'em when they are angry. That would just be scary. They get my vote for overall toughness. Downey, Begin and Komisarek are up there for being tough in different senses of the word.

TroyM is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:20 PM
  #19
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I know rivet hasn't fought for a while but he's as tough as nails too.

He should get some honourable mention

I agree he is our #2

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:22 PM
  #20
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,125
vCash: 500
Sourray, Rivet. Anybody who goes in a corner with Rivet has to pay the price.

znk is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:37 PM
  #21
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
in order:

1.Souray

2.Rivet

3.Todd Simpson

4.Mike Komisarek

5.Aaron Downey

6.Richard Zednik

7.Garth Murray

8.Alex Kovalev

9.Steve Begin

10.Francis Bouillon


it gets hard after 5 IMO

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:40 PM
  #22
terreur
Registered User
 
terreur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
in order:

1.Souray

2.Rivet

3.Todd Simpson

4.Mike Komisarek

5.Aaron Downey

6.Richard Zednik

7.Garth Murray

8.Alex Kovalev

9.Steve Begin

10.Francis Bouillon


it gets hard after 5 IMO
I agree with your order in general... but is Zednick that tough? i would keep the same order with Zednik at number 10...

terreur is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:40 PM
  #23
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Wow we have a lot of toughness on this team after putting this list together, i had a few more guys with toughness after 10.....


its been a long time look out here we come


were gonna kick your but and then skate down the ice and score all the way to the cup

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:42 PM
  #24
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
in order:

1.Souray

2.Rivet

3.Todd Simpson

4.Mike Komisarek

5.Aaron Downey

6.Richard Zednik

7.Garth Murray

8.Alex Kovalev

9.Steve Begin

10.Francis Bouillon


it gets hard after 5 IMO
I'd rate kovalev a little higher. He has the ability to be a power forward if he wants. But i'm not complaining seeing the way he can dangle.

Hackett is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:42 PM
  #25
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by terreur
I agree with your order in general... but is Zednick that tough? i would keep the same order with Zednik at number 10...


you don't notice Zed being very tough since that hit in the playoffs a few yrs ago, but he can throw em when he's pissed

Toro is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.