HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part V

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2017, 01:38 PM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Some one sell me on a Murray/Milano 2nd pkg , is it that bad? Esp if there's conditions on the pick?
Ya that's awful.

Old
09-03-2017, 01:41 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
Ya that's awful.
Idk it's three cost controlled assets for a guy that's outta here

What's really wrong with it? Replace Milano with Bjork?

Old
09-03-2017, 01:44 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Idk it's three cost controlled assets for a guy that's outta here

What's really wrong with it? Replace Milano with Bjork?
Usually when you use a / it means one of the two players. By this post I'd assume you meant Murray + Milano + 2nd?

Personally CBJ's picks are going to be late enough that if they wouldn't make that 2nd a 1st, they are not serious about the trade.

Old
09-03-2017, 01:46 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Usually when you use a / it means one of the two players. By this post I'd assume you meant Murray + Milano + 2nd?
Yes or Bjork instead of Milano

Old
09-03-2017, 01:49 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Yes or Bjork instead of Milano
I'd do it if it was Bjork instead of Milano, but I'm higher on Murray than most. Like I said, I also don't think CBJ is serious unless that pick is their 1st rounder.

Old
09-03-2017, 02:03 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Some one sell me on a Murray/Milano 2nd pkg , is it that bad? Esp if there's conditions on the pick?
Might as well keep him around for another 1.5 years and risk to let him walk for free.

Yeah that is that bad...

Milano IMO will not amount to much at the NHL level. Murray is decent but not nearly good enough (he will never be a core guy IMO. Solid middle-pairing guy maybe with problems of staying healthy) and a late 2nd for Duchene does not matter...

Hell no.

If the Avs have to settle for Murray and a non-PLD prospect, they better get a 2018 1st out of it as well...

Old
09-03-2017, 02:05 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Might as well keep him around for another 1.5 years and risk to let him walk for free.

Yeah that is that bad...

Milano IMO will not amount to much at the NHL level. Murray is decent but not nearly good enough and a late 2nd for Duchene does not matter...

Hell no.
So you'd rather lose him for nothing?

Old
09-03-2017, 02:07 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
So you'd rather lose him for nothing?
I'd rather suffer through another 18 months of drama waiting for better offers and risk losing him for nothing (given that Sakic is not exactly good at that whole deadline thing) than take that abomination of a deal. Yes.

No interest in making one of the worst deals in recent history personally. Avs are already a huge laughingstock.
Don't need to add to that by making a deal like this.

I'd rather get the 18th pick straight up in the 2018 1st round at next years draft than take this deal.

Old
09-03-2017, 02:13 PM
the_fan

Duchene is gonna walk as a UFA, mark my words. The only thing they can do now is hope that the team has a massive improvement next season and Duchene agrees to resign, but realistically who here (other than Sea Eagles) sees a massive improvement for the Avs? I don't see it

Last edited by the_fan: 09-03-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old
09-03-2017, 02:28 PM
agentblack

Crazier things have happened
But success ,or in the Avs case , some improvements like say Duchess scoring playing with Jost or JTC etc could change the outlook and attitudes

I mean losing him for nothing would be the absolute worst outcome like we should all just close the Avs board on HF and just say we have no idea what's happening if that happened

Old
09-03-2017, 02:33 PM
McMetal
Writer of Wrongs

To change the subject from the Duchene ad nauseum, does anybody else think this will be Barrie's last season with the Avs? If the Avs follow their pattern of giving their first rounders NHL time after one season, both Makar and Meloche could be making a case for regular NHL playing time on the right side for 18-19. That makes Barrie very, very expendable, since it's pretty clear he won't re-sign here. He'll have two full years left on his deal and I'm sure there will be a lot of interest based on how much speculation there was around the arbitration.

Obviously, how expendable he is depends on how Makar and Meloche look, but it's a distinct possibility right now.

Old
09-03-2017, 02:39 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMetal View Post
To change the subject from the Duchene ad nauseum, does anybody else think this will be Barrie's last season with the Avs? If the Avs follow their pattern of giving their first rounders NHL time after one season, both Makar and Meloche could be making a case for regular NHL playing time on the right side for 18-19. That makes Barrie very, very expendable, since it's pretty clear he won't re-sign here. He'll have two full years left on his deal and I'm sure there will be a lot of interest based on how much speculation there was around the arbitration.

Obviously, how expendable he is depends on how Makar and Meloche look, but it's a distinct possibility right now.
Oh absolutely, hell they should do it this year either at the TDL or at the draft

Old
09-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Balthazar
Someone

Quote:
To change the subject from the Duchene ad nauseum, does anybody else think this will be Barrie's last season with the Avs?
It should but it probably won't be. IMO Barrie should be traded now with 3 years left on contract.

Old
09-03-2017, 02:50 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Seems like a reasonable summary, although I would not agree with every point.

I do find it interesting about how the media has been harping on the Duchene situation for so long, but not Landeskog. I do not recall Sakic coming out at any point and saying that he would not trade Landeskog, or that Landeskog was not on the trading block, yet the media has not obsessively focused on him as they have with Duchene. Some of that may be attributable to Landeskog being more emphatic about wanting to remain in Colorado, compared to Duchene's non-committal statements. I still, however, find it strange how the two situations have been portrayed in the media.
It is funny it went from every core player is on the block where last summer it was just as much about Barrie and Landy as it was Duchene and now it's "the Duchene trade". But it's not the media making it up, there is something that drives these rumors. Its driven by what the Avs are actually doing as far as talks.

And yes it's sad the only time we hear from Sakic is when he gives a couple quotes from the golf course. I get we want to move on to the season, I'm ready to just see what happens and put it behind us. I know the negativity gets old. But I just haven't seen one acknowledgement from the org that they just had a 48 point season. The things they've done they would have if they had an 80 point season.

Old
09-03-2017, 02:51 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
It should but it probably won't be. IMO Barrie should be traded now with 3 years left on contract.
Agreed. It should be but it won't.

Old
09-03-2017, 02:58 PM
McMetal
Writer of Wrongs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
And replace him with who exactly? EJ-Mironov-Lindholm is a depth chart even scarier than our current left side. Like it or not, we need him one more year.

Old
09-03-2017, 03:01 PM
agentblack

Quote:
And replace him with who exactly? EJ-Mironov-Lindholm is a depth chart even scarier than our current left side. Like it or not, we need him one more year.
Sea Eagles this is your cue

Old
09-03-2017, 03:05 PM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

Quote:
Sea Eagles this is your cue
Makar, Timmins and Bigras have shown awesome promise and they all could be ready for big roles already next season and they're all terrific prospects and humans. Not to mention we could draft a top-4 ready guy with our first next draft who is also probably a terrific player and an awesome guy.

Old
09-03-2017, 03:08 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Makar, Timmins and Bigras have shown awesome promise and they could be ready for big roles already next season and they're all terrific prospects and humans.
Humans even? oh I doubt that , I'm sure there's a ****bag in that bunch somewhere

But I was just kidding waiting for Sea to mention Franson ,

Old
09-03-2017, 03:16 PM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

Not to mention Meloche, who I think could be ready this season and he is a terrific athlete and great guy just like Matt Duchene who is a terrific guy and a real professional who will for sure bounce back just like Varly and Bernier who is a terrific goalie.

Old
09-03-2017, 03:23 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Not to mention Meloche, who I think could be ready this season and he is a terrific athlete and great guy just like Matt Duchene who is a terrific guy and a real professional who will for sure bounce back just like Varly and Bernier who is a terrific goalie.
Sea eagles?

Old
09-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Ceremony
then I woke up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Quote from a poster named XIsle over on the Islanders board:

"And another thing I learned from Bossy on the radio here in Montreal is that he's not a fan of Matt Duchene. He said he heard that Duchene is not liked by his teammates and that if he was GM, he would not want to acquire him."

I can't verify the accuracy of what this poster is indicating that Bossy said on radio, but I am not sure I like the statements that Duchene is somehow a bad influence in the locker room. It seems like kicking someone while they are down and I have seen this song and dance routine before, where someone heading out from an organization is suddenly a "locker room cancer."
Finally, an answer to the perpetual "do HFBoards posters know more than GMs" question

09-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Balthazar
Someone

Quote:
You're speaking like we need to win games this year.

Old
09-03-2017, 03:31 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Does it matter? I'm not advocating we just get rid of Barrie to get rid of him but if the return is great but creates a hole in the short term, who cares? Would you pass up say Nylander just because no RD is ready right now?

Old
09-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Balthazar
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
Does it matter? I'm not advocating we just get rid of Barrie to get rid of him but if the return is great but creates a hole in the short term, who cares? Would you pass up say Nylander just because no RD is ready right now?
Not going to get Nylander but he could get us Kapanen++. Wait one more year and we'll hear the same as we hear now with Duchene: "we're not going to trade a good prospect for a guy with 2 years left".

Closed Thread