HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do we want to face in the 1st round (pick top 2)?

View Poll Results: Who do we want to face in the first round (pick top 2)
Calgary 20 39.22%
Colorado 29 56.86%
Anaheim 7 13.73%
Edmonton 12 23.53%
San Jose 2 3.92%
Vanouver 22 43.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-02-2006, 12:15 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Who do we want to face in the 1st round (pick top 2)?

Leaving out Detroit and Dallas for now, because I’m not even entertaining the idea of finishing 7th or 8th.

My order:

Colorado
Edmonton
Calgary
Vancouver
San Jose
Anaheim

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 12:22 PM
dulzhok

I feel that COL and EDM are vunerable, mainly becuase of goaltending question marks.

We match up well against Calgary, but I'm afraid of the thought of facing Kipper in the playoffs. But a Calgary playoff series would be intense!

Old
04-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Nitrous Mafia

The Flamers
then the Avs

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 01:36 PM
CloakroomCrusader

^^ Me too

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 01:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

given the way we've played lately, i don't feel great about playing any of them.

but if i had to pick, colorado or vancouver. anyone but edmonton\anaheim, who i don't feel we match up well against.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
i went with calgary and vancouver. We have seemed to play vancouver well, and calgary is such a great matchup. i wouldnt necessarily be hurt if we lost, but im positive it would be an amazing series.

like said, i wouldnt want to face edmonton or anaheim. i could handle colorado as well.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 04:59 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
i went with calgary and vancouver. We have seemed to play vancouver well, and calgary is such a great matchup. i wouldnt necessarily be hurt if we lost, but im positive it would be an amazing series.

like said, i wouldnt want to face edmonton or anaheim. i could handle colorado as well.
I agree that Calgary would easily be the most entertaining series.

I'm not as scared of Edmonton. Granted, our record vs them is 1-2-1. I just feel like we could take 'em. Roloston has been very shaky, and one would think that his lack of confidence could be a killer in a playoff series.

Honestly, I feel like we stand a decent chance vs anyone. Certainly, we also stand a decent chance of losing vs anyone. But, Detroit and Dallas are the only ones I would expect to lose against. I would go into any other series expecting a win out of the Preds.

Getting the 4th spot will be KEY, with our road woes, and home dominance.

I am confident that many of our guys can step it up to the next level. On offense... Hartnell, Hall, and Erat all "took it to the next level" in last year's playoffs. I hope we can get Walker back to 100% by the playoffs. Yanic has scored some cluth goals in the playoffs. Kariya and Sullivan are X factors on offense... we need see another gear from them.

On defense... Markov's game is built for the playoffs. We can hope the same for Witt (it's been a while since he's been there). Timonen and Zid always play their best when it's all on the line (see Olympics and WC).

But, ultimately, our fate will likely lie in the hands of Vokoun. If he can get on top of his game, I think we stand a good chance in the first round. By "good chance", I mean a better chance of winning than losing, especially if we can get home field advantage.

Last edited by dulzhok: 04-02-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old
04-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I just said the Flamers because I think it would be a very fun series.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think Anaheim will be our target, but if they aren't....I suspect it will be the Avs. We play very well against the Avs, and have been about 50/50 against the Ducks. Colorado will have Theodore back.....will that matter? Anaheim has Giguere....and we all know what he can do in the playoffs

04-02-2006, 09:11 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I think Anaheim will be our target, but if they aren't....I suspect it will be the Avs.
These teams are so close now, 5-8 is sepearted by a whopping 2 points! Certainly Anaheim is the hottest team right now, but it appears as though they have the hardest schedule. It's really up in the air, IMO, who's going to finish where.

I HOPE that we are safe with the 4th. We have a seriously easy schedule, while the above teams are playing each other almost every game.

Old
04-02-2006, 10:41 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Colorado then Vancouver are my top wishes for the first round matchup.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Music to my ears when I hear people choosing to play Colorado and Vancouver over Anaheim. It just shows what an amazing year the Ducks have had and the respect they are getting around the league. Bryan Murray and Brian Burke have really turned our organization around erasing the "also ran" label.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc
Music to my ears when I hear people choosing to play Colorado and Vancouver over Anaheim. It just shows what an amazing year the Ducks have had and the respect they are getting around the league. Bryan Murray and Brian Burke have really turned our organization around erasing the "also ran" label.
Well, you have a goalie who has one of the best playoff performances ever, a goal scorer who is rejuvenated, tons of speed, and arguably the best defensemen in the game.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 08:22 AM
RollingPredFan

I don't want any part of the ducks.... boy I hope they slide a little, they may be playing the best hockey in the west, including the Red Wings

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I want Calgary. just because thats the series I want. Win or Lose that series would be incredible.

hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 01:31 PM
beautypersoni

I want to see Nashville play Colorado in the first round, because I know the Predators can take them, and I absolutely HATE the Avalanche and want them knocked out as soon as possible. I hate Colorado more than any other team in the league, including Detroit. (I bleed Nordiques blue.)

