HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leaf (sorry) and Eagles fan

Old
04-07-2006, 03:10 PM
tillman40
Bo Knows Bo

vCash: 500
Leaf (sorry) and Eagles fan

as a Leaf fan I come in peace .....quick question about the Eagles....what is the feeling in Philadelphia??......I know they resigned Runyan ....brought in Ed Jasper, Jeff Garcia (another great move) and Jabar Gaffney......with the whole Owens saga behind them and the Super Bowl hangover gone are we going back to the big dance??.....I don't get too much feedback about the Eagles in Toronto.....thanks guys....good luck in this years playoffs .....take Lindros back please

Last edited by tillman40: 04-07-2006 at 03:36 PM.
tillman40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Gags1288

I think the general feeling is that the Eagles didn't do enough in the off-season. They had tons of cap room and unfortunately, they still do. Darren Howard was the pick up of the off-season at DE and should surely help what was a sub-par pass rush next season. Gaffney was a nice addition, but many are still holding out hope that they'll make a run at Javon Walker if/when GB makes him available and that would turn an average receiving core into an elite one.

So the feeling is that most wish the Eagles had done more, but with a good draft and solid health throughout the season, they should be a borderline playoff team at the worst.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 04:08 PM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Gags pretty much nailed it. They still don't have a power RB to help out the running game. They are just as thin on the OL as they were last year (but re-signing Runyan helps). The receivers are just as big a ??? as they were pre-TO (although they have more promise w/ Gaffney and Brown). The D-line probably needs another addition. And no one knows whats gonna happen w/ Donovan.

They really need to hit some homeruns in the draft. Needs: power RB, WR, OL, DL (for depth) and a good young OLB (depth). This is the type of draft year that I would like to see the Birds be aggressive and trade up if they can land an immediate starter.

kingjdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 04:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
They always make their big splash and then wait for the draft and sign their draft picks. Since the Eagles pick so high this year, their pick will command a lot of money. They always pick up a few guys who get cut anyways

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 05:27 PM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
They're in a good spot at 14. Winston Justice (6'6" 330 OL), Santonio Holmes WR, Ernie Sims OLB, Haloti Ngata or Brodrick Bunkley (both DTs-but pass rush is a bigger concern) are all within reach.

LenDale White RB, Tamba Hali DE (GO JOEPA), and Sinorice Moss WR (Santana's bro) are guys who the Birds could either trade down for in 1st round or up for in 2nd if they drop.

They have a pair of 4th rounders and a pair of 5ths. I'd love to see them take some of those extra picks and move up somewhere.

kingjdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 06:32 PM
FlyersFanJS

they didn't do enough to be able to compete with wash and dal...bank on them finishing in 3rd in the NFC east....

(sorry, not an eagles fan)

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 12:13 AM
TheKingPin

the eagles will be good, but they didnt do a great job with the WR vacancy. could have gotten moulds. with the strength of the division i see us doing much worse. The Cardinals, Skins, Cowboys all got better and Tiki Barber always eats us alive. So the days of getting wins off the division are good. Other than that we have an easy schedual like the niners, saints, and texans. we will see it will be a true battle for the top spot should be fun

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 12:19 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2401
The Eagles play Wisconsin for the NCAA title Saturday night

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote