Pooh out as third jersey? and Rodney Dangerfield in

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 01:12 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Pooh out as third jersey? and Rodney Dangerfield in

I'm telling yah, we get no repsect. HF's top 100 prospects came out and the Broons had 3 of the top 100 and Ivan Huml was highest at 59. Raycroft made it but I think there were 15 goalies rated ahead of him. What a joke- I'll continue to believe that at worst 2 of Morrisonn, Stuart, and Jonsson will be top 4 defenseman at some point. I also think Raycroft may be better than atleast one of those goalies rated ahead of him . Ok, so nobody respects the Broons player and development

The big club is even worse- you read some of these posters on other sights and the Broons are left for road kill. The overrated, overaged, overbudgeted and overly boring Leafs are rated higher; the Flyers who will turn on Captain Kangaroo led by JR as soon as they lose 3 in a row are my team to free fall. The Devils are built on three players imo- and one was in Gord Kluzak's draft class. I love Stevens but when he goes the foundation starts cracking imo. Other than Ottawa and maybe the Bolts but I'm not sold on them entirely no one is better than the Broons. When Zamuner and Green are on your fourth line your deep upfront- the defense is very underrated all of a sudden with solid vets and two young stars in the making; the goaltending solid-

I went thru the Leafs roster, the Flyers....really please break it down for me- I just don't get it, unless we go by the Flyer names and consider Amonte, LeClair, Recchi, JR, Desjardins, Weinrcih, Primeau et al as players they once were than what they are. All are on the back 9- and Capt Kangaroo will try his BS method and they are going to tell him to screw before the end of the year- bet on it. IMO Clarke could not have picked a worse coach for that team- but then again, he's Bobby Clarke- Mr arrogance.

Broons will be third seed behind Ottawa and the Bolts or some team that equally suprises like Boston. I checked the contenders and just don't see anyone that good outside of Ottawa

Old
10-29-2003, 01:19 PM
nhlbruin

where's the mention of the third jersey?

Old
10-29-2003, 01:53 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlbruin
where's the mention of the third jersey?
I was joking that the Broons should have Rodney Dangerfield's face on the third jersey (no respect is his calling card) instead of Winnie the Pooh or whatever that bear is supposed to be.

Old
10-29-2003, 01:55 PM
nhlbruin

gotcha...i thought there were going to be two things discussed: the jersey and no respect

Old
10-30-2003, 03:28 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
I'm telling yah, we get no repsect. HF's top 100 prospects came out and the Broons had 3 of the top 100 and Ivan Huml was highest at 59. Raycroft made it but I think there were 15 goalies rated ahead of him.

Raycroft just isn't a good goalie, I don't think he'll ever
get to the nhl.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:55 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH

I went thru the Leafs roster, the Flyers....really please break it down for me- I just don't get it, unless we go by the Flyer names and consider Amonte, LeClair, Recchi, JR, Desjardins, Weinrcih, Primeau et al as players they once were than what they are. All are on the back 9- and Capt Kangaroo will try his BS method and they are going to tell him to screw before the end of the year- bet on it. IMO Clarke could not have picked a worse coach for that team- but then again, he's Bobby Clarke- Mr arrogance.

Broons will be third seed behind Ottawa and the Bolts or some team that equally suprises like Boston. I checked the contenders and just don't see anyone that good outside of Ottawa
#1. Bruins can't be the 3rd seed if Ottawa is number 1.

#2. Hitchcock is arguably the best coach in the NHL, certainly in the top 2 or 3.

#3. Flyers & Devils were both far better than the Bruins last year, and very little has changed.

Show me where the Bruins have made tremendous improvements and/or the Devils have taken major steps backwards to improve the 20 point gap in the standings from last year.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:02 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Show me where the Bruins have made tremendous improvements and/or the Devils have taken major steps backwards to improve the 20 point gap in the standings from last year.

How about Andrew Raycroft and Felix Potvin for starters. Then we'll add McGillis and Jillson to the blueline for an entire year. Oh, and that Samsanov guy has already played more this year than during the regular season last year.

Just a few minor improvments. Let's put Steve Shields and John Graham in net for the Devils instead of Brodeur. Do you think they'd be as good of a team as they are right now? I'm not saying that Potvin/Razor are as good as Brodeur, I'm just trying to say that an upgrade of 1 player can make a huge difference when it's the goalie.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:07 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingcrwns
How about Andrew Raycroft and Felix Potvin for starters. Then we'll add McGillis and Jillson to the blueline for an entire year. Oh, and that Samsanov guy has already played more this year than during the regular season last year.

Just a few minor improvments. Let's put Steve Shields and John Graham in net for the Devils instead of Brodeur. Do you think they'd be as good of a team as they are right now? I'm not saying that Potvin/Razor are as good as Brodeur, I'm just trying to say that an upgrade of 1 player can make a huge difference when it's the goalie.

Raycroft & Potvin are certainly playing well, but they don't make a 20 point difference.

As for Samsonov, yes he missed all of last year and you add McGillis & Jillson.

Flyers add Kapanen, Amonte, Pitkanen. Williams, Gagne, and LeClair all missed at leat 40 games last year.

I think the Bruins are a good team, and they they will battle with the Islanders & Leafs for the 5, 6 & 7 spots.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:21 AM
nhlbruin

Quote:
Raycroft & Potvin are certainly playing well, but they don't make a 20 point difference.
20 points is only 10 games won. When you're talking about goaltending, that's certainly do-able. Basically, Raycroft and Potvin each have play great to steal a win or keep the team in when they should be out 5 games each. I don't see why not...As a matter of fact, I'd chalk up several points already earned to the improved goaltending...points from games they surely would have lost with Grahame or Shields in net.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:50 AM
SToMper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlbruin
20 points is only 10 games won. When you're talking about goaltending, that's certainly do-able. Basically, Raycroft and Potvin each have play great to steal a win or keep the team in when they should be out 5 games each. I don't see why not...As a matter of fact, I'd chalk up several points already earned to the improved goaltending...points from games they surely would have lost with Grahame or Shields in net.
did anyone see the Flyers shell Shields last night? Still has his old Stitches mask. Kept whining about guys in the crease too. kinda felt bad for him. Advice: Lose the mask!

Old
10-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Jeff from Maine

Easy Explanation

Easy explanation DKH...

Boston has YET to show that they can win when it COUNTS!

The Flyers and Leafs have shown they can win playoff rounds...Boston hasnt done so.

And until they do win in the playoffs, few people wil take them seriously

As far as prospects are concerned...

I think a lot of people are skeptical about the starts that guys like Raycroft and Bergeron have had. I think people want proof over the long haul!

Bergeron has experienced more NHL success than say a Spezza...arguably.

But who in their right mind would try to even attempt to say that Bergeron is the better of the 2?

Know what I mean?

Later

Old
10-30-2003, 08:11 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SToMper!
did anyone see the Flyers shell Shields last night? Still has his old Stitches mask. Kept whining about guys in the crease too. kinda felt bad for him. Advice: Lose the mask!

Shields had very little chance on any of the three goals he allowed. Handzus & LeClair were allowed to stand right in front of the net all alone and tapped ni easy passes and rebounds.

Roenick goal was the only one he had a chance on, and that was a slapshot from 30 feet into the top corner.

Old
10-30-2003, 01:50 PM
DKH

Quote:
Shields had very little chance on any of the three goals he allowed. Handzus & LeClair were allowed to stand right in front of the net all alone and tapped ni easy passes and rebounds.

Roenick goal was the only one he had a chance on, and that was a slapshot from 30 feet into the top corner.
The Flyers have always been my second favorite team- the team that got beat by the Oilers in 7 games in 87??? was one of my alltime favorites. I'd list Poulin and Tocchett among my 10 favorite players of alltime. Loved the 'Rat Patrol' with Propp-Poulin-Holgren; Loved Leach and McLeish, the Watson boys and Gary Dornhauffer was as good a guy as you could meet. And yes, love the kid on defense, Gagne will be a great player and Justin Williams I wish was on the Broons. But I think Hitchcock's act will grow old and as long as they win they'll be fine. But JR imo will speak out if things go bad- its a very volatile situation. If he rides these guys hard they may be toast by April.

As for the Broons being third and Sens first- I was talking points. This Broons team has 12 players of 20 in the lineup tonight that weren't around for most of last year- Samsonov, Bergeron, Zinovjev, Green, Raycroft, Potvin, Jillson, McGillis, McCarthy, Moran and Lapointe and Zamuner were hurt for an extended period. TWELVE players!!!!! Atleast a half dozen are significant players that could crack any roster and you could go so far as to say 8-10 would dress for any team.

Hey, JR and Co are still good players but not one of them is what they once were and the Flyers risk seeing what happened years ago when the Kerrs, Howes, Propps, Cravens etc all went at about the same time. You'll see this group of 6-10 guys all out of the league in 3-4 years either that or they have found the fountain of youth.

Closed Thread