Anyhoo...

beautypersoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 01:48 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
(I bleed Nordiques blue.)
You may want to get that checked out

I also agree HB, I'd also like to see us face Calgary in the first round just because that'd be one hell of a series.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2006, 02:58 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I picked Calgary and then Vancouver just because

1. We've played Calgary so well this season and it would be intense

and 2. I think Vancouver's goaltending wont hold up.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2006, 09:58 AM
beautypersoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
I think Vancouver's goaltending wont hold up.
I actually think Alex Auld will be a pleasant surprise to Vancouver fans, and look great in the playoffs. Unfortunately for Canucks fans, I expect all their forwards, with the exception of the Carter/Sedins line to struggle. And they won't be able to do it all by themselves.

On the subject of goaltending, I expect Detroit's goalies to be average (but the rest of the team to play excellent - unfortunately), Dallas' Turco to play well (as will the rest of the team), Calgary's Kiprusoff to play great (but the rest of the team to let him down offensively), Colorado's Budaj to be mediocre (don't know what to expect from Theodore, if he plays), Anaheim's Giguere to play well, Edmonton's Roloson to look average, and Nashville's Vokoun to, of course, play great.

Anyhoo...

beautypersoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2006, 08:46 PM
muddycreek*

Don't deserve to play right now but I vote for Brentwood Ice Tigers!

muddycreek* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Stars-Preds

I don't want to play the Ducks or Sharks. Both of those teams are playing very good hockey right now and have the goaltending to actually do something in the post-season.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 12:00 AM
philthy mcnasty*

If I was a fan of the Preds - which I'm not, but I have tremendous respect for the team and organization as a whole - I wouldn't want to play Edmonton.

We are overdue to explode, and this city goes ****ing buckwild at playoff time, it's a playoff town, things change when we make post season, our players are instilled with some hockey God magical force.

Not to mention we're some road warriors and love the underdog tag, I think if Oilers make playoffs this year we definitely have the potential to do some serious damage.

Teams like Anahiem and San Jose are young, plus they've been desperately steaming along to have a playoff spot, one only wonders how much they'll have left when and if they make the postseason.

philthy mcnasty* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 12:16 AM
braindead

Anyone other than Columbus and Chicago???

Forget the logical choices. Fall to 6th and play the Flames-- it was destined to be from the moment Trotz and Sutter went at each other at the end of the "last" season. We just needed to wait approximately 2 years. That would be a great series.

I'm also a contrarian so I'll say the Ducks. Sure they look hot now but the tide could turn in a hurry on their Canadian swing next week and, if it does, they could tighten up in a hurry.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy mcnasty
If I was a fan of the Preds - which I'm not, but I have tremendous respect for the team and organization as a whole - I wouldn't want to play Edmonton.

We are overdue to explode, and this city goes ****ing buckwild at playoff time, it's a playoff town, things change when we make post season, our players are instilled with some hockey God magical force.

Not to mention we're some road warriors and love the underdog tag, I think if Oilers make playoffs this year we definitely have the potential to do some serious damage.

Teams like Anahiem and San Jose are young, plus they've been desperately steaming along to have a playoff spot, one only wonders how much they'll have left when and if they make the postseason.
The city might go crazy, but judging by Edmonton's playoff successes since Messier left, the team hasn't.

Nashville has not played well against either the Ducks or Sharks, and those two teams are maybe the only two teams in the West that can match the Preds speed.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 07:32 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan
Nashville has not played well against either the Ducks or Sharks, and those two teams are maybe the only two teams in the West that can match the Preds speed.
The Preds won the season series against SJ and recieved a point in every game they played against them.

Anaheim is one of those where it's hard to gauge how we match up. All three losses came in major losing streaks. The first loss was in the midst of a 5 game losing streak. In the second loss, we were in the midst of 5 losses in 6 games streak. The third loss kicked off 6 losses in 7 games. I am not saying we are better than them, just that it is difficult to judge because all three of our losses occurred while we were playing our worst hockey of the year.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote