HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

2017 NFL Season - Perfect Season Over

Old
09-08-2017, 07:29 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 500
2017 NFL Season - Perfect Season Over

Well as I said in OT, lots of happy people today now that NE has been knocked off their pedestal.

Real story for me was Hunt. The kid looked so down after fumbling on his first carry.

Overcame adversity and had a record setting came.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 08:52 AM
shoop

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Well as I said in OT, lots of happy people today now that NE has been knocked off their pedestal.

Real story for me was Hunt. The kid looked so down after fumbling on his first carry.

Overcame adversity and had a record setting came.
Tyreek Hill had a very solid game.

Brady had a good night. Smith just had a career game.

Hoodie is the GOAT for a reason. The Patriots will be ok. They are still in a division with two putrid teams.

shoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 09:36 AM
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!

Thanks Alex Smith! My opponent had you, you crusty bum.

Also I wonder if that loss will anger the Pats...

x GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Weitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Tyreek Hill had a very solid game.

Brady had a good night. Smith just had a career game.

Hoodie is the GOAT for a reason. The Patriots will be ok. They are still in a division with two putrid teams.
I thought Brady had a bad night. Was like what 2 for 15 on passes over 10 yards?

He looked old.

Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 09:58 AM
NeverForget06

Pats defence looked pretty bad out there. I believe they said on the broadcast it was the most total yards ever allowed in the Belichick era. Tied for most points allowed

NeverForget06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 10:22 AM
shoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I thought Brady had a bad night. Was like what 2 for 15 on passes over 10 yards?

He looked old.
16/36 ain't great. 267 yards is still good. Probably still going to be a top 5 qb performance this week in the league. An off night for Brady. Gilislee probably won't have a multiple TD game again this season.

Losing Edelman hurts. Timing will come with Cooks.

The loss isn't a bad thing for the Patriots.

Old
09-08-2017, 11:19 AM
KenLinsemanFanClub
Sorry State

Goodbye to the perfect season you arrogant cheating asshats. I hope you go 0-16.

09-08-2017, 11:34 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
16/36 ain't great. 267 yards is still good. Probably still going to be a top 5 qb performance this week in the league. An off night for Brady. Gilislee probably won't have a multiple TD game again this season.

Losing Edelman hurts. Timing will come with Cooks.

The loss isn't a bad thing for the Patriots.
If that ends up being a top 5 performance it's gonna be a horrid weak to watch NFL

Old
09-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

No QB looks good if he's under pressure all game long.

Pats O-line was brutal.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 11:43 AM
GMofOilers

The sky is always falling around the Patriots when they lose a game. Pretty funny stuff really.

I still see a couple Superbowls in the near future.

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 12:04 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
The sky is always falling around the Patriots when they lose a game. Pretty funny stuff really.

I still see a couple Superbowls in the near future.
No, what was funny was people talking about them having a perfect season. This even after losing a weapon such as Edelman

I don't think anyone thinks the sky is falling on them. It's more nice to see them put in their place.

Old
09-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Soliloquy of a Dogge
#BroncosCountry

There's nothing better than seeing the Pats lose.

Gonna be a tough go for my Broncos in the AFC West this season. Siemian is going to have to channel Peyton Manning if we want to compete with the Raiders and Chiefs.

Soliloquy of a Dogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Soliloquy of a Dogge
#BroncosCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
If that ends up being a top 5 performance it's gonna be a horrid weak to watch NFL
Yep. By Brady's standards and by NFL standards, it was a horrendous game. Those are stats you expect out of Trevor Siemian... the 2016 version, not the 2017 version that's going to pass for 5000+ yards and 40+ TD's

Even when he had time he wasn't sharp. Definitely looked like age caught up to him on this night at least. Pats O-Line wasn't great but it wasn't bad. Bigger concern is their porous defense; that unit is incredibly overrated.

Soliloquy of a Dogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 04:03 PM
shoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy of a Dogge View Post
Yep. By Brady's standards and by NFL standards, it was a horrendous game. Those are stats you expect out of Trevor Siemian... the 2016 version, not the 2017 version that's going to pass for 5000+ yards and 40+ TD's
No picks. No fumbles. The Pats offence scored 27 points. Competent, but agreed it's not up to Brady's standards. Brady's standards and NFL standards are two very different things.

I get that some people hype everything negative about Brady. But horrendous?

Since you used 2016 Siemian as a comparable Brady threw for 25 more yards than Siemian averaged last year. Siemian was a little under a pick a game last year (0.71 INT/game).

Brady's game last night was more fairly Sam Bradford/Eli Manning range. Still not the standard Brady has set for himself but no where near as bad as 2016 Trevor Siemian.

Old
09-08-2017, 04:16 PM
shoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy of a Dogge View Post
There's nothing better than seeing the Pats lose.

Gonna be a tough go for my Broncos in the AFC West this season. Siemian is going to have to channel Peyton Manning if we want to compete with the Raiders and Chiefs.
Broncos are in tough. Don't see anyone catching the Raiders in the AFC West unless Carr gets hurt.

I'm a quietly optimistic Redskins fan. Cousins is playing for a bigger payday next year. I think the Cowboys will have a tough time with Zeke Elliott out. Good for Washington that Elliott gets to play game one. The last game of his suspension will be when they play each other in week eight. Giants are on a downhill slide and the Eagles will only go as far as Wentz can take them.

Not saying the Redskins are world beaters, but they have a decent chance to win a pretty mediocre division.

Old
09-08-2017, 04:43 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Broncos are in tough. Don't see anyone catching the Raiders in the AFC West unless Carr gets hurt.

I'm a quietly optimistic Redskins fan. Cousins is playing for a bigger payday next year. I think the Cowboys will have a tough time with Zeke Elliott out. Good for Washington that Elliott gets to play game one. The last game of his suspension will be when they play each other in week eight. Giants are on a downhill slide and the Eagles will only go as far as Wentz can take them.

Not saying the Redskins are world beaters, but they have a decent chance to win a pretty mediocre division.
Welcome to the club! I didn't think there were any other Redskins fans north of the 49th parallel. Though maybe we're still not in the same club, because I don't know how optimistic I am. I'm not as bullish on the Cowboys as the rest of the world seems to be, and neither the Giants or Eagles scare me. But our defensive front 7 is awful. In all honesty, I'm also not sure what the offense is going to look like this year. We still have a good OLine, but I don't think you can simply replace Jackson and Garcon with Pryor and Doctson and expect the same things from the offense as good as those two receivers are. As for Cousins, I'm worried there too. His payday is coming next year even if he falls back from his last 2 seasons. QBs are in too high a demand, and he has 2 great recent years to point to.

Last edited by misfit: 09-09-2017 at 09:47 AM.
misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2017, 07:52 PM
shoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Welcome to the club! I didn't think there were any other Redskins fans north of the 29th parallel. Though maybe we're still not in the same club, because I don't know how optimistic I am. I'm not as bullish on the Cowboys as the rest of the world seems to be, and neither the Giants or Eagles scare me. But our defensive front 7 is awful. In all honesty, I'm also not sure what the offense is going to look like this year. We still have a good OLine, but I don't think you can simply replace Jackson and Garcon with Pryor and Doctson and expect the same things from the offense as good as those two receivers are. As for Cousins, I'm worried there too. His payday is coming next year even if he falls back from his last 2 seasons. QBs are in too high a demand, and he has 2 great recent years to point to.
I went to grad school in the district. Washington gets into the Redskins during the playoffs like Edmonton did for the Oilers run in the spring. The feeling in both cities was just infectious. I've been a Redskins fan ever since.

Damn! Zeke Elliott just won an injunction against the league so his suspension is to be determined. That changes everything. With Elliott out defences can focus on Prescott and provide a level of pressure he never had to deal with consistently last season. With Elliott in the lineup Prescott has a lot more freedom.

I think the Redskins are going to finish anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 with a really lucky season. 9-7 could win the division if they get some breaks.

I have a feeling Pryor and Doctson will surprise. My fear is that Cousins will struggle without Sean McVay as his OC and he ends up disappointing. Cousins is done in Washington. He and management loathe each other. I hope he can rise above and get the team into the playoffs.

Last edited by shoop: 09-09-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old
09-09-2017, 02:27 PM
McKappa
hi jesse

Which team does everyone on here root for? I'm guessing Seahawks? see a lot of seahawks hats on u of a campus

McKappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2017, 02:41 PM
DrDrai
Destiny Panic's 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKappa View Post
Which team does everyone on here root for? I'm guessing Seahawks? see a lot of seahawks hats on u of a campus
I'm a Jags fan... imagine how that was being a sports fan of the Oilers and Jaguars until this past year...

DrDrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2017, 05:33 PM
BehindEnemyLines514

Quote:
Houston Texans fan actually though I haven't kept up with the NFL as much as I used to....we probably will have another mediocre finish for the season and squeak into the playoffs since we play in a weak division.

BehindEnemyLines514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
No QB looks good if he's under pressure all game long.

Pats O-line was brutal.
This. O-Line was Swiss cheese in the 4th. Couple that with Eric Berry virtually eliminating Gronk from the game, and there wasn't a whole lot of rhythm to that offence. And Brady was a little off (aside from the pressure that forced some throws).

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Game 8

Quote:
Cardinals, season ticket holder as well. This likely wont be our best year lol.

Game 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2017, 05:36 PM
DrDrai
Destiny Panic's 2015

Well my Jags D showed up today in a big way, 10 sacks, 3 forced fumbles(one ran back for a TD) and an INT.

Solid win to start the year!

DrDrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2017, 08:19 PM
NeverForget06

Quote:
Raiders baby ! Them and the Oilers both making the playoffs last year blew my mind.

NeverForget06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Stoneman89

Solid win by my 'Boys!!

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote