HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Even!

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2006, 09:11 PM
HABit

vCash: 500
Even!

After being in the red on the GF vs. GA the Habs have finally climbed the ladder and are now EVEN! 228GF vs 228GA

Way to go Habs on the 8 straight W's...keep it going!

Old
04-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
wow, really? Nicely done, Canadiens. I haven't been paying attention to that too much, but last I checked we were down by quite a bit.

Old
04-06-2006, 09:22 PM
LesHabsRock

I've been keeping track of that stat because it maybe needed as a tiebreaker between NJD and Habs at season's end for playoff seeding. Goal differential is the last deciding factor. So far Jersey has two more GF than GA. Habs are even.

Old
04-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Physical HABuse

Yeah....cool that you bring it up because it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the final score tonight. I have been wondering about how this could be used as a tie breaker. My thinking it is that it won't come into play as a tie breaker because the first tie-breaker is head to head competition I believe,,,,,either that or total number of wins. Either way both of these are dependent on us winning both games left against NJ....and if we lose eother one I think NJ will get 6th spot outright on points.

Old
04-06-2006, 11:20 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
Yeah....cool that you bring it up because it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the final score tonight. I have been wondering about how this could be used as a tie breaker. My thinking it is that it won't come into play as a tie breaker because the first tie-breaker is head to head competition I believe,,,,,either that or total number of wins. Either way both of these are dependent on us winning both games left against NJ....and if we lose eother one I think NJ will get 6th spot outright on points.
Yes, I am banking on the Habs winning both tilts against the Devils which would tie the series at 2-2. And, if that happens the Habs won't need the goal differential tiebreaker as both of those victories would be 4 point victories and pull the Habs away from the NJD into 6th alone in points and victories.

Old
04-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Form and Substance

By how many goals were we down? I mean we've always kept our gf at around 2.90-3.00 despite our winning streak (currently at 3.00 on the dot) but our ga which is at 3.00 as well was close to 3.5 at our lowest point. It must have taken at least 25-30 more goals for to have broken even.

Old
04-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Raider917

its seven again at 233 goals for and 233 goals against. i want to see a plus even if has no playoff implications.

4 more winnable games left. getting a +5 is what i want.

Closed Thread