HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who Is the Toughest Hab?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2006, 10:45 PM
  #26
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
in order:

1.Souray

2.Rivet

3.Todd Simpson

4.Mike Komisarek

5.Aaron Downey

6.Richard Zednik

7.Garth Murray

8.Alex Kovalev

9.Steve Begin


10.Francis Bouillon


it gets hard after 5 IMO
Horrible order for those guys. Kovalev is imo one of the least tough guys on the team. Remember the little tap on the wrist from Green (I believe) in the playoffs last year? Even Ribeiro would've continued skating after that (although he was probably faking to get a penalty). My top 10 would be; Souray, Rivet, Simpson, Begin, Komo, Downey, Murray, Bouillon, Ryder, Zednik.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 10:56 PM
  #27
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Horrible order for those guys. Kovalev is imo one of the least tough guys on the team. Remember the little tap on the wrist from Green (I believe) in the playoffs last year? Even Ribeiro would've continued skating after that (although he was probably faking to get a penalty). My top 10 would be; Souray, Rivet, Simpson, Begin, Komo, Downey, Murray, Bouillon, Ryder, Zednik.

my order is #1 fighter to #10 fighter on the team not overall toughness throught the game. if it was so i would agree with you. Kovalev is an offensive guy first and tough guy last. but if you fight that big russian your gonna pay a big price

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 10:58 PM
  #28
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
my order is #1 fighter to #10 fighter on the team not overall toughness throught the game. if it was so i would agree with you. Kovalev is an offensive guy first and tough guy last. but if you fight that big russian your gonna pay a big price
I don't think he's as strong as most believe, though it is surprising that he's as strong as he is without using weights. He seems smaller than Koivu though (build) and most of the rest of the team with the exeption of Ribeiro.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:00 PM
  #29
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I don't think he's as strong as most believe, though it is surprising that he's as strong as he is without using weights. He seems smaller than Koivu though (build) and most of the rest of the team with the exeption of Ribeiro.

Come on buddy look at his Height and weight He is one of the biggest guys on our team


EDIT: according to montreals official website he is 6.2 210lbs

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:06 PM
  #30
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
Come on buddy look at his Height and weight He is one of the biggest guys on our team


EDIT: according to montreals official website he is 6.2 210lbs
I know that but Saku (180pds) looks bigger to me. Build wize I mean. Kovalev is more square, and doesn't seem to have as much muscle as most of our guys.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:10 PM
  #31
Un HabitHuet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
Who was that guy Zednik absolutly destroyed a couple of years back?

Un HabitHuet* is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:25 PM
  #32
DicAnns
Registered User
 
DicAnns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un HabitHuet
Who was that guy Zednik absolutly destroyed a couple of years back?
Chris Drury

http://media.putfile.com/Zednik-vs-Drury

DicAnns is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:29 PM
  #33
Un HabitHuet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73
Thanks for that.

Un HabitHuet* is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:32 PM
  #34
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73
It took a while before he started throwing, didn't really seem to want to fight.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:32 PM
  #35
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73
Dang, Zeds got fast arms.

felixd is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:35 PM
  #36
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Dang, Zeds got fast arms.
Not as fast as Murray though, that Murray - Ondrus fight was hilarious.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:35 PM
  #37
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Dang, Zeds got fast arms.

ya after drury scored a couple hits Zed got mad and threw about a dozen

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:36 PM
  #38
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Not as fast as Murray though, that Murray - Ondrus fight was hilarious.
I hate Ben Ondrus, I was prety happy when Murray took him on

felixd is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:38 PM
  #39
DicAnns
Registered User
 
DicAnns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
It took a while before he started throwing, didn't really seem to want to fight.
your right... i think Zednik really didn't want to fight... he just wanted to hold him until the refs would come and separate them.
but after Drury hit him a couple times, man did he get mad and gave him a lesson!

DicAnns is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:41 PM
  #40
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73
your right... i think Zednik really didn't want to fight... he just wanted to hold him until the refs would come and separate them.
but after Drury hit him a couple times, man did he get mad and gave him a lesson!

your probably right he was waiting for the reffs to seperat them or a mutual hold till all cools down then Zed took a couple hits and finished it then and there with a flurry of hits in a couple of sequences before it was over with drury going to one knee

Toro is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:45 PM
  #41
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,319
vCash: 500
I've always thought Rivet and Souray were two of the tougher fighters that can actually play good hockey. You guys have a pretty physical defense Komy, Rivet, Souray and that scrappy little bugger Boullion.

joshjull is online now  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:48 PM
  #42
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,747
vCash: 500
i love watching souray fighting... you can see the madness from his eyes and the way he punches !

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
04-04-2006, 11:52 PM
  #43
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I know that but Saku (180pds) looks bigger to me. Build wize I mean. Kovalev is more square, and doesn't seem to have as much muscle as most of our guys.


is it me or do you think you could have an issue with kovalev or what. Give him some credit. remember him taking out Tucker? man i see it in my mind all the time it was great!!

Toro is offline  
Old
04-05-2006, 12:05 AM
  #44
grapeshine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
No votes for Saku? He fought cancer and won!! That's a whole different level of tough.

grapeshine is offline  
Old
04-05-2006, 01:44 AM
  #45
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 10,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
is it me or do you think you could have an issue with kovalev or what.
No kidding. Kovalev's a very large man. Koivu's tiny. Without equipment this is all the more evident.

Shabutie's a fine poster, but certainly biased when it comes to Kovalev.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
04-05-2006, 02:23 AM
  #46
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73
That's got to be one of my favorite fights. I mean, Zednik? Awesome.

benji is offline  
Old
04-05-2006, 02:38 AM
  #47
GoHabsGO252006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
Rivet doesn't fight often but when he does he goes ballistic....I would pick him. He absolutely loses it and every fight i've seen him in he destroys the other guy.
imo...Sourray is a close second.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline  
Old
04-05-2006, 07:33 AM
  #48
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABit
Are we counting Ivanans because he would destroy Souray.
What are you basing this on? Just because he's big doesn't make him a great fighter. I haven't ever see him win a clear decision, have you?

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
04-05-2006, 07:46 AM
  #49
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill pickles
What are you basing this on? Just because he's big doesn't make him a great fighter. I haven't ever see him win a clear decision, have you?
He pretty much destroyed McGrattan in the preseason.
And you can't compare McGrattan to guys like Sarich, Malone, and Alberts

Ivanans would destroy anyone on the Habs and pretty much anyone
in the league IMO.

fufonzo is offline  
Old
04-05-2006, 08:22 AM
  #50
FlavorFlav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Zimbabwe
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Pound for pound, Steve Begin.

...and for the record, anyone who can take a punch from Chara where part of your face flies off, la Ivanans, and casually skate to the penalty box like it was nothing, well...if that ain't tough...

FlavorFlav is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.