HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT: Islanders vs Rangers 4/6

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2006, 08:32 PM
robertch

vCash: 500
Classy Moore with the handshake for Lundy heading into the locker room. I feel his Harvard gangsta.

Old
04-06-2006, 08:33 PM
JerseyRangers

Great first game for Immonen. Did everything well. Obviously its only 1 game but he certainly looks like he could have a future as the Rangers 2nd line center for years to come. Skating isn't great but isn't that bad either. Great hockey sense; always around the puck. Solid defensively and will take the body. Big improvement from preseason where he looked ok but nothing great.

Old
04-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Cherepanov 71

Prucha got that puck for Immonen real fast, I love it.

Old
04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Levitate

quick comments

after the 1st period (which was pretty much crap all around except the defensive coverage was pretty good), the rangers played an overall good game and got a win they needed

Immonen looked good...smart, takes the body, can make plays, nice shot, and skates pretty well for a guy who's knock was always "poor skating". kudos to him on a great first NHL game. If he gets several more games and keeps it up, I'd be tempted to say leave him in going to the playoffs...

jagr didn't look like he was on tonight, and looks to be pressing at times to get that goal. i really hope he gets it out of the way on saturday, i think it's becoming a bit of a distraction to the team, as they are trying even more to feed him the puck.

prucha seemed to have trouble handling the puck today and sometimes needs to make the easy play, especially near the offensive blueline, but i still see a lot of things i like when he plays.

weekes was very good once again. coulda had that goal but it was a weird knuckler and sometimes that happens...he made up for it many times over. great that he's holding down the fort while lundqvist is out, and great to hear the crowd getting behind him

oh and montreal is up 5-2 on ottawa right now...i really do not want the rangers to face them in the playoffs, they're on a damn hot streak right now. i think the rangers are a better team, but damn the canadiens are just hot and i'd rather the rangers don't run into a hot team in the 1st round

Old
04-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
5 point lead baby

Nice job in the locker room after the first!

Old
04-06-2006, 08:46 PM
DutchShamrock

Poti's best game as a Ranger? ehh, maybe not. He and Ozolinsh are scary out there together. They try to set a record for passes in the d zone without getting over the blue line. But it is great to see Poti finally using the tools that he has. Great rush up the ice to set up the goal and nice body work down low. Nice to see him protect the goalie with that school-yard shove. Roszival has to stop taking hooking penalties. It is simply rediculous at this point and it is unacceptable in the playoffs. Weekes was awesome a 2nd game in a row.

Old
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by NassauIsles82
Ya im sure you're used to hearing it alot the last 8 seasons...
sorry but you set yourself up for that one.
*cough* 1983 and counting *cough*

Sorry but you set yourself up for that one.

Old
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
quick comments

after the 1st period (which was pretty much crap all around except the defensive coverage was pretty good), the rangers played an overall good game and got a win they needed

Immonen looked good...smart, takes the body, can make plays, nice shot, and skates pretty well for a guy who's knock was always "poor skating". kudos to him on a great first NHL game. If he gets several more games and keeps it up, I'd be tempted to say leave him in going to the playoffs...

jagr didn't look like he was on tonight, and looks to be pressing at times to get that goal. i really hope he gets it out of the way on saturday, i think it's becoming a bit of a distraction to the team, as they are trying even more to feed him the puck.

prucha seemed to have trouble handling the puck today and sometimes needs to make the easy play, especially near the offensive blueline, but i still see a lot of things i like when he plays.

weekes was very good once again. coulda had that goal but it was a weird knuckler and sometimes that happens...he made up for it many times over. great that he's holding down the fort while lundqvist is out, and great to hear the crowd getting behind him

oh and montreal is up 5-2 on ottawa right now...i really do not want the rangers to face them in the playoffs, they're on a damn hot streak right now. i think the rangers are a better team, but damn the canadiens are just hot and i'd rather the rangers don't run into a hot team in the 1st round
I haven't wanted to face the Habs for a while now. Just not a good matchup, they play us well, MTL is just too hard to play in also.

Old
04-06-2006, 08:53 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers
Prucha got that puck for Immonen real fast, I love it.
it was great... you know, i was thinking those two kids may be playin together for many years to come. Its great and im lovin it.

Immonen played great, and if he builds chemistry with Prucha early on, they'll be unstoppable in hte future.

Old
04-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
I haven't wanted to face the Habs for a while now. Just not a good matchup, they play us well, MTL is just too hard to play in also.
BUT!

