HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 'Thank you Tom Renney' post

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2006, 06:56 AM
kickice

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kickice
The 'Thank you Tom Renney' post

I have to be honest, and say that I didn't think he had this in him, I didn't think he could get this group through a season like this.

But whatever happens from now on in, Tom Renney has done what those before him couldn't, and he's done it in the season so many people expected the Rangers to bomb in a spectacular way.

Renney has brought a heck of a lot of pride back to the New York Rangers, and I thank him for that above everything. For years a laughing stock amongst many, now the Rangers hold their heads up high.

I know there is a lot of great competition for coach of the year award, but I really hope Renney wins it. Sure, Canes and Buffalo fans for example may have something to say with that, but, Renney has done what he's done under the spotlight in New York. And always conducted himself with good grace. The man's been a class-act this season.

Anyway, onwards we go, still a lot to play for in the regular season, let alone the playoffs, but I just wanted to focus on Renney and of course his coaching staff, as they deserve a heck of a lot of credit.

Old
04-05-2006, 07:22 AM
DimaNYR

Renney is one of the most intelligent and "smooth-talking" guys I've ever listened to. I'm just mezmorized by the sound of his voice seriously

Old
04-05-2006, 08:03 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Exactly. Renney is one smart hockey man. The guy should be a shoe-in for coach of the year considering what this franchise has done (or rather, hasn't done) over the past 8 or 9 years. Buffalo and Carolina have at least made the playoffs in recent years.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:04 AM
NYR469

Old
04-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Fletch

I'm thanking Jagr...

and I guess that would mean thanking Sather for stealing him. Jagr controls this team. If he's on, this team wins even if he doesn't score because his mood resonates throughout the team. If he's going through the motions, the entire team is going through the motions. He seems like not only is he the points leader, he's the spiritual leader out there. It's his team and man does he deserve the MVP award.

Old
04-05-2006, 09:22 AM
shoothepuck

Renney has done a great job of getting this team to do much more than what everyone expected of them. Now on to the playoffs.

Old
04-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Chimp

Hey, don't forget to give Lundqvist credit. All those games when he has stood on his head has given Rangers alot of points they probably wouldn't have had without him.

Old
04-05-2006, 10:52 AM
DarthSather99

I've congratulated Renney on multiple occasions on the season via E-mail. He responded to many saying "thanks for your support" and stay patience with us (rebuilding).... I guess he's not aware of what us ranger fans will put up with.

Old
04-05-2006, 11:01 AM
RangersFan88*

i seriously would have never thought that this team could do it .... but i guess thats ´what made them strong .... nobody beleaved in this team to come up big this season ... and i think after the first 2 months were players coaches and FANS realized that in this season everything is far far away from the expectations made before .... we all started to believe ..... thats what brought us all here ... after 7 years the rangers did it ,7 years and everybody thought its gonna be 8 .... the NEW YORK RANGERS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS !!!

thank you lundquist thank you jagr thank you to EVERYBODY ON THE TEAM (even hossa ) and thank you coach renney

you made all of new york proud (islanders fans are no real new yorkers )
and me a boy from germany who is sad that he cant be there to see at least one game

Old
04-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Its a PP Goal

I'm most impressed with Renney's ability to integrate everyone into his system. His system works for everyone- the scorers, the lunch pail players, newcomers like Sykora and Ozo. I think the Rangers can get Ulanov and Kamensky back in a Rangers uniform and they'll be fine.

Old
04-05-2006, 11:17 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth
I'm most impressed with Renney's ability to integrate everyone into his system. His system works for everyone- the scorers, the lunch pail players, newcomers like Sykora and Ozo. I think the Rangers can get Ulanov and Kamensky back in a Rangers uniform and they'll be fine.

Um, Let's NOT and say we did.....ok?

Old
04-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
and I guess that would mean thanking Sather for stealing him. Jagr controls this team. If he's on, this team wins even if he doesn't score because his mood resonates throughout the team. If he's going through the motions, the entire team is going through the motions. He seems like not only is he the points leader, he's the spiritual leader out there. It's his team and man does he deserve the MVP award.
Who was responsible for getting Jagr to buy into the system though?

Old
04-05-2006, 12:13 PM
ArtVandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
Who was responsible for getting Jagr to buy into the system though?
More like adapting the system to fit Jagr's style when he's on the ice.

Old
04-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Actually, both. Jagr backchecks this season, remember?

Old
04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickice

I have to be honest, and say that I didn't think he had this in him, I didn't think he could get this group through a season like this.
I didn't think he had this in him either. I'm so glad to be proved wrong!

Tom Renney

Old
04-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Fletch

Buy into the system?

Jags is playing the same way he played years ago in PITT while healthy. He does what he wants. Renney wanted the power play to work one way, Jagr another, and Jagr kept doing the same thing. Renney figured out that the way to deal with Jags is to let him do his thing, and if the team is winning, go with it. Campbell figured that out with Mess, then Gretzky. I like Renney a lot, as he is a breath of fresh air and I buy into what he's trying to do. But this is Jagr's team, not Renney's.

Old
04-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Block More Shots

Great job Renney! We finally got a solid coach in here that could handle the job.

Old
04-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
It's amazing what happens to a team that has a coach with a plan and a backbone.

Congrats Renney!

Old
04-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
During the lockout season, I had a chance to meet Renney at those meetings at MSG. He's not only a great coach but a good guy. He is class! It couldn't have happened to a better person. He deserves every accolade he gets!

And Fletch, if Jagr didn't like Renney, he wouldn't have played as well. Renney knows how to deal with him.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Fletch

I agree Kovy...

and the way it was done was to leave him alone to his own devices and let him free. That's the way Jagr works best. Some coaches may try to get Jagr to be someone else, which may not work. I like Renney, but at the same time, don't really know how great a coach he is. I look at Hitchcock and see a great coach - his team had Primeau gone, lost numerous defensemen, lost Gagne for some time, lost Forsberg some time, had unstable goaltending and still is only a couple points behind the Rangers. Renney's job, comparatively speaking, was fairly easy. If he didn't have Jagr for 10 games in the middle of the season and did the same, perhaps I'd think differently. But he didn't. Like I said, Renney seems like a breath of fresh air. He appears to be liked by his players and seems like a guy people would play for. For me to say he's done a spectacular job at this point would be tough though.

Old
04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Good points Fletch. Especially about Hitchcock. How come he gets no mention for the Jack Adams?

Old
04-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Fletch

I think people are

looking at Buffalo, the Rangers and Carolina because two seasons ago they weren't in the playoffs. Me, I looked at this season as a fresh start. Many teams had a lot of turnover. Many teams had prospects mature another year. To me, it's different than going from 2003-2004 to 2004-2005, since that season was skipped. And heck, nobody's talking about the West. Detroit's got a decent record, as do the Avs (sans Forsberg), and Nashville.

Closed Thread