HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Some Fantasy Help From You Gurus

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Baron Von Shark

vCash: 500
Some Fantasy Help From You Gurus

I have two C spots to fill. All 4 of my Cs have games tomorrow.

Lemieux vs. Chi

Savard vs. Min

Spezza vs. Fla

Lecavalier vs. SJ

ALl of these centers are at least point-per-game guys. Savard and Spezza are coming off of hot games. Vinny is going up against a very weak SJ team. Lemieux hasn't been good for much more than assits this season.

Which two would you guys go with and why?

Old
10-29-2003, 05:27 PM
One-eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Shark
I have two C spots to fill. All 4 of my Cs have games tomorrow.

Lemieux vs. Chi

Savard vs. Min

Spezza vs. Fla

Lecavalier vs. SJ

ALl of these centers are at least point-per-game guys. Savard and Spezza are coming off of hot games. Vinny is going up against a very weak SJ team. Lemieux hasn't been good for much more than assits this season.

Which two would you guys go with and why?
LeCav is the best choice...against a weak and young defensive team, Vinnie should put up a point or two.
Next...SuperMario...Chicago is another weak/young/rebuilding team who is missing their best 2 players..weak D as well.
3rd...Spezza...lots of Sens firepower, but with Havlat's return he gets relegated to 2nd unit powerplay time, but still not a bad choice...you could make the case for choosing him over Mario too...but I'll take experience and age over inexperience anyday.
4th...The Wild traditionally with LeMaire as coach don't give up alot of points with their stifling trap...I'd sit Savard out in this one.

Of course in fantasy hockey (or any fantasy sport) what sounds good doesn't mean it's going to translate to the ice...Good luck.

Old
10-29-2003, 05:39 PM
The Mannschaft

Send a message via ICQ to The Mannschaft Send a message via AIM to The Mannschaft Send a message via MSN to The Mannschaft
I would go with Lecavalier and Lemieux. Lecavalier because he playing the Sharks, and Lemieux, because he's Lemieux

Old
10-29-2003, 05:42 PM
Baron Von Shark

Lemieux has done no better than Savard or Spezza though. He does kill me in +/- as well. Thanks for the input though guys.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Baron, it might be a bit late, but I'd go with Spezza and Lecavalier. Luongo got creamed tonight, and might be on a bit of an emotional down time, and we all know what's happening in SJ.

Of course, Roberto might have something to prove, and there's no better team to prove it against than Ottawa, neh?

My nickel.
~Crazed.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:50 AM
Los Tiburones

1) Vinny L.
2) Savard
3) Spezza
4) Lemieux

Old
10-30-2003, 03:17 AM
One-eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Shark
Lemieux has done no better than Savard or Spezza though. He does kill me in +/- as well. Thanks for the input though guys.
While past performance factors in for current fantasy value, don't discount future projections...more often than not (I think I read somewhere that it's around 80% of slow starting players) an 80 pt projected forward who starts slow, ends up picking it up. Mario is Mario, like someone stated...until he proves otherwise in the longterm he's still a fantasy commodity.

Closed Thread