HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can anyone help?

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 03:25 PM
IslesJack

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to IslesJack Send a message via AIM to IslesJack
Can anyone help?

After two years I still can't find two things. The Islanders Goal Horn and the Woo's. I have the Isles Goal Song which is Rock and Roll Part 1. Does anyone know where I can get the Woo's, or has them and knows the same for the horn? The goal horn sounds like a Fog Horn to me, but I cannot find that same horn anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Old
10-30-2003, 12:31 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesJack
After two years I still can't find two things. The Islanders Goal Horn and the Woo's. I have the Isles Goal Song which is Rock and Roll Part 1. Does anyone know where I can get the Woo's, or has them and knows the same for the horn? The goal horn sounds like a Fog Horn to me, but I cannot find that same horn anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
I found something on Kazaa with the song and a different kind of horn than the current one, I would search under NY Islanders.

I used to have that siren downloaded from NYI.com that they used for about one season under Wang/Kumar but it was not the origional airhorn. The one they used from seventies, eighties and half of the nineties and incorporated it with the annoying fog-horn before both were phased out.

Here's one I have never been able to find out. What is the name of the organ song they still play today when the team takes the ice and have played since really the beginning and used to play with the siren when scoring goals?

Old
10-30-2003, 05:31 PM
IslesJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
I found something on Kazaa with the song and a different kind of horn than the current one, I would search under NY Islanders.

I used to have that siren downloaded from NYI.com that they used for about one season under Wang/Kumar but it was not the origional airhorn. The one they used from seventies, eighties and half of the nineties and incorporated it with the annoying fog-horn before both were phased out.

Here's one I have never been able to find out. What is the name of the organ song they still play today when the team takes the ice and have played since really the beginning and used to play with the siren when scoring goals?
That is all over Kazaa, I believe you are thinking of the one with an extremely annoying Air-Horn and then it has Rock and Roll Part 2. A common mistake amongst fans is that the Isles use Rock and Roll Part 1, not Part 2.

I still have that siren, and I remember when they used that. After the siren, Song 2 by Blur would play, but I know the siren didn't even last a whole season until they switched back to the Fog Horn which they still use today.

I believe the song you are thinking about is a song by The Who that has an organ playing in the beginning, but I can't remember the name.

Does anyone know about the Fog Horn used today? It sounds like they have a real Fog Horn and that it isn't computer generated. Also, I remember the Woo's from the Palffy era and they were brought back two years ago. Anyone know anything about the Woo's?

Old
10-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Quote:
That is all over Kazaa, I believe you are thinking of the one with an extremely annoying Air-Horn and then it has Rock and Roll Part 2. A common mistake amongst fans is that the Isles use Rock and Roll Part 1, not Part 2.
Yes, that is very true. Rock and Roll Part 1 actually has actual lyrics to the song, contrary to the ever-famous Rock and Roll Part 2.

Quote:
I believe the song you are thinking about is a song by The Who that has an organ playing in the beginning, but I can't remember the name.
The Who song that you are referring to is "We Won't Get Fooled Again." Good song to get fired up to. Although I am liking this years song, with Pink Floyd's "One of These Days." Gives a mysterious aura to the Coliseum. Probably because it's a mystery on which Islanders team will show up to the Coliseum...the good one or the bad one :p

~TL

Old
10-31-2003, 09:45 AM
IslesJack

hmmm

No one knows about the Fog Horn or Woo's? I think everyone can use a little Woo in their life.

Old
11-01-2003, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Try this link -

http://www.hockeyphreak.com/wavs.html

Use "Det.wav" as the Red Wings horn sounds just like the Isles horn.

Also, there are 2 other treats there for Isles fans - the first 2 sound files of Cup # 1 and Volek knocking out the Pens in OT of game 7.

Old
11-01-2003, 06:33 AM
IslesJack

he he

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
Try this link -

http://www.hockeyphreak.com/wavs.html

Use "Det.wav" as the Red Wings horn sounds just like the Isles horn.

Also, there are 2 other treats there for Isles fans - the first 2 sound files of Cup # 1 and Volek knocking out the Pens in OT of game 7.

Thanks for the help, but the horn sounds nothing like the Isles horn, but I am very picky about these things. Sorry!

Old
11-01-2003, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the help, but the horn sounds nothing like the Isles horn, but I am very picky about these things. Sorry!
Picky, picky. You should just go to a game and tape the horn and WOO.

From M*A*S*H -

Maj. Winchester: They were fooling around and pitching woo.

Hawkeye: Pitching woo?? Isn't he the famous Chinese baseball star?

Closed Thread