HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAAH Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2006, 10:24 PM
  #1
RGF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
NCAAH Games

Maine is losing to Wisconsin right now, but tough, hard hitting game. I watched the UND-BC game earlier.....Some thoughts_

UND had an off game but the talent of their players is unparalleled. Zajac, Stafford, Oshie, Toews to name a few. I was impressed by all four. The Devils have two great prospects in Zajac and Stafford. Both highly skilled, Stafford can't be knocked off a puck in the corners. TJ OSHIE MAN STL has a prospect in this KID, hes a magician with the puck and skates right into the slot no matter how many Defenders there are in front of him. And he gets through, takes the hit fearlessly. STL fans will be happy with him.

Toews, definetely a player. I now see why so many feel trading Montoya for Toews (if possible) is worth it. Legitimate # 1 center. Great hands, scoring ability, plays with an edge, not afraid of physical games.

More info if anyone wants it. With respect to our Maine prospects. G. Moore is playing alright, He's got high end speed, I've watched him beat out a lot of Wisconsin players for pucks using his speed to get around them and past them. Billy Ryan looks pretty good too but wouldn't stand out to the average fan. HE too has a future with the Rangers. His next two years with Maine will be critical to his development, but hes had a Strong year this year and will improve. Another good C prospect

RGF is offline  
Old
04-06-2006, 10:24 PM
  #2
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
I called BC to win it all at the beginning of this Tourney, I am sticking to that.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
04-06-2006, 10:46 PM
  #3
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGF
Maine is losing to Wisconsin right now, but tough, hard hitting game. I watched the UND-BC game earlier.....Some thoughts_

UND had an off game but the talent of their players is unparalleled. Zajac, Stafford, Oshie, Toews to name a few. I was impressed by all four. The Devils have two great prospects in Zajac and Stafford. Both highly skilled, Stafford can't be knocked off a puck in the corners. TJ OSHIE MAN STL has a prospect in this KID, hes a magician with the puck and skates right into the slot no matter how many Defenders there are in front of him. And he gets through, takes the hit fearlessly. STL fans will be happy with him.

Toews, definetely a player. I now see why so many feel trading Montoya for Toews (if possible) is worth it. Legitimate # 1 center. Great hands, scoring ability, plays with an edge, not afraid of physical games.

More info if anyone wants it. With respect to our Maine prospects. G. Moore is playing alright, He's got high end speed, I've watched him beat out a lot of Wisconsin players for pucks using his speed to get around them and past them. Billy Ryan looks pretty good too but wouldn't stand out to the average fan. HE too has a future with the Rangers. His next two years with Maine will be critical to his development, but hes had a Strong year this year and will improve. Another good C prospect
Stafford was Buffalo's 13th overall in the '04 draft.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-06-2006, 11:17 PM
  #4
RGF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Stafford was Buffalo's 13th overall in the '04 draft.
Good call, I had a senior moment at the age of 27...I was thinking of Barry Tallackson should have reread my notes....Regardless his play is superb

RGF is offline  
Old
04-06-2006, 11:30 PM
  #5
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGF
Good call, I had a senior moment at the age of 27...I was thinking of Barry Tallackson should have reread my notes....Regardless his play is superb
Stafford was considered heavily for the Rangers first pick in '04 as well. He had ties to Sather somehow, i forget exactly.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-06-2006, 11:32 PM
  #6
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,804
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Stafford was considered heavily for the Rangers first pick in '04 as well. He had ties to Sather somehow, i forget exactly.
his dad is the equipment manager in Edmonton or something

Thirty One is offline  
Old
04-07-2006, 02:59 PM
  #7
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest
 
BigCanada77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
TJ Oshie for North Dakota is a complete madman!! He stick handled defensemen out of their pads. Rediculous puck control. St. Louis found a gem in this kid.

BigCanada77 is offline  
Old
04-07-2006, 03:00 PM
  #8
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest
 
BigCanada77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
by the way when is the game, tonight or tomorrow night??

BigCanada77 is offline  
Old
04-07-2006, 03:18 PM
  #9
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
his dad is the equipment manager in Edmonton or something
Drew Stafford's uncle Barrie is the Oilers equipment manager.Some people were flipping out over the Rangers possibly selecting Stafford claiming Sather is picking his friend's nephew but they never considered Drew is an excellent player

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
  #10
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77
by the way when is the game, tonight or tomorrow night??
Saturday night

RangerBoy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.