We have the X factor, and his name is Dominic Moore, aka Hab-Killer (sometimes).

Old
04-06-2006, 08:55 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander
Immonen being interviewed now on NHL radio

Saying he enjoyed every minute of the game tonight, enjoyed playing with Jags and Pruchs... says you can't make as many mistakes in the nhl.. said the coaches told him to play his game and enjoy it...
thats awesome .. he looks like a perfect addition, i wished he got recalled the first time rucinsky got injured. As for Rucchin he does add leadership, and as much as i would love to have Immonen goin into the playoffs, i htink we should be patient and let him get some playoff experience in hartford playing with Korpi

We got a bright future guys

Old
04-06-2006, 09:15 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

So I'm watching 'The Score', a sports station here in Canada... It shows hilights of the Rangers game, and shows the Straka goal that Jagr seemed to score. This was the dialogue
Announcer 1: Jagr thinks he's scored (Shows him skating around)
Announcer 2: It went off an Islanders's skate
Announcer 1: Jagr looking for an explanation from the refs (shows his discussion with the refs at the end of the period)
Announcer 2: well Its not his goal (smart *** tone, context: saying that he shouldn't be talking to the refs)
Announcer 1: That's terrible (condemning)
Announcer 2: Straka gets the goal
Announcer 1: That's terrible (condemning again)

I was seriously like what the ****?

Last edited by ChrisKreider20: 04-06-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old
04-06-2006, 09:17 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NassauIsles82
Ya im sure you're used to hearing it alot the last 8 seasons...
sorry but you set yourself up for that one.
The shoe is on the other foot now.

Old
04-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Balej20*

Someone needs to find a picture of Tom Poti one arm body slamming the Baby Bird Blake. I have this thing going with one of my Islander Friends...It's a series of pictures called "Owning Blake." So far in this picture series, I have Messier choking him along the boards until he is beat red...and Prucha lifting him up from his shirt collar from behind at the net when he crashed the net on Lundqvist in the last game.

Old
04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk
So I'm watching 'The Score', a sports station here in Canada... It shows hilights of the Rangers game, and shows the Straka goal that Jagr seemed to score. This was the dialogue
Announcer 1: Jagr thinks he's scored (Shows him skating around)
Announcer 2: It went off an Islanders's skate
Announcer 1: Jagr looking for an explanation from the refs (shows his discussion with the refs at the end of the period)
Announcer 2: well Its not his goal (smart *** tone, context: saying that he shouldn't be talking to the refs)
Announcer 1: That's terrible (condemning)
Announcer 2: Straka gets the goal
Announcer 1: That's terrible (condemning again)

I was seriously like what the ****?

i think jagr was talking to the refs about it not being his goal...

Old
04-06-2006, 09:32 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
i think jagr was talking to the refs about it not being his goal...
I know. The guys from the score made it seem like he was being greedy and was arguing why he didn't get the goal. And they showed an angle and made it seem like he thought he scored, which is plain lying

Old
04-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Levitate

yeah i think jagr would know if the puck hit his stick or not

Old
04-06-2006, 09:38 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
yeah i think jagr would know if the puck hit his stick or not
definately, hence the score's stupidity.

Old
04-06-2006, 09:50 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
this season continues to be truely something special

Old
04-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
thats not tripping?
No trip at all, Martinek deked himself on that play, all Imo did was play position hockey. Great first goal, looks like a keeper this kid

Old
04-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly
Lost in the confusion: the absolutely awful giveaway by DP, thanks for the gift!
JD: "If i'm the Islander coaches I say 'Rick, LEAVE THE PUCK ALONE, thats why you have defensemen back there"

Old
04-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
JD: "If i'm the Islander coaches I say 'Rick, LEAVE THE PUCK ALONE, thats why you have defensemen back there"

hehe

Old
04-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Why isn't Poti a forward?
Seriously....

But if you look back at his 'rush up ice' you'll see it was against an AHL lineup. Now that makes sense.

Old
04-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Seriously....

But if you look back at his 'rush up ice' you'll see it was against an AHL lineup. Now that makes sense.
An AHL lineup at best..

Old
04-06-2006, 10:10 PM
HF_Rangers

Just got back from MSG! Boy was the crowd electric for the "Jagr goal" but too bad it didn't count for him. At least I saw Immonen 1st goal (of many) in the NHL and more importantly a win over the hated Islanders! What a great game to be a part of!

Closed Thread