HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Koivu.....

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 05:51 AM
messy_eh

vCash: 500
Koivu.....

Sorry to bug you guys, just wondering if there is any word on when Saku will actually return. I have looked around but can't seem to find an awnser. A week ago it was the next game every day but I haven't heard anything lately, is there a new problem. If there is already an ongoing thread about this could you provide a link before you close this, again i couldn't find a current one. Thanks..

Old
10-30-2003, 06:06 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

It seems Koivu might have started training too soon which could have slowed the healing process of his knee. Management want to make sure he's 100% before returning, as the Habs can't aford to lose him for a good portion of the year. He made the trip to Boston but is unlikely to play. Still, it seems that finally there's hope for a quick return. Maybe they'll insert him in the lineup next week along with Chad Kilger who's on a conditioning stint in Hamilton for 3 games. That's all we know so far.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:06 AM
Darz

Right now, Koivu is day to day. I don't think anybody including Koivu or the team can pinpoint an exact date. Could be tonite could be saturdya could be 2 weeks. I think once he has a practise without felling anymore twinges in the knee, he'll play the next game.

So to answer your question, I don't know.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:19 AM
Habber

According to the Gazette, Koivu will not play against the B's tonight.

But he did practice yesterday and is going to Boston to take the morning skate so he must be very close.

Closed Thread