HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rob Bellamy -- Frozen Four (Maine)

Old
04-06-2006, 09:14 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Rob Bellamy -- Frozen Four (Maine)

"One Black Bears player to watch in the Frozen Four is sophomore Rob Bellamy (PHI). The gritty, hard working forward has played in all but two games this season and has blossomed into one of Maine’s most relentless and difficult players to play against. He has racked up 15 points (six goals, nine assists) thus far and leads the team in penalty minutes with 75. Two of Maine’s strengths this season have been play along the boards and willingness to get physical. They’re also areas that Bellamy thrives in."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8560

Maine plays Wisconsin tonight 8pm ESPN2

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 10:05 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
one of Maine’s most relentless and difficult players to play against
If some of these guys pan out the Flyers could be a really frustrating team in two or three years.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC
If some of these guys pan out the Flyers could be a really frustrating team in two or three years.
Good point, with Bellamy and Downie coming down the pike it sounds as if they have two real gritty agitators.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 10:30 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 890
The scouting department for the Flyers is solid.

Panasonic Youth left some responses from USCHO.com about Bellamy on the "Flyers Prospects Update" thread, page 13.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 04:20 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I don't know. I'm still not sold on Bellamy. Players like him are a dime a dozen. Freddy Cabana is basically the same player, but with more offense. Yeah, it's nice to have a collection of checkers, but we need goal scoring wingers. We have enough grinders throughout our system. Personally, I hope Bellamy begins to start developing an offensive game to go along with the great checking game he already has. Right now, I'd say that he's probably a little too one dimensional.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2006, 04:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
I don't know. I'm still not sold on Bellamy. Players like him are a dime a dozen. Freddy Cabana is basically the same player, but with more offense. Yeah, it's nice to have a collection of checkers, but we need goal scoring wingers. We have enough grinders throughout our system. Personally, I hope Bellamy begins to start developing an offensive game to go along with the great checking game he already has. Right now, I'd say that he's probably a little too one dimensional.

He was drafted in a weak draft, and was never supposed to have a real offensive game.

Old
04-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Rex88

Maine v. Wisconsin is on ESPN2 tonight - check him out for yourselves.

Rex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 04:56 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
He was drafted in a weak draft, and was never supposed to have a real offensive game.
Yeah, but Cabana was also drafted that year and he plays the same game but with some sort of offensive upside. You'd figure Bellamy would be contributing something. To be honest, we've got nothing more than a more aggressive, less offensive version of Radio.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 07:41 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Yeah, but Cabana was also drafted that year and he plays the same game but with some sort of offensive upside. You'd figure Bellamy would be contributing something. To be honest, we've got nothing more than a more aggressive, less offensive version of Radio.

Bellamy has 3 more years to find an offensive game at Maine and he will definetaly get the playing time.

Old
04-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
less offensive version of Radio.
How is that possible? Radio doesn't contribute much offense as it is...and if he's more aggressive, I'll take it.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 10:34 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77
How is that possible? Radio doesn't contribute much offense as it is...and if he's more aggressive, I'll take it.
he doesnt contribute much offence because he plays on the 3rd/4th line and doesnt get much, if any, PP time

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 11:26 AM
paxtang

Quote:
I don't feel that Bellamy has much offensive upside either, but relative to Cabana, it's about the same. You can't judge players in two different leagues, with two different styles of play. The fact is is that Bellamy is a much better hitter, an entirely more physical player than Cabana. Both have only average hands and an undeveloped head for the offensive game.

paxtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 12:16 PM
malfeasance

Meh. I watched the Maine/Wisc. game last night and wasn't impressed. He seemed to spend a lot of time sprawled on the ice, as Wisconsin took it to them pretty good.

He got knocked down a lot, didn't hit back much and missed a couple of opportunities at point blank range. I don't expect much more than possibly a role player.....

...for the Phantoms.

malfeasance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 12:42 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I just dont know what people see in Rob Bellamy and his pro potential. I guess I am missing something. I have seen Maine play quite a bit living here in the northeast, 3 or 4 years from now i see him in the AHL with the Phantoms or some other AHL team.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2006, 05:58 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfeasance
Meh. I watched the Maine/Wisc. game last night and wasn't impressed. He seemed to spend a lot of time sprawled on the ice, as Wisconsin took it to them pretty good.

He got knocked down a lot, didn't hit back much and missed a couple of opportunities at point blank range. I don't expect much more than possibly a role player.....

...for the Phantoms.
I believe you may have been watching the wrong player.....Bellamy had about 6 or 7 hits.

Old
04-08-2006, 01:31 PM
malfeasance

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I believe you may have been watching the wrong player.....Bellamy had about 6 or 7 hits.
Oh, my bad. I must've been watching Bill Bellamy, that awful actor guy. Rob Bellamy? Oh, yeah, hell of a player. A one man wrecking crew, thanks.

Since most of the Maine players were usually crumpled up in a heap on the ice, my meager brain and shoddy eyes must've been confused. I'm good with colors, but numbers and letters frighten and confuse me.

Appreciate your correction.

Old
04-08-2006, 01:51 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfeasance
Oh, my bad. I must've been watching Bill Bellamy, that awful actor guy. Rob Bellamy? Oh, yeah, hell of a player. A one man wrecking crew, thanks.

Since most of the Maine players were usually crumpled up in a heap on the ice, my meager brain and shoddy eyes must've been confused. I'm good with colors, but numbers and letters frighten and confuse me.

Appreciate your correction.
Hey! Thanks!

You're simply wrong, it's ok. Happens to a lot of people.

Now, nobody said Bellamy was a great player. But he had quite a few hits and was very physical that game, like he is in every game. I can think of no other explantion for your comment that he didn't hit back much other than you were watching the wrong player.

Old
04-08-2006, 02:58 PM
malfeasance

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Hey! Thanks!

You're simply wrong, it's ok. Happens to a lot of people.

Now, nobody said Bellamy was a great player. But he had quite a few hits and was very physical that game, like he is in every game. I can think of no other explantion for your comment that he didn't hit back much other than you were watching the wrong player.

Wow. Wish I had a dollar for everytime you came away from a conversation impressed with yourself.

During the game that I was watching he and Maine were clearly overmatched by Wisc. For all of his hype of being a physical presence, I wasn't impressed. While I'll admit to not keeping a running tally of his hits, I'm pretty sure that I know I wasn't impressed.

So relax, drive downtown and over the bridge to ABC brewing and have a red on me. And step away from the college hockey hit tracking chart. You need to get out more.

As for me, I have already requested that ESPN introduce a "glowing Bellamy" much like FOX's "glowing puck" so that morons such as I can follow him around the ice in the future and not draw your ire.

PS: This should not be confused with a "glowing Potulny" which is very itchy, but treatable with natural herbs.

Old
04-09-2006, 11:55 AM
panayiotis

ron roesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
The scouting department for the Flyers is solid.

Panasonic Youth left some responses from USCHO.com about Bellamy on the "Flyers Prospects Update" thread, page 13.
Sports guy here in montreal. Has been around forever. International hockey experience. The works..He refers to the flyers scouts as the most consistent in hockey. I agree....If he can skate he will play in nhl.

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote